Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Soze's Enduro Trailwalker RTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2020, 07:54 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Soze's Enduro Trailwalker RTR

This is the first run after I installed the Red springs in the front and the Club 5 High Clearance links. The links worked out great, but the Red springs might be too soft. I might just go back to the stock harder front springs. The softer springs look fantastic when just driving over terrain, but on technical climbs, it seemed to allow the skid to bottom out too easily.

It could be the combination of having softer springs and running class 1 sized tires though. If I ran 4.5-4.75 sized tires, the red springs might actually turn out great. This being my class 1 tire sized rig, I'd probably need stiffer springs to prevent bottoming out.

soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2020, 09:33 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

That was a fun day for sure. Great pictures 👍👍
djr01974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:34 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by djr01974 View Post
That was a fun day for sure. Great pictures 👍👍
Thanks... As you can tell... I'm doing quite a bit of catch-up...
Old 03-22-2021, 11:59 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Doing some more catch-up on all my threads...

After installing the stock IFS springs back on, I also decided to try some new tires since I wanted to use the nice Gearhead RC Champ 190 beadlock wheels that I had lying around. I opted to try out the RC4WD class 1 Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs. It's using their X2S3 compound and it was wide enough to adequately wrap the equally wide Gearhead wheels. So far I've only been able to find RC4WD tires with that class 1 and wide size to fit these wheels. I had originally wrapped them in the RC4WD class 1 Dick Cepek Extreme Country tires in the older X2SS compound. They looked great, but the compound not so much.

Anyway, back to the MT/Rs... I put some Crawler Innovations Lil Nova Dual stage foams in them and drove it around at CDM and switched back and forth with my Pro-Line Class 1 BFG KM3s. I gotta say, the MT/Rs were just not working for me. The lugs were too tall and soft, and easily folded over. They just wouldn't bite. I'm going to give it another shot the next time I bring it out, but I'm going to be using the rock hard stiff stock foams that the MT/Rs come with. Maybe these tires need really stiff foam to prevent folding over?

Old 05-19-2021, 10:52 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

I've been a bit behind on posting stuff. Here's a run with my Trailwalker back in November. I switched back to the Pro-Line Class 1 BFG KM3s and man... those tires just work. Pro-Line G8 compound just flat out works for me at my spots. Enjoy this video, and I'll be posting up my videos of the Gatekeeper and some UMG10 6x6 updates soon!

Old 11-03-2021, 03:27 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Finally got around to repainting my Element Trailwalker body with my signature color scheme of my Element Sendero. Took this IFS rig back out to the beach and forgot how fun this rig was to wheel. Totally different challenge over the same ol' rocks.

Old 11-03-2021, 03:51 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

This day, I was mostly driving my Axial SCX10 III Jeep, but I've never driven this Element Trailwalker at any place other than the beach. I decided to switch rigs at the end of this day, because I wanted to try this rig out on the trail terrain.

Soze's Enduro Trailwalker RTR - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enduro Trailwalker RTR Sale - 2 for $499 JatoTheRipper Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 27 10-24-2020 07:45 PM
Enduro Sendero vs Trailwalker jeeptec General Crawlers 3 12-20-2019 03:48 PM
New Element RC Enduro Trailwalker RTR - IN STOCK! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 09-24-2019 07:13 PM
💥Open for Pre-Order NOW 💥 New Element RC Enduro Trailwalker RTR RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 09-03-2019 01:25 PM
New Element RC Enduro Trailwalker RTR - Pre-order Now! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 08-28-2019 05:29 PM