Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Club 5 Racing High Clearance Links

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2020, 02:14 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Club 5 Racing High Clearance Links

Hi all,

I had a question regarding the Club 5 Racing High Clearance Suspension and Steering Link kits. Hopefully someone on here has installed them on their rigs and can help me. My 12 year old son is building an Enduro kit, his first kit ever I might add, on his own with only a little assistance/guidance from me.

He's making great progress. After he went to bed recently, I did a sneak peak to see how it was coming. I noticed that he installed the high clearance links with the 'bent' side closest to the transmission and the 'straighter' portion towards the axle side. This seemed backwards to me as I would think that you would want the bend by the axles for more clearance in that area. I asked him about it the next day. He said that there were no instructions provided and that he was going off the pics on the Club 5 Racing website. He then showed me the site and it appears he is correct--'bent' side towards the transmission.

Is this right? I'll admit I've never used high clearance links before, but when I have seen them on other people's rigs it seemed like the bent side was towards the axles. I just wanted to verify which way is correct before he gets too much farther along.

Link to the link kit on Club 5 website: "Husky Link" Hi-Clearance Suspension Links for Element Enduro - Club 5 Racing
RCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2020, 02:50 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Club 5 Racing High Clearance Links

The bent end installs near the axle. I'd guess they installed them wrong for the photos.
vinnieb729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:31 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I've got the Capra certain of their "high clearance" links, and mine are double-bent (bend close to each end). I just skimmed all their links were like that.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:58 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

bent end on the axle side, for sure
sgtlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 04:40 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:29 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the help and pic everyone. Now I'll go give the kiddo the bad news that he has to switch all of the links around. I'm sure he's just going to love to hear that.
RCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:24 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Anybody knows if those high clearance husky links works with SCX10II geometry?
antigacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:36 AM   #8

WOW! I like that! Are they as sweet as they look?
jinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:04 PM   #9

yes as sweet as they look. the only flaw (for me) is the rear driveshaft output is no longer "protected" by the links. im going to add a couple longer rod ends to the upper links to roll the axle a bit, just needs a little to point it up. still very happy i made the purchase
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:58 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

So, I've seen the links installed both ways. I ran into the same issue with the driveshaft being really exposed installing the normal way that everybody else does. I opted to install it the way they had in on their site and it seems to protect the driveshaft better.

Installing it the normal way, you'd need to extend the upper links to tilt the driveshaft up.

I was comparing both ways, and in my opinion even if you install it with the bend near the skid, you still gain quite a bit of clearance vs. stock. I'll have pictures up soon.

I think it's just a matter of preference, since both will give you more clearance than stock.

EDIT: I think I see the issue. If you only compress 1 side at a time, the bends in the link near the skid will hit. On mine it still works, and isn't really that big of a deal, but I guess I'll have to extend the uppers and switch them around.

EDIT 2:

So here's what I found. With stock shock position, you are fine running the bend near the skid. You still have higher clearance, and a more protected driveshaft.

If you run your shocks leaned forward or allow for more compression travel, then you need to have the bend near the axle to prevent the lower and upper links hitting each other when compressing 1 side only.

Last edited by soze; 08-24-2020 at 06:16 PM.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote

Club 5 Racing High Clearance Links - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3s racing High Clearance Knuckle m1009cucv Axial SCX-10 11 04-21-2014 02:46 PM
High clearance links... COME GET EM! Erik D_lux Team Losi Comp Crawler 53 12-28-2010 01:53 PM
high clearance links Highboost73 Axial SCX-10 1 06-13-2010 08:08 AM
High clearance links hcfr34 General Crawlers 27 01-22-2005 10:48 PM