RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/element-rc-1-10-enduro-trail-truck-sendero/)
-   -   OTR sendero build -/ why are the ad ft foams so stiff? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/element-rc-1-10-enduro-trail-truck-sendero/611479-otr-sendero-build-why-ad-ft-foams-so-stiff.html)

OTRocks 09-03-2019 06:49 PM

OTR sendero build -/ why are the ad ft foams so stiff?

4 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody, just decided to post up regarding my sendero build... like evreybody else here. So far have club 5 servo mount brass ball's, brass 8mm hexes, servo skid. Castle sv4, holmes devolver, 15t pinion. Hitec 7954sh, ccbec, ae brass hubs, hard shock towers, ft foams and vented the stock tires. Locked up rc rtr servo winch.Attachment 383425

Attachment 383426

Attachment 383427

Attachment 383428

OTRocks 09-03-2019 06:57 PM

Re: OTR sendero build -/ why are the ad ft foams so stiff?

So far this is great! Find the ft foams seem really stiff but only got them in today so haven't gotten to do more than 5 minutes of driving yet. Servo mount from club 5 is fantastic! Note on the club 5 hexes they fit the stock plastic hubs so snug I had to push them out of the wheel with a rod. Also the fit is a bit looser/ more play on the shaft than original from ae.

Any one here with experience running these foams?

Shinchu 09-03-2019 10:45 PM

Nice build!
Gotta get me that rear cage... Totally changes tje look of tje truck.

OTRocks 09-05-2019 06:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 383485

Attachment 383486

Attachment 383487

Attachment 383488

Attachment 383489Got to try this out a bit more with the new foams tonight, and honestly they are an improvement over the softer original foams much to my surprise they seem to work fantastically. Will put them side by side with some pit bull mad beasts when they arrive next week. Might try the rock beasts off of my tf2 just to see. Also point of mention the vanquish servo arm.. officially my favorite shown with the aluminum servo arm included with the 7954sh for reference.

OTRocks 09-10-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbyjumper (Post 5961290)
Question: What's the advantage of the aftermarket servo tray/problem with the stock one?

For me the benefits of the change are stiffer chassis and less flex of the servo mount for more precise steering. Also additional weight up front which I prefer personally.

GrimmTheTourist 09-11-2019 08:19 AM

It is definitly not necessary. I don't have it and I don't miss it. Even with the servo winch the stock is fine.

Still a nice upgrade!

OTRocks 09-11-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbyjumper (Post 5961537)
Thanks. Would you classify that as nice to have upgrade or a necessary fix?

I am in agreement with Above
Its a nice to have not a must have. Really wanted to try the club5 products to see how they were for quality. I'd say fairly decent so far. Edited to say I do see a difference but very small and mostly in general frame stiffness.