Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Element RC Sendero with Portal Axles!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2020, 09:30 PM   #1

Default Element RC Sendero with Portal Axles!

Hey, new here so sorry if this has been done before but I did lots of research myself before taking the plunge and had not seen any. Anywho, this is my Element Sendero with portal axles. I used a KYX Racing portal axle kit designed for the SCX10 ii. The fronts go on really easy. They fit like a glove. There are some steering mods I'm going to need to make(I'll update once I figure it out) but it still functions well right now. Biggest drawback is the loss of the BTA steering. The bar sits high enough though that I'm okay with it. The rear is a different story. If you want to re-use the existing rear axles you will have to hack them to size. I was about to do this when I got a better idea. The axle kit was specifically designed for the ar44 axles. So I picked up an ar44 rear axle housing. I also picked up the matching boom racing locked diff ring and pinion kit and the rear differential cover. Now the rear axle went together easy. However, the shock mounts do not line up properly. It will hold well enough you could use it as is but I will be figuring a better solution out there (will update once I fix). Last issue is due to the lift from the portals the rear driveshaft gets a pretty extreme angle. This can cause some binding. I softened the suspension and it helped negate this but I will be working on a better solution(will update). Overall I'm very happy with how it turned out. This thing is a monster now. I can definitely make climbs and take lines I couldn't before but it is a little more top heavy, however, that shouldn't be hard to fix. Let me know what you think!
Attached Images

A-VID526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2020, 10:11 PM   #2

Default Re: Element RC Sendero with Portal Axles!

Nice Rig, love the extra clearance. You need to get high-clearance links such as these ones from Club5

Regarding the driveshaft angle, you can also sand down the transmission case so it sits lower in the chassis and softens the angle. take a look at this thread of @HumboldtEF he explained it in detail how to do it.
shOyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 06:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shOyx View Post
Nice Rig, love the extra clearance. You need to get high-clearance links such as these ones from Club5

Regarding the driveshaft angle, you can also sand down the transmission case so it sits lower in the chassis and softens the angle. take a look at this thread of @HumboldtEF he explained it in detail how to do it.
Thank you! I'm going to pick a set up of those high clearance links. They are exactly what I was going to attempt to make myself at some point in but this saves me some time and frustration haha.
A-VID526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 07:23 AM   #4

I think for the price those are a great deal, they comes with vanquish steel balls and rod ends which are $15-20 if bought separately.
shOyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shOyx View Post

When you put the higher clearance links on do you still put the total length the same as stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chargerfan1619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 04:32 AM   #6

Was there ever any updates to how you addressed some of these issues?
P-Cubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle, element rc, enuro, portal axle, sendero

Element RC Sendero with Portal Axles! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Element RC Sendero Utility Bed - In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 08-02-2019 01:17 PM