Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: ifs Colorado

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default ifs Colorado

This ifs kit has really kicked off in this forum. It works out perfect since I have a Colorado. Though mine is a Z71 but otherwise happy with it so far. My local hobby shop got this in on a trade which I then traded my 2wd slash for the element. They also had an ifs kit in the shop to so it was perfect.

Thankfully they've been doing curbside pickup so here it goes.

When I picked it up a couple of weeks ago.

Building the ifs

Im surprised metal balls aren't included with these. Otherwise it's not bad. Three instructions aren't the greatest. Maybe because I'm so used to ther tamiya stuff.

Even though I took time to do the masking I still had some slight bleed in a couple of spots.

I also painted the black on the outside so it's not so glossy

I'll put the stickers on tomorrow. Was debating on doing the body magnets but I may just use the body posts. Well see.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Dirt Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2020, 11:10 PM   #2

Default Re: ifs Colorado

Nice truck, looks like your paint job came out better than mine.
Zulu Romeo 2 IFS Element Enduro Kit Build
AKayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 04:10 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I have gotten really patient with the painting now. The last 2 bodies I've done came out pretty well.

I was searching proline colorado rc and yours came up. I literally called my hobby shop after seeing your thread and here we are. So basically your colorado build thread was that last push to get this

Old 04-29-2020, 05:36 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Woohoo. Keep the Colorado’s coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 07:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Runner View Post
I have gotten really patient with the painting now. The last 2 bodies I've done came out pretty well.

I was searching proline colorado rc and yours came up. I literally called my hobby shop after seeing your thread and here we are. So basically your colorado build thread was that last push to get this

That's awesome! I probably spent 6 hours on my body and it still came out like that. I've only ever had good results using liquid mask. After getting it out on the rocks and scratching up the body big time having a beater body isn't such a bad thing. Look forward to seeing where you take this build. I've been thinking I may get a set of 1.7 wheels and tires when I re do my body and have a performance setup and a scale setup.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:11 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKayl View Post
That's awesome! I probably spent 6 hours on my body and it still came out like that. I've only ever had good results using liquid mask. After getting it out on the rocks and scratching up the body big time having a beater body isn't such a bad thing. Look forward to seeing where you take this build. I've been thinking I may get a set of 1.7 wheels and tires when I re do my body and have a performance setup and a scale setup.
I spent quite a bit of time on the body. I got a little frustrated when the end results didn't come out exactly as I envisioned lol.

I'll use the enduro body as my beater. I'll try and keep this body looking decent for a little bit.

I'm going with proline 4.19 bfg km3 and some vanquish lookalike beadlocks from Amazon. Hopefully it all comes by Friday. Im pretty excited to see it come together

Old 04-29-2020, 03:29 PM   #7

Quote:
I spent quite a bit of time on the body. I got a little frustrated when the end results didn't come out exactly as I envisioned lol.

I'll use the enduro body as my beater. I'll try and keep this body looking decent for a little bit.

I'm going with proline 4.19 bfg km3 and some vanquish lookalike beadlocks from Amazon. Hopefully it all comes by Friday. Im pretty excited to see it come together

I was pretty frustrated with mine when I started to pull the masking as well. Beating it up helped. I am planning on going with KM3's as well but in 4.75 for the performance set on Vanquish beadlocks. I should be ordering them in about 2 weeks, gotta spread things out so I don't wind up on the couch!
Old 04-29-2020, 04:38 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKayl View Post
I was pretty frustrated with mine when I started to pull the masking as well. Beating it up helped. I am planning on going with KM3's as well but in 4.75 for the performance set on Vanquish beadlocks. I should be ordering them in about 2 weeks, gotta spread things out so I don't wind up on the couch!
Tell me about it. My birthday was last week I bought all this during that time. I already stretched it out

Old 04-30-2020, 08:25 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

This is where it is for now.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:35 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I was wondering how Proline got such big tires on there. Your black-line efforts highlight the fact that they chopped the front door. Hardcore.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:36 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Even looking at my 1:1 Colorado ther letters are also big on the sticker sheet. I wish these lines were better. The wheel wells should be smaller.

Old 04-30-2020, 11:04 AM   #12

I wouldn't say the doors are chopped much at all. It's the fenders...there aren't much left of them. But that's the price you pay for large tires.

I don't understand why scaler body manufacturers don't do something like the select-a-size similar to what cardboard box manufacturers do. Stack some cut lines on the body for different tire sizes. If it's a faint mold line you'll barely see it after the body is painted.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 12:43 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Im going to throw on class 1 size tires. I hope they won't look off. The pic on the proline site has 4.19 tires.

Old 04-30-2020, 01:55 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Im going to throw on class 1 size tires. I hope they won't look off. The pic on the proline site has 4.19 tires.

Here’s one with 4.19s (on 2.2s)

It looks like New Bright did a body with small wheel wells. New Bright box says 1/10 scale, but Ebay ad says 9.5" wheelbase.

Last edited by rkj__; 04-30-2020 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-30-2020, 02:25 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

I saw that pic in Instagram. I thought the tires were larger. It looks good. I have the new bright body that I was going to use on my swb tf2 but I think I'm going to sell it. The wheelbase is 9.5.

Old 04-30-2020, 02:35 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I have the new bright body that I was going to use on my swb tf2 but I think I'm going to sell it. The wheelbase is 9.5.

I've never seen anybody do a hobby-grade build with the New Bright ZR2.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:20 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

It's all done. It's amazing how large the 4.6 tires look next to the class 1 tires.

Before

After

Installed the hard parts as well

Added this between the trans and rear support instead of throwing it in the parts bin. Fit perfect. Chassis is tighter.

Old 05-02-2020, 02:17 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Cool. Let us know how it does out on the trails.

Old 05-02-2020, 07:23 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

It did pretty good on the trail. I think I need softer springs. The ifs springs are pretty stiff. A bit different drive. Falls between my tf2 and trx4. I really like it. The km3s do pretty well too. One thing though, and it may be because of the overdrive gears. It's like it bucks while driving which is strange. I disconnected the drive shaft and the gear boxes move freely. Also the gearbox overdrive gears were installed incorrectly but it is set now. I don't have any binding either. Otherwise is drive very well.

I just have to figure some rock sliders without really raising the body. I really like the stance as it sits.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:44 AM   #20

Quote:
It did pretty good on the trail. I think I need softer springs. The ifs springs are pretty stiff. A bit different drive. Falls between my tf2 and trx4. I really like it. The km3s do pretty well too. One thing though, and it may be because of the overdrive gears. It's like it bucks while driving which is strange. I disconnected the drive shaft and the gear boxes move freely. Also the gearbox overdrive gears were installed incorrectly but it is set now. I don't have any binding either. Otherwise is drive very well.

I just have to figure some rock sliders without really raising the body. I really like the stance as it sits.
Looking good! I noticed that my drive train seems to have just a little bind. I think it is coming from the front diff housing, I noticed during assembly that the pinion was tighter to the ring gear than I would like. I am hoping it will work itself out over time. I have tried some softer springs on the IFS and they didn't seem to work well for me. I also thing after some use the IFS springs have broken in a bit and feel much better than they did out of the box.

ifs Colorado - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IFS- Am I the only one? Greatscott Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 13 03-30-2020 11:27 AM
Central Colorado VS Western Colorado 666 Colorado 132 12-29-2009 12:31 AM