Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Another Enduro coming? What’s next?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2020, 02:30 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Another Enduro coming? What’s next?

A couple things stand out - number one is electronics/battery access, so tired of poking around through the cage in my Bomber - never bothered with a Capra because of that...

Also never really felt like installing the interior because of that issue, either!

Nice price, nice wheels (for plastic) as they will work with most of the generic aluminum wheel hubs without any mods, decent tires - although it would be nice to see a new design, I am aware that my rubber fetish makes that more of an issue than for most.

The shorter plastic trailing arms should work better than the ones that came with the Bomber, as the longer length meant they would get tweaked from the additional leverage forces applied from heavy use.

It comes with a handful of Factory Team upgrades, even little things like a steel servo horn, steel hexes, and those lovely bronze shock bodies.

The steel Panhard mount is a choice upgrade, as well!

I seriously dig it.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2020, 02:31 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Webpage for it is now up: https://www.associatedelectrics.com/.../Builders_Kit/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:40 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyro View Post
Webpage for it is now up: https://www.associatedelectrics.com/.../Builders_Kit/

I read through all that and have selected "Put me on the fast track"!

Only thing I'd like to see is the full decal sheet - want to know what graphics it comes with vs what was custom-painted on the example rig...
Old 09-28-2020, 02:43 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Nice price, nice wheels (for plastic) as they will work with most of the generic aluminum wheel hubs without any mods, decent tires - although it would be nice to see a new design, I am aware that my rubber fetish makes that more of an issue than for most.

I seriously dig it.
Quote:
items NOT included in kit: Reedy motor, battery, ESC, servo, receiver, wheels, tires, body, and pinion gear.
No wheels nor tires ... which is logical being that most would change them.
tuxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:47 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

300 bucks for that ?? No thanks . 50cent swaybar setup , plastic trailarm support , no room for a receiver...pffft. I rather get a Octane xl and pimp it out.
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:52 PM   #46
Go Buckeyes!

I like it! It’s been added to my list along with another IFS kit!

Scale garage?!?! I didn’t hear or see if it has on the inside of the box!

B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:04 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

The Hemistorm video showed one off on the inside of the box.

Phyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:14 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxstang View Post
No wheels nor tires ... which is logical being that most would change them.
Ah - missed that note.

Certainly, I've already got too many sets, my Sendero set hasn't even touched dirt - no worries there.

EDIT: well, shoot - trying to soak up all the pertinent details of this new release during breaks from work has led me to fail to recognize one detail that might make me change my attitude... I missed the fact that it's another Shorty pack rig.

I converted my Ascender right after getting it to run full size packs, and I ruled out the Capra for a few reasons, one being also the battery size limitation. I may pass on this rig (at least for now) because I have plenty of others, several of which are being upgraded - and hell, I may even pick up some of the parts from THIS rig and install them on my Sendero to make a hybrid.

I just don't want to add more battery packs right now to my holiday shopping list. However, the trailing arm setup, the steel Panhard mount, and even the sway bar may end up on my Enduro.

Heck - maybe even a large portion of the cage - minus the front section.

Mental kit-bashing has commenced...

Last edited by durok; 09-28-2020 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-28-2020, 03:49 PM   #49
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
How many RCC OG’s know the legend of the Gatekeeper?😈

Very cool! A Gatekeeper will be in my stable.

Guess that Capra based U4 rig I was collecting part for will be sold.
Legend?

I am in for both the legend and this rig. Timing could not have been better for me. I need a new kit and who doesn't like a good story...
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:07 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Hahaha
My title at work is GATEKEEPER
because I am the lock stop between the military side and the civilian company developing a new course we will teach at the school house.
Gatekeeper... Hahaha what are the odds!!?
And yes when I was appointed that title my first and immediate question was:"who is the keymaster?"

And even if I dont get this kit, I MUST habe those front shock mounts and solid panhard mount for the Enduro!!!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:20 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
300 bucks for that ?? No thanks . 50cent swaybar setup , plastic trailarm support , no room for a receiver...pffft. I rather get a Octane xl and pimp it out.
No room for a receiver? 🥴

I installed a Servo, receiver, and ESC on the front of my G3 Enduro build without issue.

The front of the rear shock tower on the Gatekeeper could be used to mount a ESC or Receiver with ease as well.

Lots of room compared to my Capra.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:23 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Search the RCC members list...

Lots of RCC history in the Gatekeeper name.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 05:22 PM   #53
RCC Addict

If this could/would take the IFS kit it could be a replacement for my Twin Hammers which is almost a shelf queen now.

