Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: New guy building Enduro Kit - introduction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2019, 03:41 PM   #1

Default New guy building Enduro Kit - introduction

I have not owned an RC car for more than 30 years; discovering scale RC crawling caught my attention and now, my wallet.

I was shocked at the changes in RC over 30 years - kits seem rare these days - kits and building was the best part, for me. I've jumped in feet first with the Enduro Kit.

So far I have the kit, a brushed motor, 12t pinion, locktite (blue), and tools. Clearly, I have a long ways to go and and lot to learn.

Aside from learning what grease I need for the transmission and diffs, locating a set of RTR castoff wheels and tires is high on my list of desires. No desire to invest in wheels until I know what body I will run - have not even made that decision, yet.
iH8usrnames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2019, 04:07 PM   #2
Formerly Pant Danza

Default Re: New guy building Enduro Kit - introduction

Welcome and congrats on the new kit!
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #3
Ground Pounder

Welcome and lol, what did you build last in 1989? My last build before this summer was The Frog in 1986 and let just say YOU ARE GONNA LOVE modern batteries! That and how you donít have to save six weeks to afford AA batteries now as an adult.

I think you bought a really cool and capable tiny truck, and the OD front is a great mechanical advantage. $16-25 can get you pretty dang nice TRX4 take-offs. Thatís if you still donít have any wheels or tires to throw onó-their fitment is fine on the takeoff rims and probably come glued but read for that in the EBay description. I guess I should put a photo here with them on to give you a frame of reference...then you could go as big or as cheap as you wanted later, but thatíd give you a chance to go out and tear it up in the meantime. I should have threaded the shock collar down here to lower the COG but didnít get around to it yet.

We all probably agree that those bumpers donít work so well, too. Lots of options from cheap to less cheap. Pictured here is front Vanquish front tucked up nicely
Have fun with your new addiction ; )
Attached Images

LincolnofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:18 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Default New guy building Enduro Kit - introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnofDeath View Post
Welcome and lol, what did you build last in 1989? My last build before this summer was The Frog in 1986 and let just say YOU ARE GONNA LOVE modern batteries! That and how you donít have to save six weeks to afford AA batteries now as an adult.

I think you bought a really cool and capable tiny truck, and the OD front is a great mechanical advantage. $16-25 can get you pretty dang nice TRX4 take-offs. Thatís if you still donít have any wheels or tires to throw onó-their fitment is fine on the takeoff rims and probably come glued but read for that in the EBay description. I guess I should put a photo here with them on to give you a frame of reference...then you could go as big or as cheap as you wanted later, but thatíd give you a chance to go out and tear it up in the meantime. I should have threaded the shock collar down here to lower the COG but didnít get around to it yet.

We all probably agree that those bumpers donít work so well, too. Lots of options from cheap to less cheap. Pictured here is front Vanquish front tucked up nicely

Have fun with your new addiction ; )

Nice! I have the Vanquish set on my TRX4. I love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aqualungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:20 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iH8usrnames View Post
I have not owned an RC car for more than 30 years; discovering scale RC crawling caught my attention and now, my wallet.

I was shocked at the changes in RC over 30 years - kits seem rare these days - kits and building was the best part, for me. I've jumped in feet first with the Enduro Kit.

So far I have the kit, a brushed motor, 12t pinion, locktite (blue), and tools. Clearly, I have a long ways to go and and lot to learn.

Aside from learning what grease I need for the transmission and diffs, locating a set of RTR castoff wheels and tires is high on my list of desires. No desire to invest in wheels until I know what body I will run - have not even made that decision, yet.

Welcome!! I had a generic version of a Turbo Hopper. It broke quick.
I came back to the hobby in 2017 with a Stampede 4x4. Building a 2wd Slash, that was put on hold for a Trx4 Sport build. Crawling is so much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aqualungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Welcome and lol, what did you build last in 1989?
More like 1986. I had a Grasshopper and some kind of Audi Quattro.

Quote:
I think you bought a really cool and capable tiny truck, and the OD front is a great mechanical advantage. $16-25 can get you pretty dang nice TRX4 take-offs.
I plan on 12% OD.
I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING aside from what I listed above.

Quote:
We all probably agree that those bumpers donít work so well, too. Lots of options from cheap to less cheap.
I might make some from brass or copper tubing if I can fund a good source and it appears proper scale. The main reason I got this is the desire to dive deep into scale detail while trying to make most of the bits myself without a 3d printer - see if I can make that happen.

Crawling is the opposite of everything I did not like about RC back then - cars doing a scale speed of 200mph, jumping a scale height of 5 stories - totally ridiculous.

I might have a line on a set of wheels, not sure yet. They would be off a The TRX Land Rover.
iH8usrnames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM   #7
Ground Pounder

@Aqualungsó- That bumper looks dope on your sport. Itís making me think I want to do ONE MORE BODY on my Bronco and just go for max clearance on all four corners.

@H8Usernamesó-what are you gonna do for a body, still looking? Iíll be curious and watching to see what you choose for the rest of your build. If you learn things about building with brass and copper youíll have me watching reeeeely close. Youíve maybe seen Codyboyís stuff as examples of serious ďcan-doĒ attitude? Antigacho did first time brazing in his apartment last month and posted a bunch in that regard, just in case you need a place to jump in.
LincolnofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote

New guy building Enduro Kit - introduction - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New guy introduction and reversing bumper mounts LincolnofDeath Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 10 10-30-2019 12:36 PM
Enduro Kit, Jim HumboldtEF Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 86 09-12-2019 09:10 PM
UK New Guy Introduction Drift Modellista Newbie General 9 11-26-2012 11:29 AM
Just another new GUY introduction . 64suicd Newbie General 8 02-07-2012 10:57 AM
New guy introduction Decimati Axial SCX-10 7 07-02-2009 06:27 PM