Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero
Loading

Notices

Thread: Jim's Enduro Power Wagon

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2020, 11:07 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: MIAMI
Posts: 103
Default Re: Jim's Enduro Power Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
That is a 3D printed bumper, made for the HPI Venture.
Cool, any chance I could sweet talk you into designing one for the Enduro chassis?.
JimInMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2020, 12:14 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave
 
dezfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Happiness is a warm AK.
Posts: 12,496
Default Re: Jim's Enduro Power Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInMiami View Post
Hi-jack away, happy to be of service to the forum! And I can do you one more: If you continue your research into acrylic paints youíll find that acrylic and latex paints are basically the same thing too! Itís just that latex paints are of a lower quality, I believe because they have less pigment particles, but you can actually mix the two paints if need be.

Using craft store acrylics also opens up huge possibilities for mixing custom colors that you canít get from rattle cans.
Maybe I can add to the discovery.

If anyone would rather spray the paint, this little Prevale sprayer would work wonders.





Just have to thin the acrylic a bit.👍🏼
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:14 AM   #23
Go Buckeyes!
 
B-MOW71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Mid-Ohio
Posts: 1,787
Default Re: Jim's Enduro Power Wagon

Wow, learned something new about paints! Great info guys!

@dezfan - Cool spray gun! I had no idea something like this existed!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:41 AM   #24
Moderator
 
Topher Builds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,344
Default Re: Jim's Enduro Power Wagon

Looks like I need to go to the craft store!

Jim, any pics of those trucks after some use?
Topher Builds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:13 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: MIAMI
Posts: 103
Default Re: Jim's Enduro Power Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Looks like I need to go to the craft store!

Jim, any pics of those trucks after some use?
Sure, here's it is after many hours on our local crawler course, where it's taken many a tumble The fender arches were of course painted on the outside. Oh, and to sort of hy-jack my own thread, the public crawler course in Markham Park (Sunrise, FL) is def worth the trip if anyone is visiting the area. https://markhampark.com/rc-truck-and-crawler-course/ There's a great group of guys that maintain and constantly upgrade the course.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sout...ascalecrawlers

JimInMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:15 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: MIAMI
Posts: 103
Default Re: Jim's Enduro Power Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Maybe I can add to the discovery.

If anyone would rather spray the paint, this little Prevale sprayer would work wonders.

Just have to thin the acrylic a bit.👍🏼
Very cool, I'll def keep that in mind for the day I move out of the condo!
JimInMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 05:03 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: MIAMI
Posts: 103
Default In Action!

Life got in the way for a couple of months, but I finally got some video of the rig in action with some upgrades. Swapped in a Trailwalker bumper for the one I originally had and got better protection w/ less weight.

Also added heavier Injora wheels and Club 5 Racing stainless steal axle guards "Rhinoshield" Stainless Steel Axle Guard For Element Enduro Gatekeeper - Club 5 Racing

https://youtu.be/YzZGQzm6uY0
JimInMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 08:51 PM   #28
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 991
Default Re: Jim's Enduro Power Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInMiami View Post
Sure, here's it is after many hours on our local crawler course, where it's taken many a tumble The fender arches were of course painted on the outside. Oh, and to sort of hy-jack my own thread, the public crawler course in Markham Park (Sunrise, FL) is def worth the trip if anyone is visiting the area. https://markhampark.com/rc-truck-and-crawler-course/ There's a great group of guys that maintain and constantly upgrade the course.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sout...ascalecrawlers



Markham Park is a fantastic course and is also my home course as well. I live in Coral Springs

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:27 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave
 
dezfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Happiness is a warm AK.
Posts: 12,496
Default Re: In Action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInMiami View Post
Life got in the way for a couple of months, but I finally got some video of the rig in action with some upgrades. Swapped in a Trailwalker bumper for the one I originally had and got better protection w/ less weight.

Also added heavier Injora wheels and Club 5 Racing stainless steal axle guards "Rhinoshield" Stainless Steel Axle Guard For Element Enduro Gatekeeper - Club 5 Racing

https://youtu.be/YzZGQzm6uY0
Good to see this beautiful PW out on the trail! 👍🏼
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:53 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: MIAMI
Posts: 103
Default Re: Jim's Enduro Power Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
Markham Park is a fantastic course and is also my home course as well. I live in Coral Springs
Cool, I'm heading out there shortly!
JimInMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:55 AM   #31
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: MIAMI
Posts: 103
Default Re: In Action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Good to see this beautiful PW out on the trail! 👍🏼
Thanks!
JimInMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:57 AM   #32
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 991
Default Re: Jim's Enduro Power Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInMiami View Post
Cool, I'm heading out there shortly!
Wish I could. I'm hoping to get my Wroncho build done by next Saturday and get down there for it's maiden voyage. Have fun!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 03:42 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: MIAMI
Posts: 103
Default Re: Jim's Enduro Power Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
Wish I could. I'm hoping to get my Wroncho build done by next Saturday and get down there for it's maiden voyage. Have fun!
Just got back from Markham Park, the rain held off till 4:00 and the course is looking good. They're prepping it for a comp scheduled for Sunday, Dec 6.


Last edited by JimInMiami; 11-21-2020 at 04:23 PM. Reason: adding picture
JimInMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Jim's Enduro Power Wagon - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From this , to that ! Power Wagon ! Frank211 1.9 Scale Rigs 20 05-19-2019 02:10 PM
Project B.A. Power Wagon (Bad A** Power Wagon) freetimecrawler 1.9 Scale Rigs 1 12-30-2018 08:19 AM
1964 Dodge Power Wagon Town Wagon bodean 1.9 Scale Rigs 32 05-29-2015 12:02 PM
My Power Wagon!!!! PCHILNSF Axial SCX-10 12 02-01-2015 04:25 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com