Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: KHthe8th's first ever crawler - Element Enduro!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2020, 10:57 PM   #1

Default KHthe8th's first ever crawler - Element Enduro!

Picked up my first crawler earlier this week off FB marketplace and am pretty pleased so far, done a few changes already. It has a mamba X esc, castle sensored brushless motor, a number of upgrade samix aluminum parts (servo re-locator, titanium steering link set and links, metal front diff cover), and pit bull rock beast tires.

Went out for my first crawl this afternoon

Last edited by KHthe8th; 08-19-2020 at 03:01 PM.
KHthe8th is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2020, 11:11 PM   #2

Default Re: KHthe8th's first ever crawler - Element Enduro!

Have been having more fun making tweaks on my first crawler than actually running it so far.

Got new tire foams as they just had the stock ones in them, went with CI dual stage Lil Novas (soft front, medium rear).

Re-arranged the front end and battery holder to get the battery to sit lower, and also added the SSD brass rear axle weights.

Then finally today I installed and wired up a brand new wireless winch, had to make a small cutout in the front bumper for it to fit but it went together well. Just realizing I forgot to add the WARN and other stickers that came with it.

Next on the list is to hunt for a new body. Or maybe just a new cab and I'll re-use this rear cage.
Old 08-30-2020, 02:06 AM   #3
Go Buckeyes!

Congrats on getting your first Enduro!

Looks great and came with some nice upgrades. Chassis looks to be in great shape compared to the rough looking body! I actually kinda like the looks of the body the way it sits, but a new body would look great with the rear cage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 04:07 AM   #4

Really love that scruffy looking body. I would not change it to another
BrickBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 10:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Congrats on getting your first Enduro!

Looks great and came with some nice upgrades. Chassis looks to be in great shape compared to the rough looking body! I actually kinda like the looks of the body the way it sits, but a new body would look great with the rear cage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! I am very pleased with how many upgrades this came with, considering I was about to pull the trigger on a NIB Trailwalker for almost the same price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickBait View Post
Really love that scruffy looking body. I would not change it to another
Looks like that is 2 votes to keep the body! I very much like the style but there are just so many scuffs and scrapes on it. I'll continue to mull it over, I do like how unique this one is.

It came with a FlySky GT3C radio and 3CH receiver, but earlier this week I found the thread on here about hacking these radios for more channels. I just finished completing the hack yesterday after receiving the STlink Programmer, and have an 8CH receiver showing up in a week or two. Thinking about adding a light bar (was thinking roof rack too but my roof area on this 2 door cab is a bit too small) and some headlights next
Old 09-01-2020, 06:00 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Congrats on your first crawler! The Enduro was my first crawler as well. Trusty and capable rig, still enjoy running it to this day.

I also vote to keep the body....nothing wrong with a well used truck
RCBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:43 AM   #7

Unfortunately been out of commission for a week or so as my front axle inner bearing decided to blow up which caused my ring and pinion gears to eat themselves. The new ones arrived today however and I am back up and running!

I've also got a couple more upgrades arriving soon that I'm excited about, and started creating my very own rock crawler course in my steep backyard (I'm a bit afraid it's going to be too hard)

Pics of the old gears that destroyed each other, tons of teeth got filed down

Old 09-09-2020, 11:37 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I eventually went the old school route in my Enduro and swapped in a set of bronze bushings on the diff pinion (at least the outer). I think I destroyed 3 or 4 sets of gears before I made the "upgrade". I don't know if it's a weak bearing size or what but I've not had any issue since.
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:01 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashlee View Post
I don't know if it's a weak bearing size or what but I've not had any issue since.
That was one of my main complaints about the Enduro axles. Element clearly checked out the market and what other trucks were doing. All that research then went ahead and used the same size pinion bearings that were failing back in the AX10 days.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:56 PM   #10

Quote:
I eventually went the old school route in my Enduro and swapped in a set of bronze bushings on the diff pinion (at least the outer). I think I destroyed 3 or 4 sets of gears before I made the "upgrade". I don't know if it's a weak bearing size or what but I've not had any issue since.
I read a bit about people using bushings instead of bearings on other crawlers but I couldn't seem to find any online in the correct size. Do you have a link for the ones you use? Maybe if I have another fail I will go that route as well.

I was wondering if it was maybe just the stock bearings the Enduro comes with aren't the best quality, so I bought ones that seemed like good quality instead.
Old 09-09-2020, 07:13 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

These might be the best option - check the size vs your pinion bearings:

https://www.lockeduprc.com/5x11x4-Mi...ngs_p_533.html
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
These might be the best option - check the size vs your pinion bearings:

https://www.lockeduprc.com/5x11x4-Mi...ngs_p_533.html
Yea it seemed like they were all 5x11x4, but the bearing is 5x10x4 and fits snugly so I didn't think it would fit with the extra 1mm OD
Old 09-10-2020, 07:53 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHthe8th View Post
I read a bit about people using bushings instead of bearings on other crawlers but I couldn't seem to find any online in the correct size. Do you have a link for the ones you use? Maybe if I have another fail I will go that route as well.

I was wondering if it was maybe just the stock bearings the Enduro comes with aren't the best quality, so I bought ones that seemed like good quality instead.
I bought a set of Redcat bushings that are a 5x10x4, part # 02080. Here is the link to the ebay auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/142627385514
Old 09-10-2020, 08:38 AM   #14

Quote:
I bought a set of Redcat bushings that are a 5x10x4, part # 02080. Here is the link to the ebay auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/142627385514
ah perfect, thanks for that one! If my bearings fail again I will do the same
Old 09-10-2020, 02:32 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

yikes never heard of this failure.
maybe i should order a set of those bushings and extra R+P gears to have on hand for proline? (IF that happens)
i would hate for this rig to go inop at a huge event like that.

glad you are enjoying the enduro! it really is a great truck!
oh and vote #3 to keep the old body!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:05 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I've got an extra ring and pinion for that very reason!
Old 09-26-2020, 09:58 PM   #17

Got tired of the stock skidplate getting hung up on everything so I ordered a 3D printed low profile skidplate from Juggernaut RC on FB and it turned out well. The motor is recessed in it so as to not raise the CG of the crawler

I also tried my hand at some custom inner fenders. Made it out of some plastic and spray painted it black, I think it turned out much better than I expected

I also installed some 3D printed shock mount supports, that are essentially just 3D printed versions of the Club 5 ones Shock Mount Support For ELEMENT Enduro Sendero - Club 5 Racing

I noticed my Samix shock towers had a bit of flex in them if I squeezed them together and these took that flex right out of the truck
Old 10-01-2020, 12:55 PM   #18

Took it on it's first real serious crawl today (before had just been smallish rocks at parks nearby) and it worked so well. Had to drive 2.5hrs to get here but man was it worth it, I've never seen such huge boulders before.

A few 10sec crawl videos as well

https://streamable.com/zvgh5d

https://streamable.com/6ha3fr

https://streamable.com/rt6r1z
Old 03-03-2021, 03:59 PM   #19

Been a bit since the last update, but got a 3D printer and have been very busy with it! Printed a body, interior, and a ton of accessories.

Tags
crawling, enduro

KHthe8th's first ever crawler - Element Enduro! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Element Enduro 24 Phyro Micro Scale Rigs 12 08-19-2020 10:23 AM
Element Enduro Senduro 1/24 Crawler Showed up LetsBash Micro Scale Rigs 4 08-16-2020 12:15 PM