Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Trail Truck vs Gatekeeper Builders Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2021, 10:04 AM   #1

Default Trail Truck vs Gatekeeper Builders Kit

Hey there, I'm relatively new to the hobby and have been crawling and tinkering with a Axial SCX24 for a few months now and I am pretty sure I want to make the jump to 1/10 scale.
I am pretty dead set on going for a builders kit since I really want to do the assembly process, and I fully understand that it will probably end up more expensive in the end but I would rather do the assembly and get higher end electronics without the waste of takeoff parts.
I am trying to decide between the Trail Truck and the Gatekeeper, I've watched some videos online of the build process and I am pretty impressed with the quality of kits that element makes, I've also been considering the TRX4 and the Axial Capra as well, but for the purpose of this post I mostly want to compare Element's offerings (but am totally open to input on the TRX4 and Capra)
From what I can tell the Gatekeeper has more bells and whistles with it's trailing arm suspension, and the tube body is included. Are there any other advantages to the Gatekeeper over the Trail Truck?
It seems like the benefit of the Trail Truck is the more ubiquitous rear suspension design, if most other crawlers use a more standard 4 link, why would I want trailing arm setup on the GK? Additionally I am able to use whatever body I want which would probably be lighter than the tube body and lower the CG, something like a Proline Cliffhanger or a cab-only truck body.
The prices are close enough that that consideration seems like a non-issue, unless I would get more bang for my buck with the GK.
My intentions overall would be to have something that is highly capable on organic crawling settings. I don't have any crawler courses around me so I want to seek out cool rocks and features. Maybe some trailing but more so just finding interesting rocks to try to crawl on. I don't need a basher or something that can go fast.
Not that it is completely relevant, but my SCX24 is built for capability, not scale looks.
HailBoognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
advice, gatekeeper, trail truck

Trail Truck vs Gatekeeper Builders Kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Sneak Peek: SSD Trail King - Pro Scale Chassis Builders Kit! LSXGMC SSD Trail King - Pro Scale Chassis Builder Kit 526 05-24-2020 06:21 PM
💥IN STOCK NOW💥 NEW Axial Racing Capra 1.9 Unlimited Trail Buggy Builders Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 09-27-2019 09:29 AM
PRE-ORDER NOW the NEW Axial Racing Capra 1.9 Unlimited Trail Buggy Builders Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 09-12-2019 10:43 AM
Another Sneak Peek of the SSD Trail King-Pro Scale Chassis Builders Kit!! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-22-2019 11:48 AM