Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Element 4Runner Progress

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2019, 01:27 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Element 4Runner Progress

I wanted to post up some of my progress on the Element. Between all the Crawlers, this one puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. Little nose heavy for descending but easily corrected with the Protek LIHV Shorty. Waiting on some SSD Weights too

With the 100mm Shocks, Shims were needed to keep the proper angle as well as shims on Panhard & Steering horn or else there was a little bind in travel. Very little bump steer and man that usable travel is insane on this truck

Reedy Radon 2 16T
Hobbywing 1080 ESC
Castle Creations BEC 2.0 WP
ProTek RC370TBL
100mm King Shocks
Proline 4runner Body
Black & Bronze Beadlocks
Flat Iron XL Tires
Shock Mount Relocation
6mm offset Hex's

Other than some weights in the 4 corners, I would like to swap out the driveshafts with maybe some of the Samix ones to see if i can get rid of that click noise from the OEM drive shaft. Little clip you can hear it. Grease helps keep it quiet but overall nothing is binding so must be just rusted to shit somehow

https://imgur.com/wHqtZKL

Overall very pleased with the truck, it climbs and steers very well. Almost addicting to steer that sharp - hate going back to any other truck now. Stock plastic everything does me very well but I do slow crawling, never any speed bashing. 30 packs of batteries ran thru the stock driveline so far and its been bulletproof. Panhard mount flex is a bit much for my tolerance but I will review that for future and not detrimental to performance at all

Last edited by LetsBash; 09-25-2019 at 01:33 AM.
LetsBash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2019, 07:08 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Element 4Runner Progress

Looks great, especially with the 4Runner body.
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:54 AM   #3

I love that body! Looks good on your Enduro!!
braytonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:38 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I really like the looks of that body on there.
I "bought" one for my 3 year old, and wasn't sure how the 4 runner body would look/fit on one.
i have heard great things from this platform so looking forward to teaching my son how to drive with it.
bugz2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:53 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thank you guys! Its been hands down one of my favorite platforms matched perfectly with a good body. The original body I still greatly love. Might end up with a Kit version that ill run the original body on

Has anyone reversed their Transmission on the Enduro? I really want to lower the tranny mount so I am gonna shave away, but gonna do a quick reverse test.

*Edit*

Well I reversed it and reversed the motor wires. Wow now she drives buttery smooth again. I always thought it was drive line binding from the 100mm shocks but def not

Im going to open up the transmission and check out the internals. Not sure why reversing made a world of a difference here

Last edited by LetsBash; 10-04-2019 at 08:13 PM.
LetsBash is offline   Reply With Quote

Element 4Runner Progress - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Element of Survival Hunter711 U4RC 0 05-08-2014 07:48 PM
work in progress very,very slow progress! rednekcrwlr Tamiya Clod Buster 6 12-18-2006 09:48 PM