Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: My Enduro / LC70 build thread (with bonus steering issue)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2021, 10:17 AM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: My Enduro / LC70 build thread (with bonus steering issue)

Been a little slow going on this lately - getting the body to sit as low as I want without hacking up the fenders and without sacrificing how well the truck drives gets a bit frustrating - it's like two steps forward and 1.8 steps back. Lots of assembling, disassembling, reassembling. I'm mostly enjoying it, but it's slow.

Anyway, small update. I didn't like the location of the sliders against the body. I like the sliders just fine, but they sat about a half inch too far rearward. I debated ordering custom ones with the offset I want or even making some (I will still do this eventually), but it's too cold to learn how to braze stuff outside right now.

It turns out the spacing between all of the through holes on the side plates (is that what they're called?) is an even ~1/2". So I only needed to drill one extra hole on each plate and I was able to shift them both forward that 1/2". The result is they sit exactly where I want them to. Bonus is that it shifts the weight a bit forward too. Here's what they look like now

Last edited by mash914; 03-03-2021 at 10:46 AM.
mash914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2021, 08:25 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

I'm liking your commitment to the details - and it's always great to be able to find a fix that didn't require ordering different parts!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 12:47 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
I'm liking your commitment to the details - and it's always great to be able to find a fix that didn't require ordering different parts!
Thanks, and you're right - sometimes it's fun to get new stuff in the mail, but it can be even better when you can repurpose or modify something. Which is a nice segue into today's modification. I've been using the factory forward battery location in my TRX4, and so I took the larger battery tray out to clean up the chassis and lose a bit of rearward weight. I also had another motive - I'd been looking at the Samix battery tray for my Enduro, but I hadn't quite gotten to the point of pulling the trigger for a couple of reasons. It still sits sort of high, it's too long to allow a 550 motor (and I just bought a HH Crawlmaster Sport for this), and it's like $35 bucks which I didn't want to blow just to experiment.

A quick internet search confirmed the trays are both plentiful and only $6 to replace if I'd ever need it back in the Bronco, so I started cutting. It's still a bit rough and will need to be cleaned up, but as proof of concept, I couldn't be happier. Here are the pics (still needs edges cleaned up, some spacers, and correct hardware)...

Old 03-07-2021, 01:24 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Hah!

That's PERFECT...

I actually DID buy the Samix tray, one of the few upgrades I've purchased, because I want to run the Creep body and slam it as low as possible.

I definitely avoided the brass version, of course.

Not installed yet, but coming soon - and it should work for mine because I plan on using a HH Revolver v2.

Using a modded TRX-4 tray is another inspired touch!
Old 03-07-2021, 03:43 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Hah!

That's PERFECT...

I actually DID buy the Samix tray, one of the few upgrades I've purchased, because I want to run the Creep body and slam it as low as possible.

I definitely avoided the brass version, of course.

Not installed yet, but coming soon - and it should work for mine because I plan on using a HH Revolver v2.

Using a modded TRX-4 tray is another inspired touch!
Thanks again. I'll be curious to see how it works for you. I had read that with some spacers you can get the plate piece lowered a good bit. If that's how it's constructed, I may still go with it just because it really looks nice. I'll also be interested to see how it's supported at the motor end.

Are you going to use the Samix servo mount as well?
Old 03-07-2021, 04:26 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash914 View Post
Thanks again. I'll be curious to see how it works for you. I had read that with some spacers you can get the plate piece lowered a good bit. If that's how it's constructed, I may still go with it just because it really looks nice. I'll also be interested to see how it's supported at the motor end.

Are you going to use the Samix servo mount as well?
I believe they recommend they be used together, so I did pick one up (also in aluminum).
Old 03-07-2021, 04:53 PM   #67
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I believe they recommend they be used together, so I did pick one up (also in aluminum).
I also have it in aluminum. It was strange, when I bought mine from Amain the one they sent me had a sticker for the Enduro on one side and the SCX10 on the other side. Turns out it was the part for the Axial. They were super cool about fixing it - they went and confirmed that the replacement would be correct and they even let me keep the 'wrong' part. I guess I'll need to buy an SCX10 so it doesn't go to waste

One other thing that I'm not sure if you've caught earlier in the thread - new servo location requires a different length link. I ordered mine from Club5. The new center-to-center length was 85mm (I ordered the 65mm husky link and some 10deg rod ends - it was a lot of goodness for $9).

Last edited by mash914; 03-07-2021 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-07-2021, 07:19 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash914 View Post
I also have it in aluminum. It was strange, when I bought mine from Amain the one they sent me had a sticker for the Enduro on one side and the SCX10 on the other side. Turns out it was the part for the Axial. They were super cool about fixing it - they went and confirmed that the replacement would be correct and they even let me keep the 'wrong' part. I guess I'll need to buy an SCX10 so it doesn't go to waste

One other thing that I'm not sure if you've caught earlier in the thread - new servo location requires a different length link. I ordered mine from Club5. The new center-to-center length was 85mm (I ordered the 65mm husky link and some 10deg rod ends - it was a lot of goodness for $9).
I had noticed in your thread that another link was needed if switching to that mount, another reason why I was following it so closely!

This sorts of things are what this forum is good for, and why I still stick around even though there's a fair amount of nonsense as well...

My Enduro / LC70 build thread (with bonus steering issue) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enduro IFS Shock Tuning thread HumboldtEF Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 19 07-15-2020 09:25 PM
Possible Steering Issue w/ Wraith build RC'n OLD GUY! Electronics 6 04-20-2020 04:18 PM
Yet another Enduro thread... JSterrett Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 27 10-30-2019 05:01 AM
New Build - Servo / Steering issue Slaughter Axial SCX-10 7 05-24-2011 06:23 PM