Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Another fun use for the Element IFS Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2020, 12:50 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Another fun use for the Element IFS Kit

Hi RCC faithful.

It has been awhile, spending most of the past several months at home has been way less productive on the RC front than one would assume. Regardless of how little that has been accomplished in my wrenching time, I have been super excited for the Element IFS kit. In fact, I preordered it from Amain the day it was first available then waited impatiently for it to arrive. However, after finally receiving it, the prospect of just installing it on a Enduro or SCXII became less and less inspiring. Some chance internet surfing provided the much needed direction to get this IFS ball rolling and this is the result:

Yes friends, you can install the Element IFS kit on a Wraith. This may be old news to some of you but an eye-opening bit of information to others. The longtime RCC members likely remember JC Auto Designs, who makes this handy IFS adapter plate:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/3Q...li=marketplace

There is more than 1 IFS adapter setup on Shapeways but I prefer the shock mount setup of the JCAD version. The adapter parts are very reasonable at about $22 but thanks to Shapeways insane price increases, it will cost you $35ish by the time it gets to your door.

Here is a view of the shock mounts, they are made wide enough to accommodate a TRX4 shock pivot ball or spacers can be used to fit pretty much any shock. The HPI Venture shocks I used required 1 spacer in addition to the one JCAD includes as part of the adapter setup.

I forgot to take a picture of the bare IFS plate but it looks much like the stock Element one which gives you a wide, flat surface for mounting stuff. I made this electronics mount/inner fender setup to hold all the electronics under the hood and hide the wires.

The whole thing bolts on using the 4 holes meant for mounting a servo winch on the IFS kit. In theory it is easily removable but it is a pain getting at those screws once installed.

Suspension tuning is still an ongoing process but I'm happy with the ride height currently.

Speaking of suspension tuning, has anyone else noticed how bad the bump steer is on the IFS? Someone should really fix that.

Just not me, I can't even assemble my suspension correctly. Look at that clearly wrong, yet much better geometry. Definitely don't trust me.

Hopefully I have inspired someone to venture outside of the Toyota/Raptor box of Element IFS use and to build something fun, stupid, or both.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2020, 01:29 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Another fun use for the Element IFS Kit

Nice work!
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:41 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I totally want to build a new bronco with IFS. Just not sure what chassis... Trail king? Would need a twin turbo v6 motor cover...

This wraith is cool though! I would have never thought of this!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:21 AM   #4
Go Buckeyes!

Nice build! Looks great with the IFS!

I've got an old Wraith cage that I had planned on building into a 1.9 collecting dust! I might have to pick up another IFS kit and get this build going again!
B-MOW71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 07:39 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Nice work!
I make nice things sometimes when I get around to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
I totally want to build a new bronco with IFS. Just not sure what chassis... Trail king? Would need a twin turbo v6 motor cover...

This wraith is cool though! I would have never thought of this!
I would totally pull this apart to build a new Bronco. My local Walmart appears to have never received any of the New Bright versions to cannibalize. But if that day comes where I find one, the Wraith is done for.

The Trail King transmission most likely won't work with the IFS because the motor ends up where the steering servo goes. Possible the trans and motor squeezes in with the IFS if running a Holmes stubby revolver but no way the faux engine fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Nice build! Looks great with the IFS!

I've got an old Wraith cage that I had planned on building into a 1.9 collecting dust! I might have to pick up another IFS kit and get this build going again!
Make it happen!

I mean, you really don't have anything else to do these days.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:19 AM   #6
Gold Star Baby!

This is really cool! Nice vision and excellent execution. I wonder how this would do with a little wheel speed.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote

Another fun use for the Element IFS Kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zulu Romeo 2 IFS Element Enduro Kit Build AKayl Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 18 05-03-2020 11:40 AM
Crazy Question, Will the element IFS kit fit a GS02? mass-hole G-Made Crawlers 4 05-02-2020 04:59 PM
Element IFS on a VS4? turbodan13 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 4 03-20-2020 08:55 PM