RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/element-rc-1-10-enduro-trail-truck-sendero/)
-   -   Stealth Trans DIG (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/element-rc-1-10-enduro-trail-truck-sendero/614387-stealth-trans-dig.html)

nedmo 01-02-2020 05:56 PM

Stealth Trans DIG

Hey

Interested to know if anyone has attempted an axial 3 gear DIG (hurtz, axial, HR) adaption to the Stealth trans.

Would make for an amazing C3 trans setup with OD and DIG.

If not, maybe something I tackle this year.

Xx Losungen xX 01-02-2020 06:51 PM

Re: Stealth Trans DIG

It wouldn't be really any different then an Axial setup with DIG and OD I don't think.

nedmo 01-02-2020 09:37 PM

The difference being able to use Ar44 gear sets for higher diff clearance, but still have get decent OD.

Xx Losungen xX 01-02-2020 09:40 PM

You can OD the ar44 though is my point. Use an Axial trans with the dig unit, done.

nedmo 01-03-2020 01:05 AM

Only a paltry 6.7% which barely even noticable.

Xx Losungen xX 01-03-2020 02:12 AM

It's 10%, I guess if you need that extra 1.83% from the stealth trans then go through all the hassle, now that "paltry" difference I doubt you'll notice [emoji23]

lilws6 01-03-2020 04:58 PM

Or you use the stealth trans and ar44’s and get even more overdrive...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xx Losungen xX 01-03-2020 05:03 PM

...and negate the DIG, which is the other half of the wish list.

That amount of overdrive would probably render it unusable.

lilws6 01-06-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx Losungen xX (Post 5987803)
...and negate the DIG, which is the other half of the wish list.

That amount of overdrive would probably render it unusable.

The small gain of overdrive ar44 in the front with the stealth trans I doubt would make it unusable. Toyzuki’s have a serious overdrive and those trucks are not unusable.

Xx Losungen xX 01-06-2020 08:36 PM

Both gear sets would be a compound addition, not be linear.

I guess unusable would be matter of opinion based on one's own needs and wants, I should have stated such, my bad.

A local runs a cheezburger along with the hot racing overdrive gears, he loves it, I think it looks silly hopping up and down the trail, again, matter of opinion.

lilws6 01-07-2020 05:09 PM

Stealth Trans DIG

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx Losungen xX (Post 5988597)
Both gear sets would be a compound addition, not be linear.

I guess unusable would be matter of opinion based on one's own needs and wants, I should have stated such, my bad.

A local runs a cheezburger along with the hot racing overdrive gears, he loves it, I think it looks silly hopping up and down the trail, again, matter of opinion.

I’ve personally never run anything overdriven until I got my element. Then I got overdrive for my scx10 which I didn’t really notice much difference in. My element is also just a trail truck so I don’t really need an excessive amount of overdrive but In a comp situation I could see it being useful.