Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Got two Trailwalkers on the way, couple questions for long term owners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2020, 06:11 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Got two Trailwalkers on the way, couple questions for long term owners

I got the two for $499 deal, will be changing the body and probably sell one of these. Does the rear link set that they sell offer different wheelbase options? How are the stock electronics? Any weak points or areas that need upgraded? I'm way behind, always am lol Thanks for your input
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2020, 06:38 AM   #2
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: Got two Trailwalkers on the way, couple questions for long term owners

Congrats on getting the deal!

My Trailwalker just showed up yesterday! I wanted to get the "2 for" deal, but didn't have the funds at the moment, so I picked up just one of them.

As for the links, it looks like Element sells a 12.8 version of the rear links and a set of high clearance links in the 12.3 version. I'd bet that other manufacturers may have other options.

The stock electronics are ok. The reverse in the ESC is a little touchy. I ended up putting a HW 1080 ESC in my Enduro. I used the stock ESC as a servo winch controller.

The stock motor is really smooth! I am still running it and will keep it in there until it dies.

The radio equipment is decent for a stock radio. I am currently still using the stock radio in my Enduro. Eventually I'll buy another Spektrum receiver and swap it out to use my DX5C.

As for other weak points, I'm not really sure. On my Enduro I swapped out the c-hubs and knuckles for SSD right of the bat. These parts looked a little weak just by looking at them. The stock may be ok, but I didn't want to take any chances.

The shocks are really smooth and have not leaked a bit of oil. I think they will be staying on mine for awhile!

All in all, the Enduro has been a great rig and is one of my favorites to drive.

Looking forward to see what you do with your twins!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 06:57 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Got two Trailwalkers on the way, couple questions for long term owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Congrats on getting the deal!

My Trailwalker just showed up yesterday! I wanted to get the "2 for" deal, but didn't have the funds at the moment, so I picked up just one of them.

As for the links, it looks like Element sells a 12.8 version of the rear links and a set of high clearance links in the 12.3 version. I'd bet that other manufacturers may have other options.

The stock electronics are ok. The reverse in the ESC is a little touchy. I ended up putting a HW 1080 ESC in my Enduro. I used the stock ESC as a servo winch controller.

The stock motor is really smooth! I am still running it and will keep it in there until it dies.

The radio equipment is decent for a stock radio. I am currently still using the stock radio in my Enduro. Eventually I'll buy another Spektrum receiver and swap it out to use my DX5C.

As for other weak points, I'm not really sure. On my Enduro I swapped out the c-hubs and knuckles for SSD right of the bat. These parts looked a little weak just by looking at them. The stock may be ok, but I didn't want to take any chances.

The shocks are really smooth and have not leaked a bit of oil. I think they will be staying on mine for awhile!

All in all, the Enduro has been a great rig and is one of my favorites to drive.

Looking forward to see what you do with your twins!
Thanks for your input, I hear a lot of good things about these, I did see the 12.8 wheelbase kit, but they have another set for the rear that has 8 links, does that set offer shorter wheelbases?
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote

Got two Trailwalkers on the way, couple questions for long term owners - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A long term project nears completion Rumpelhardt Non Crawler RC's 1 07-08-2019 03:55 AM
Couple questions for UGC FASTBACK 2 chassis owners... J.DUKE Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 06-23-2015 05:22 PM
Overdrive mod long term effects? scho52386 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 25 05-06-2011 07:48 AM
Dupli Color - Long Term on Lexan? ebbet Paint and Body 0 09-07-2010 05:56 PM
Next TLT project- Long Term microgoat Chit Chat 14 06-14-2006 03:37 PM