Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Sendero vs trail walker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2019, 11:40 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Sendero vs trail walker

I’m was looking at the Sendero but my local hobby shop is out. They stated the Trailwalker is the same chassis’s as the kit and same as the Sendero but uses a different body and 1.55 tires but I can install 1.9 thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeeptec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2019, 02:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Sendero vs trail walker

As I mentioned in your other thread, the bumpers are much better on the Trailwalker...

You can also get a SUV-style cap for the bed for it, makes it look even better.

I'd say you need to decide between RTR and building the kit.

I have an RTR Sendero that I have thrown some different bumpers, steelies and different tires as well as a DS3218 Pro servo (less than $20) on, works great.

Stock electronics other than the servo are better than what is usually included, it is a 3 channel radio - and the RTR comes with lights.

There's nothing wrong with the included tires on either rig, I just happened to have another set I wanted to try out.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:49 PM   #3

I know this might be late. I bought the Trailwalker and am enjoying the 1.55 tire size. Having a truck different from my others makes my play locations more interesting. Now im thinking of converting another truck to 2.2 .
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:51 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush View Post
I know this might be late. I bought the Trailwalker and am enjoying the 1.55 tire size. Having a truck different from my others makes my play locations more interesting. Now im thinking of converting another truck to 2.2 .

I really like my Trailwalker. I did put 1.9 Hyrax tires on it and another body. It wheels fantastic.

Old 01-06-2020, 05:10 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I got a Trailwalker over the weekend. I switched it over to a Proline Raptor body and Class 1 Hyraxes for a few runs just to see if I could. However, I changed it back to the stock tires and body once I saw pictures on the Element Facebook site of what it looks like with a cap installed. I decided that that's the direction I want to take and see the small tires as a challenge.

Heads up about the 1.9 wheel options - a few of my wheels rubbed the steering block arms.
colbynobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:43 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptec View Post
I really like my Trailwalker. I did put 1.9 Hyrax tires on it and another body. It wheels fantastic.

So you turned it in to a Sendero?

jason02ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 02:55 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason02ws6 View Post

Pretty much yes.

Old 01-10-2020, 04:36 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason02ws6 View Post
While we're on the subject of people morphing their Trailwalkers into Senderos....

Old 01-10-2020, 05:06 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbynobo View Post
While we're on the subject of people morphing their Trailwalkers into Senderos....

Ok what tires are those? What rear bumper?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2020, 05:17 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tires look like pitbull rock beasts. Fantastic tire IMO. Used to run them in my scx10ii

jason02ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:51 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yup, as just stated, the tires are the Pitbull Rockbeasts in the 4.45" size. I think the rear bumper is the stock one from the Axial Cherokee - part AX31393. The tires do rub a fair amount on the fenders as I haven't made the necessary trims just yet. I want to run it once or twice more just to make certain this is my final decision. I've been flipping around a lot between the Boom Racing Hustler 4.45" tires and Proline K02s.

As much as I liked the idea of running the stock 1.55" wheels and tires, I just had too many issues getting hung up on the rocks in my backyard.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Yup, as just stated, the tires are the Pitbull Rockbeasts in the 4.45" size. I think the rear bumper is the stock one from the Axial Cherokee - part AX31393. The tires do rub a fair amount on the fenders as I haven't made the necessary trims just yet. I want to run it once or twice more just to make certain this is my final decision. I've been flipping around a lot between the Boom Racing Hustler 4.45" tires and Proline K02s.

As much as I liked the idea of running the stock 1.55" wheels and tires, I just had too many issues getting hung up on the rocks in my backyard.

I’d love to hear an update on this. The price of the Trailwalker dropped to $299, so I’m thinking of picking one up. Curious about the 1.9 tire options with the stock body, or if the 1.55s have enough performance to be fun. This would be my very first truck for what it’s worth.

Wisceaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:28 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisceaux View Post
I’d love to hear an update on this. The price of the Trailwalker dropped to $299, so I’m thinking of picking one up. Curious about the 1.9 tire options with the stock body, or if the 1.55s have enough performance to be fun. This would be my very first truck for what it’s worth.

I'll let you in on a well-known (to some) secret...

Running "tiny tires" can be tons of fun!

My first actually running crawler was an Ascender, the Chevy K10 truggy with 4.6" tall factory tires on 1.9" plastic glue-on RTR wheels.