Added: I'm surprised they didn't release it with IFS actually. Maybe they thought some hardcore IFS haters would be put off. Or why not make it an option and choose which you want.

Last edited by M1tch; 09-28-2020 at 05:26 PM.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 05:25 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1tch View Post
If this could/would take the IFS kit it could be a replacement for my Twin Hammers which is almost a shelf queen now.

It’s still an Enduro frame. It will take the IFS just fine. Element RC replied to that question on Instagram.

rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 05:37 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
It’s still an Enduro frame. It will take the IFS just fine. Element RC replied to that question on Instagram.

That's good. I'm taking a rest from rc atm as busy getting fit after lockdown and have loads of work to do on my rc's anyway. This should be a nice xmas present to myself though.

RC Driver did a good review of it. Best one I have watched so far as plenty of close up detail and driving, rather than seeing someones cheesy face for 15 to 20 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjeVYMua-tE&t=332s
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:26 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Depending on other hobby releases this holiday season - I may just go ahead and get it, and kit-bash it with my existing Sendero, so I can use a full-size LiPo.

I have the Samix lengthwise battery tray ready to install - goes up front, so we will see how much of the Gatekeeper can be used - and just sell off the unused parts...

Or keep them for spares.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:37 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Hahaha Josh has a cheesy face??
Hes on here ya know...

I crammed my rx on the side of my steering servo in my front motor ascender. Rx are pretty easy to cram if you give it some thought.
I actually wish the Enduro rx boxes were about 40% smaller.

Also HECK YES for IFS fitment confirmed. I kinda figured it would but its nice they removed any doubt.
Ahhhhh super tempting...
Toss a 2 speed traxxas trans and remote lockers on there with a mambaX and you would have a SICK dual purpose KOH U4 rig on your hands! Of you could fit all that haha body swaps could free up a lot of hiding spots.
Man this thing is getting a LOT of creative juices flowing!

Last edited by Shinchu; 09-28-2020 at 07:43 PM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 07:53 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Someone asked about the box, yep they're still doing the garage themed boxes that can be re-purposed.

https://youtu.be/Eiemo4fKzlA?t=1127

I have to say I really like it but just like Josh pointed out I agree the hood is too long (and high), it needs a bit of chop chop.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:02 PM   #59
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Someone asked about the box, yep they're still doing the garage themed boxes that can be re-purposed.

https://youtu.be/Eiemo4fKzlA?t=1127

I did. Thanks for the link!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:45 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post

I crammed my rx on the side of my steering servo in my front motor ascender. Rx are pretty easy to cram if you give it some thought.
I remember my electronics relocation on my Ascender, too - receiver on the side of the servo also - then the Hobbywing power button on the side of the RX - then the Hobbywing 1080 ESC itself upside down in between the chassis rails attached to the BPC steel transverse LiPo tray - and the crowning touch was wrapping the excess wiring around the crossbar between the front body mounts and routing the antenna along it and looped through an unused body post pinhole!

The HH Trailmaster 550 21t is the only electronic equipment behind the transverse full-size battery. It's basically a lawn dart with the RC4WD steel front bumper and SSD brass knucks - so much so that I added the SSD brass rear lockouts trying to keep it from doing nose wheelies everytime I go in reverse... (didn't help much at all)

Anyway - enough about the late, lamented Vaterra lineup...

I'll confess to not being the biggest fan of the Trailrunner - but I do like this release quite a bit - the engineering details of the shock mounts and trailing arms and their mounts in particular.

Not sure why Axial's newer releases have been leaving me cold - except for the UMG10 - which deserved the damn portals, and I am OK there, because I scored an awesome pre-painted & weathered body/cage (and the wheel/tireset!) from a member, so I will eventually rectify THAT situation by most likely throwing TRX axles under it and if I can make it work, a VS4-10 chassis.

So - maybe my Bomber (and all of the aftermarket crap to build another) will remain my only Axial purchase for the foreseeable future?

Who knows!

Another Enduro coming? What’s next? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New enduro coming? Topher Builds Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 103 05-20-2020 08:29 PM
Another enduro Scaleginger Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 5 01-01-2020 03:29 PM
Next Enduro? Topher Builds Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 52 09-12-2019 03:57 AM
Coming Soon - New Parts & Upgrades for Element RC Enduro RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-24-2019 04:19 PM
COMING SOON the NEW Cross-Rc upgrades coming soon!!! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-10-2019 05:38 PM