Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Dabbler does an Enduro builder's kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2020, 10:34 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Dabbler does an Enduro builder's kit

I purchased a TRX-4 Sport Tan RTR only 5-6 weeks ago, and have other projects to look forward to, so why buy anything else? Shelter-in madness, maybe!

I've considered the Enduro since it came out, and almost bought the Sendero RTR, but decided the upgrades in the kit made it a better deal, especially since I have electronics and a painted body already. I really like the Sendero body + rear cage, and almost got them, but couldn't justify $90. So, I'll plan to use my Pro-Line Silverado + Pro-Line rear cage.

Got started last night, but failed immediately when I destroyed a 10x15x4mm bearing, trying to insert it into the 42027 Short Outdrive. I'll be calling Support today. Oh, wait! They're closed due to COVID-19. Guess I'm out of luck for awhile, unless I dare to take a dremel but to the inside of that outdrive, or find a bearing from another manufacturer that might fit better.

Last edited by johnnyluv; 04-03-2020 at 10:42 AM.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2020, 10:57 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Dabbler does an Enduro builder's kit

I had to use a bullet pulling hammer to tap mine in place. How did you break the outer race like that?!
JDM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:10 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Dabbler does an Enduro builder's kit

It needs to be pressed in, a drill press works perfect, if you hammer it, use a ball peen( ball side on bearing) tap that with a driver handle and it will pop in. It is a pressure fit.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:30 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Dabbler does an Enduro builder's kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM74 View Post
I had to use a bullet pulling hammer to tap mine in place. How did you break the outer race like that?!

It began to tear when I tried to use a pipe wrench to clamp down one side. The rest of it tore apart during the process of removing the bearing (which was harder than getting it in as far as I'd managed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
It needs to be pressed in, a drill press works perfect, if you hammer it, use a ball peen( ball side on bearing) tap that with a driver handle and it will pop in. It is a pressure fit.

I tried using the smooth face of a claw hammer, which didn't work out so well. It just dawned on me that I have an arbor press, stowed away in a box somewhere, unless I got rid of it when we were moving out of our apartment over a year ago. I guess I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it. My father-in-law has a drill press, but that's too far away, and too risky under our current lockdown situation.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote

Dabbler does an Enduro builder's kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Enduro Trail Truck Builder's Kit - In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 07-10-2019 11:27 AM
Pre-Order Now - New Enduro Trail Truck Builder's Kit RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-06-2019 07:06 PM
TRX4 Sport Kit or SCX10II Raw Builder's Kit? westerlycarrot9 General Crawlers 13 05-10-2019 10:34 PM
My Raw Builder's Kit Tralfaz Blecht Axial SCX10 II 18 04-17-2019 07:28 PM
New Gen 8 builder's kit Bob_in az Redcat Crawlers 29 03-02-2019 04:24 AM