Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: New guy building Enduro Kit - introduction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2019, 12:35 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New guy building Enduro Kit - introduction

Just wait until you experience what modern lipo batteries can do for you, make nica batteries seem like a rubber band wind up motor.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2019, 07:23 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Hey Lincoln, Nope, I'm in a little town in Oregon. I retired from the Forest Service here.

I'll make you the same offer, Shipping! Some of the guys I sent them to had to play with them a little to fine tune the fit. And...… some didn't.
Ernie
I've not spent much time on this forum but already know I need to study your work; really great stuff.

Last night I started the chassis, shocks are the only item left to complete.
Radio should arrive today. I am picking up a Servo, battery, charger, and speed controller at a local shop today.

I could have ordered the battery, charger, speed controller, and servo when I ordered the radio but, I also feel a duty to support the local shops when economically feasable. After all, these are the folks educating me on the cars, the clubs, and hopefully, supply "that part" I need when I need it instead of waiting for postal service.

Am I an oddity in this regard? It appears MAP (Minimum Advertised Prices) has help level the playing field for brick and mortor stores.

My math is, if it is under $100 and they local shop is within 10% of online price, buy locally if it is available.

Off my soab box.

I already know I want to make some parts, replace some parts, and once I have decided on a body the games will begin!

I would be honored to score one of those panhard mounts; it was on my list of things to make, mainly because I saw them here and thought it was extremely cool.

Items on my list of things to eventually do/modify/make are:
- make f&R bumpers
- make sliders
- add weight to the axles
- metal ball joints
- general mayhem
iH8usrnames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
GR8usrname!
The origin is AOL chat about 20 years ago.

When selecting a username I had tried about 20 variations of my name, or hobby, or combinations of them, quite irritated typed in "iH8usrnames" and it worked. Been using it everywhere ever since.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:51 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Totally agree with LHS and LB(ike)S purchases. Plus, those are my crazy brother and sister nerds in there and we gotta visit them and bring them nice things to drink. Sucks that they’re down the 10 and the 91 from me...so much traffics.

Thanks, Ernie! Sent that to you a bit ago...and here’s a warm hello from The San Bernardino:

Last edited by LincolnofDeath; 11-24-2019 at 03:05 PM.
LincolnofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 09:31 AM   #25

Kit is completely assembled, on wheels, and driveable - no body, however.

Am I the only person disappointed in some of the slop in this drivetrain?
Issues:
- Slop in F & R axles (slide in an out).
- The holes in the ball ends are much larger than the hardware holding them in place, thus sloppy.
- The rod ends flop around on the balls.

As a result the front and rear axle assemblies have a ton a slop.

Share tree fixes:
1. Removed the shoulders on the wheel hexes allowing them to seat further down on the pin. This worked well on the front axles but the rear needed more help.
2. Made two thin spaces to fit between the bearing and drive pin on the rear axles, this in addition to the wheel hexes, made a significant improvement.
3. I used plumbers teflon tape to clear some of the slop on the ball joints.
- wrap a couple layers on the balls then install in rod ends.
- roll a bit of it between my fingers then slide into the hole of the ball joint prior to installation; this will take up some of the space between it and the screws holding it in place.

I have not applied these fixes to all the joints but I have noticed an improvement already.
Will this make an appreciable performance improvement? I have no idea, but I cannot stand sloppy mechanical devices; so its a mental improvement for me.

Lastly, if I trim it to drive perfectly straight while going forward it will slightly turn when reversing. I have not applied teflon tape to the steering linkage yet, but hope it will help this tool.

I imagine nothing I've said here is "news" and some of these issues are resolved with metal balls? Until I have that answer, teflon tape to the rescue!
Old 11-29-2019, 09:47 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

I sent you a PM about your package.
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:10 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
I sent you a PM about your package.
Ernie
I replied a couple days ago; did you see that?

New guy building Enduro Kit - introduction - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enduro Kit, Jim HumboldtEF Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 100 01-01-2021 12:01 PM
New guy introduction and reversing bumper mounts LincolnofDeath Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 10 10-30-2019 11:36 AM
UK New Guy Introduction Drift Modellista Newbie General 9 11-26-2012 10:29 AM
Just another new GUY introduction . 64suicd Newbie General 8 02-07-2012 09:57 AM
New guy introduction Decimati Axial SCX-10 7 07-02-2009 05:27 PM