Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: SSD C-Hub install

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2020, 09:35 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default SSD C-Hub install

Hey everyone,

My 12-year old son picked out a Enduro builders kit for his ever full-kit build. While he was at it, he talked me into buying him a few upgrades. Side note: He sees how many upgrades I do to my own rigs so he knew I wouldn't say no, .

He's now to the point on building the front axle where he's installing the C-hubs. He has the aluminum SSD units. Here's the problem: This is our first Enduro. With stock parts it says to line up the arrows on the axle housing and the C-hub to get the position right. There is no identifying marks on the SSD C-hubs so I don't know what position the C-hubs need to be in when they slide onto the axle.

Do you guys know? What happens if it's off a spline or two in either direction?

Thanks!
RCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2020, 09:48 AM   #2
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: SSD C-Hub install

First off, congrats on the Enduro! I think he is going to love it!

Here is a pic of my SSD C-Hub on my Enduro. Maybe you can see about where it needs to be positioned. I just made sure that the steering linkage cleared everything behind the axle.

Name:  IMG_4694 (2).jpg
Views: 403
Size:  83.1 KB
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:56 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thanks B-MOW! There’s some people using Enduro’s at a local indoor crawler track we frequent and he’s been impressed with their capabilities.

I think we’re pretty close to your setup. He found a pic on SSD’s site when I was at work last night and thinks that the slot in the c-hub where the bolt tightens should be two splines down from the arrow on the axle. I figure it’s starting point anyway based on your pic and the one on the SSD site.

I took a couple of pics of is axle so you can see what I mean.

**On a side note, how do I reduce the size of these images? I copied the link from my Imagur account like I have in the past but these are just flippin’ huge.**

Last edited by RCTom; 03-28-2020 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Add photos in place of links
Old 03-28-2020, 11:37 AM   #4
Go Buckeyes!

Hey, no problem!

Here is another pic from the back side. If I'm looking at yours correctly, it looks like yours needs to rotate up one notch. But, if your steering linkage is not rubbing on the on the driveshaft, then I would leave it where it is at. On mine, if I rotated it back any further, the steering linkage was rubbing on the driveshaft.

Yeah, them pics are huge! I'm not sure how you would reduce the size of your pics. I do not use Imagur. I bought a star here on RCC and I also use Tapatalk.

Name:  IMG_4902 (2).jpg
Views: 394
Size:  122.1 KB
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 12:02 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

We're working on it now so I'll post up if it rubs on the driveshaft or not in it's current position.

What does purchasing a star do? I have Tapatalk but found it difficult to use. Maybe I need to give it a second chance, lol.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:57 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTom View Post
What does purchasing a star do?
See these options - cheapest is $20 a year and unless you want to become a vendor, it's what is recommended:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/payments.php

It's not required by any means, but I have found that it does make for an easier and more enjoyable forum experience...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 11:39 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
See these options - cheapest is $20 a year and unless you want to become a vendor, it's what is recommended:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/payments.php

It's not required by any means, but I have found that it does make for an easier and more enjoyable forum experience...
Thanks Durok. It took a couple of weeks but I finally got around to getting my star and also back to work on the Enduro. Hopefully we'll get this build wrapped-up this week.

SSD C-Hub install - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SSD 2 Speed Install and Review STANG KILLA SS Axial Yeti 30 07-28-2017 12:38 AM
How do you install Slw hub on axial 8 hole wheel? Bmxreeves Tires and Wheels 10 05-15-2016 07:06 PM
SSD wide diamond axle install instructions? oosel Axial Yeti 4 11-05-2015 06:42 PM
knuckle and c hub install problem chopan84 Newbie General 18 09-24-2014 04:26 PM