Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: anti sway bar?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2020, 03:53 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default anti sway bar?

Has anyone out there figured out a rear anti sway bar setup? Looking to control a bit of chassis sway while side hill-ing and climbing. Something some what scale would be nice. I looked at using the setup from my bomber but that bar is way to big.

I do like that the bar is solid and the arms slide over the bent piece of wire versus the HR bar that uses bolt on arms. I've had them come loose even with lock tight.
terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2020, 08:22 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: anti sway bar?

Messed around with a couple stock bars from the AE SC10 4x4 I had laying around. I wanted it mostly bolt on with minimal modification since i wasn't sure how well it would work on the trails. I came up with this.

Last edited by terrible; 01-03-2020 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:56 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Looks good. I’m very curious to hear your thoughts on how it performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jason02ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 06:35 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

This seems pretty genius. Hows it working out?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:00 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
This seems pretty genius. Hows it working out?

Great! So much so that I put one on my jeep-bodied element as well. It really helps with the heavy plastic body roll.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:18 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I had issues with my Enduro climbing and side hilling. This is what I did to help. I was so frustrated with its perfromance compare to my other RCs I gave up on it for a while.

The issues I had were torque twist which when you gave it a little juice to go up the rear right would seem to dig in and the front left would get light.

If this is your problem rotate your rear pinion up a bit. I read this in an article about drag racing 1:1 and torque twist. It also works on RCs. Then add some preload to the rear right spring more so than the other spring.

Another thing that will help keep the front down is angle your rear shocks a bit towards the center.

Overdrive will work like magic.

If you are having torque twist issues this could help with your side hilling also. But too much overdrive may work against you hear.

I am not saying don't try the sway bar, these are just things I did to help my Enduro do better.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:35 AM   #7
Slow is the new Fast

Nicely done, it’s tidy looking and sounds to be effective.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 06:00 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Reefs makes a sway bar that will fit. You can also buy one on Amazon that's very similar, but the wire gauge is a little too thick. You can do what i did and buy some slightly thinner piano wire and make your own if it's too thick. Here's a link to my IG page where I have the anti-roll bar installed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDQEyioj..._web_copy_link
OGmicromonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 06:04 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
I had issues with my Enduro climbing and side hilling. This is what I did to help. I was so frustrated with its perfromance compare to my other RCs I gave up on it for a while.

The issues I had were torque twist which when you gave it a little juice to go up the rear right would seem to dig in and the front left would get light.

If this is your problem rotate your rear pinion up a bit. I read this in an article about drag racing 1:1 and torque twist. It also works on RCs. Then add some preload to the rear right spring more so than the other spring.

Another thing that will help keep the front down is angle your rear shocks a bit towards the center.

Overdrive will work like magic.

If you are having torque twist issues this could help with your side hilling also. But too much overdrive may work against you hear.

I am not saying don't try the sway bar, these are just things I did to help my Enduro do better.
Are you sure something wasn't binding up? I've never experience torque twist like you describe on mine. Even before installing anti-roll bars. I've driven on extremely high-bite rocks too.
OGmicromonster is offline   Reply With Quote

anti sway bar? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anti sway bar? terrible Axial RR10 Bomber 2 12-24-2015 10:36 AM
Ascender Sway Bar (Anti-Torque Twist) stillsmokin875 Vaterra Ascender 11 09-20-2015 02:18 AM
panhard/ anti-sway bar work together? terrible Axial Wraith 5 01-22-2014 09:25 AM
wroncho sway/anti roll bar help steveo 561 Axial SCX-10 7 12-14-2012 04:05 PM
Anti-sway bar mitchr97 Axial SCX-10 18 08-05-2012 11:11 PM