Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: New enduro coming?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2020, 06:36 PM   #101
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New enduro coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post
That's good to hear. Although (and this is also nitpicking), I do wish they had a different way to mount the body instead of just traditional posts. It's a shame they have so many cool scale accessories and even clear windows but then stick two posts out of the hood (the roof ones can at least be hidden by the roof rack)

That's a great point, actually. I'm guessing it would cost more to license the 4Runner than the Magnaflow, but at that point I'd rather they just cut the price even more and just give us a regular exhaust.

I think the front looks pretty awesome, especially with the bumper options, but the rear and rear 3/4 views make it look pretty disproportional. I know they have to stick to a certain width and wheelbase, and even the Proline 2nd gen 4Runner looks a little squat and wide from angles, but I think they could have done a better job with this one.

Either way, for the price I still think it's amazing, but I'd be pretty bummed if they don't offer it as a kit (can also mount the body without posts if it were a kit with an untrimmed body).

Since the beginning, Element has been licensing tires, but not bodies. So, I’m not surprised to see the licensed Magnaflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2020, 07:08 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post
That's a great point, actually. I'm guessing it would cost more to license the 4Runner than the Magnaflow, but at that point I'd rather they just cut the price even more and just give us a regular exhaust.
Toyota is notoriously difficult to work with and that's most likely why we don't see a lot of licensed Toyota bodies.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:05 AM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Toyota is notoriously difficult to work with and that's most likely why we don't see a lot of licensed Toyota bodies.
A number of auto makers license their products to RC companies for free, or very cheap. They look at it as free advertising.

My 2-cents on this new truck...

Overall, I think it is ok, but there is nothing there that gets me too excited, I am just not a fan of the IFS. With all of the detail-parts that come with this truck, I think they missed the mark on the body by not including front and back light bezels.

Don't get me wrong on this, I think it is a good kit overall, and I think AE has gone above any beyond with the optional parts it includes.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:29 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
A number of auto makers license their products to RC companies for free, or very cheap. They look at it as free advertising.
I had that impression too, but I've been told otherwise on this forum. No idea what is true.

I've asked two people - Jason Ruona of JConcepts and I believe the other was Rich Trujillo of Horizon - about licensing Toyota and they admitted they are difficult to work with. I'm not exactly sure what that means.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

New enduro coming? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What I'm doing to my ENDURO! CODYBOY Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 98 04-10-2020 08:37 PM
Another enduro Scaleginger Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 5 01-01-2020 03:29 PM
Just another Enduro Satan6907 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 2 12-10-2019 05:32 AM
Coming Soon - New Parts & Upgrades for Element RC Enduro RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-24-2019 04:19 PM
COMING SOON the NEW Cross-Rc upgrades coming soon!!! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-10-2019 05:38 PM