Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Dukes Enduro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2019, 01:40 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Dukes Enduro

Just a sneak peak. I haven’t cracked the seals of the kit open yet, still waiting on metal balls and few other things, but decided to get started on the body.

And my muse

I’ve put a feeler our to Hauk about getting some scale river raider door stickers, we’ll see how that goes, I hear Kenny is buddies with some big RC guys so fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2019, 01:55 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Dukes Enduro

Trust Me, you want the metal balls.........

That is a sweet looking idea to build, Matt from SBG knows him I believe ?
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:58 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Awesome, you got the MST body! I'm still waiting for the "official" release and not the take-offs.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 02:13 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Awesome, you got the MST body! I'm still waiting for the "official" release and not the take-offs.
I did, I actually got it from the gentleman we were talking to in my wanted thread. He broke a kit apart he had and said he intended to use the axles and some other bits but not the body.

Note for when you get the body, the window masks are A LOT too small. I put them on and hated how they looked, crooked no matter how I tried and couldn't get them to cover, so I backed those with 3m.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:40 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Excellent news, glad he hooked you up! I saw your post about looking for this body, and his response... This is the same route I wanted to go with the Element, until the utility bed was released. Still planning on getting one down the road, can't ever have too many bodies (or wheel/tire sets...��)
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 02:49 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Excellent news, glad he hooked you up! I saw your post about looking for this body, and his response... This is the same route I wanted to go with the Element, until the utility bed was released. Still planning on getting one down the road, can't ever have too many bodies (or wheel/tire sets...��)
yeah I actually just saw the utility bed setup last night, which got me thinking the knight custom dodge grill and mate the cab to the proline box truck utility bed may be a cool build. probably shouldn't have said that out loud, now someone will do it before I get the chance to throw that on something haha.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:19 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
Just a sneak peak. I haven’t cracked the seals of the kit open yet, still waiting on metal balls and few other things, but decided to get started on the body.

And my muse

I’ve put a feeler our to Hauk about getting some scale river raider door stickers, we’ll see how that goes, I hear Kenny is buddies with some big RC guys so fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude, I've never seen this before but I'm liking it! Very cool body.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:48 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

DukeMinnix,

You gonna pick up the MST Nitto Mud Grapplers to match the 1:1 rig?

I got myself a set of Team DC Nitto Mud Grappler copies in 2.2" long ago, but they were too stretched on the inner hole to stay on the beadlocks I tried, so I'll be glueing them on some RPM Revolver black nylon crawler wheels at some point. Never even got to drive them yet.

They made 1.9" versions as well, I should have got them as they are the same height and width - both sizes are a bit wider than the MST 1.9" versions, but the MST may be better quality. Have no idea on how sticky they are, but it's an extremely cool tread pattern.

I think Team DC may be undergoing some major changes - they have a ton of mostly appearance (not performance) products, but it seems that currently they are showing sold out of every item. They also have a site banner mentioning company relocation... not sure what that's about. If I was to try to get the Mud Grappler design again, I'd definitely go for the MST version.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:29 AM   #9
Go Buckeyes!

Oh, man! I'm liking the looks of that 1:1 pic!

This looks like it's going to be a sweet build!

Subscribed!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:20 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
Dude, I've never seen this before but I'm liking it! Very cool body.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
thanks, we'll see what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
DukeMinnix,

You gonna pick up the MST Nitto Mud Grapplers to match the 1:1 rig?

I got myself a set of Team DC Nitto Mud Grappler copies in 2.2" long ago, but they were too stretched on the inner hole to stay on the beadlocks I tried, so I'll be glueing them on some RPM Revolver black nylon crawler wheels at some point. Never even got to drive them yet.

They made 1.9" versions as well, I should have got them as they are the same height and width - both sizes are a bit wider than the MST 1.9" versions, but the MST may be better quality. Have no idea on how sticky they are, but it's an extremely cool tread pattern.

I think Team DC may be undergoing some major changes - they have a ton of mostly appearance (not performance) products, but it seems that currently they are showing sold out of every item. They also have a site banner mentioning company relocation... not sure what that's about. If I was to try to get the Mud Grappler design again, I'd definitely go for the MST version.
I've gone back and forth with this. I may try and pick up a set as stage wheels and tires for pictures and what not, but when i'm actually running it, I'll have to go with something more performance oriented and tried and true, I have another set of 4.75 MTRs on the way for it on a set of machetes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Oh, man! I'm liking the looks of that 1:1 pic!

This looks like it's going to be a sweet build!

Subscribed!
appreciate it, unfortunately my threads are less build and more before and after haha, I don't have the attention span to remember to take pics of things in the middle.

Dukes Enduro - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dukes OG scx10 and its many faces DukeMinnix Axial SCX-10 0 02-11-2019 11:33 AM
Dukes PimpinRocks 56 Ford Truggy DukeMinnix 1.9 Scale Rigs 7 01-31-2018 09:50 PM
Dukes of Hazzard question EeePee Chit Chat 13 08-30-2005 03:53 PM
The Dukes of Holland JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 7 12-31-2004 08:37 PM