Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Jerky front unis & torque twist remedies?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2019, 06:02 AM   #1

Question Jerky front unis & torque twist remedies?

Hi there folks,

My first crawler and I immediately noticed the drivetrain jerkiness when steering left/right while not even close to full lock. I'm guessing it's the stock universals so is there an upgrade out?

Another thing is the torque twist which is very noticeable on a steep & high grip ascent. Front left tire lifts from the surface which isn't optimal. I have the hard parts to stiffen the chassis, steel wheels, brass hexes and lower battery tray. Does adding a (heavy) front bumper with servo winch make all the difference?

Regards from Finland
elementti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2019, 07:08 AM   #2

Default Re: Jerky front unis & torque twist remedies?

In regards to the jerky Universal's a trick a few of us have done is to take out the bearing on the outside of the axle housing, as a reference I'll show where in an axial housing below, since my axle is together.

As for the torque twist, there is a ton of ways to cure it, and everyone's version usually leads to an argument. Fortunately for you most these scalers are identical in that way, so look around on the website, there are tons of articles on torque twist.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
Vegas_crawlerTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:05 AM   #3

I plan to keep all bearings in place so I ordered the SSD alternatives.

Did some diggin around and found that the kit already has the grey springs which RTR owners tend to use in the rear. Making the rear suspension more stiffer doesn't appeal to me.
The most effective way seems to be adding a sway bar in the rear?
Old 10-22-2019, 07:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementti View Post
I plan to keep all bearings in place so I ordered the SSD alternatives.

Did some diggin around and found that the kit already has the grey springs which RTR owners tend to use in the rear. Making the rear suspension more stiffer doesn't appeal to me.
The most effective way seems to be adding a sway bar in the rear?
Well, good luck. There's a reason why they run stiffer in the back, it's not just for torque twist.

And the bearing isn't needed. Look inside the end of a front axle on a 1:1 rig it floats in there for a reason.

Lastly. If you ask for help then shoot it down just to do it your way, you shouldn't be asking for help.

Best of luck to you.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
Vegas_crawlerTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:23 AM   #5

I wasn't expecting missing bearings, that's all.

The rear on this kit is so light that I'm thinking stiffer springs/oil would hurt offroad capabilities?
Old 10-22-2019, 12:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementti View Post
I wasn't expecting missing bearings, that's all.

The rear on this kit is so light that I'm thinking stiffer springs/oil would hurt offroad capabilities?
Depends on what you mean by "offroad capabilities". If you want to run at 20mph through the rocks, then yeah, it'll probably hurt performance. If you're going at crawling speeds and you want the rear end to remain stable during weight transfer and not compress on steep hills, then the stiffer springs/oil will help.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:23 AM   #7

Ssd axles didn't help, removing the inner nor outer bearings was of no use concerning the jerkiness.

Sell this shit & get Capra or is there a solution?

By the way, the Samix 8mm hexes are not ideal at the front because when you tighten the wheel nut they tighten too against the outer bearing..

Last edited by elementti; 11-09-2019 at 04:26 AM.

Jerky front unis & torque twist remedies? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front axle angled down causes torque twist? devuser Axial SCX-10 12 09-14-2016 06:07 AM
Torque twist 63comet Axial RR10 Bomber 54 07-22-2016 01:25 PM
ECX Temper Torque Twist Mod - Reduce torque twist driftomaniacs Scale Videos! 0 05-14-2016 04:39 PM
right front tire lift(torque twist) rockerrc Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 12-20-2009 08:39 PM
Torque steer - Causes & remedies crawler4real General Crawlers 2 09-06-2007 09:12 PM