After I had it for a couple months, I swapped on a new set of 1.7" aluminum beadlocks with 1.7" RC4WD Goodyear MT/R tires in the 4.19" height.

It made it a little harder to climb certain obstacles, sure - but the whole idea of that is that you just look at it as a challenge and become a better driver.

Some upgrades to the truck were made, too - and now it's pretty damn capable, even on those smaller treads!

I now have several crawlers, and I have a couple sets of wheels and tires for each one just to occasionally swap them around and keep things interesting.

My next challenging truck will be my TRX-4 Defender with the tires dropping down to 4.19" and quite a bit skinnier tread than stock, too...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:51 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Curious about the 1.9 tire options with the stock body, or if the 1.55s have enough performance to be fun. This would be my very first truck for what it’s worth.

As much as I really wanted to use the stock 1.55" setup or a set of Pitbull Growler 1.55"s I had laying around, I just kept having issues getting the axles hung up in the main place I run in my backyard. I'll probably find some place to run them eventually, but for now I'll probably lean more towards either the 4.45" Rockbeasts or the set of Axial Trepador 4.6" tires I just purchased last weekend. I've also attached a photo of what my Trailfinder looks like with Proline SuperSwampers in the 4.3" size.

Rockbeast

Trepador

Smaller SuperSwamper
Old 01-16-2020, 11:56 AM   #15

Quote:
As much as I really wanted to use the stock 1.55" setup or a set of Pitbull Growler 1.55"s I had laying around, I just kept having issues getting the axles hung up in the main place I run in my backyard. I'll probably find some place to run them eventually, but for now I'll probably lean more towards either the 4.45" Rockbeasts or the set of Axial Trepador 4.6" tires I just purchased last weekend. I've also attached a photo of what my Trailfinder looks like with Proline SuperSwampers in the 4.3" size.

Rockbeast

Trepador

Smaller SuperSwamper

Thanks for this! Is performance noticeably hindered by any running any of those? Like rubbing so much that the tires bind up or something? I know the Sendero is a noisy truck, with regard to wheels rubbing fenders, curious how this is.
Wisceaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:05 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Smaller SuperSwamper
I'm not usually the picture quoting type but this setup looks perfect.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 05:25 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I'm not usually the picture quoting type but this setup looks perfect.
Agreed!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 05:52 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Is performance noticeably hindered by any running any of those? Like rubbing so much that the tires bind up or something?
I had made an attempt to use some Axial beadlocks and older Proline beadlocks (the ones with 32 screws a wheel), but discovered that the inner ring rubbed up against the steering knuckle arm. Now that I've switched to newer (6 screw) Proline wheels or Enduro Method 1.9s I don't have this issue. I had to trim the wheel wells since all of the tire options I'm opting for now are bigger than the stock 1.55s.

I agree that the 4.3" SuperSwampers are the best at keeping to the original spirit of the Trailwalker body. Since those tires do well in the terrain I frequently run in, I'll probably put them back on. I just need to get another set of Element wheels for them.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:58 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
I had made an attempt to use some Axial beadlocks and older Proline beadlocks (the ones with 32 screws a wheel), but discovered that the inner ring rubbed up against the steering knuckle arm. Now that I've switched to newer (6 screw) Proline wheels or Enduro Method 1.9s I don't have this issue. I had to trim the wheel wells since all of the tire options I'm opting for now are bigger than the stock 1.55s.

I agree that the 4.3" SuperSwampers are the best at keeping to the original spirit of the Trailwalker body. Since those tires do well in the terrain I frequently run in, I'll probably put them back on. I just need to get another set of Element wheels for them.
Why not go with a set of SSD 1.9 steel or aluminum beadlocks. You can get a complete set for less than $60

MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:15 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
Why not go with a set of SSD 1.9 steel or aluminum beadlocks. You can get a complete set for less than $60

Strangely enough, I haven't tried mounting my SSDs to it yet to see if they have clearance issues. I'll give it a shot tonight.

Sendero vs trail walker - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR COMBOS in 2s Lipo & 3s Lipo- In Stock!! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-26-2019 12:20 PM
Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR - Now In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-24-2019 05:03 PM
Pre-Order Now - Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-20-2019 10:11 AM
Walker Ranch Trail Run Part 2 Slickrock450 Scale Videos! 0 03-30-2009 09:54 PM
Walker Ranch Trail Run Slickrock450 Scale Videos! 6 03-07-2009 10:06 PM