Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Nosser's Element Xtracab

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2021, 07:30 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Nosser's Element Xtracab

Ok, yep, you made up my mind for my next body. This body is in my Amain cart.

That weathering is probably the best I’ve seen yet, great work! I personally think those wheels look great. Post up some pics on what wheels your looking at!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2021, 01:14 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Ok, yep, you made up my mind for my next body. This body is in my Amain cart.

That weathering is probably the best I’ve seen yet, great work! I personally think those wheels look great. Post up some pics on what wheels your looking at!

Thank man! But there are a tons of amazing weathered builds. I just used the black, brown, green, and yellow paint I had to do some washes. I love the body. I grew up around Toyota pickups and I wish my dad never sold his.

I’m happy with the wheels. The tires are cheap voodoo copies I bought years ago when I wanted to see if I’d like small 4.19 tires. They actually don’t perform too bad I think better that the stocks. I vent them with 2 small holes in each tire.

I’m just looking at the proline km3 or maybe MTRs. I’ll probably just buy a new set of cheap beadlocks but I’ve been looking at the Boom Racing Pro Builds as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by nosser; 01-07-2021 at 09:22 PM.
nosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 06:15 AM   #23
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: Nosser's Element Xtracab

This is a great looking build! Great job!

Love the look and really like how well the body fits this chassis!

The interior looks great and I like how the transmission fits in under the seats.

Nice outdoor pics as well!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 02:01 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
This is a great looking build! Great job!

Love the look and really like how well the body fits this chassis!

The interior looks great and I like how the transmission fits in under the seats.

Nice outdoor pics as well!

Thanks B! Yours was one of the trucks I followed when I was looking to get back into RC.

Old 01-09-2021, 06:10 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Looks great! Some of the parts for my build are trickling in, there will be another one of these coming soon! Thanks for the inspiration
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:44 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Thanks again!

So I finally took the time to try brazing. I roughly measured by eye since I wanted to practice and test it. I’m trying to understand the measurements when I bend it.

I’m not sure how to design it so I’ll have to keep looking for something I like.

Old 01-14-2021, 07:29 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

That bumper looks killer!!
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:35 AM   #28
RCC Addict

I love your build so don't get me wrong here but I liked the body not weathered :( It had a 'this could be parked in my driveway' look. And I like weathered trucks, all of mine are. The cleaner look just suited it well. But I like it like this too.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:02 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
I love your build so don't get me wrong here but I liked the body not weathered :( It had a 'this could be parked in my driveway' look. And I like weathered trucks, all of mine are. The cleaner look just suited it well. But I like it like this too.

Haha, I know I don’t like anymore and I’m considering stripping it and repainting it. The color was much lighter than i though it would be lol and didn’t really grow on me.

Anyone know how hard that would be ?

I did cut the bed to run the shocks in the stock position. I have new oil and springs to adjust my suspension.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:13 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosser View Post
Haha, I know I don’t like anymore and I’m considering stripping it and repainting it. The color was much lighter than i though it would be lol and didn’t really grow on me.

Anyone know how hard that would be ?

I did cut the bed to run the shocks in the stock position. I have new oil and springs to adjust my suspension.

Suppose you could scotch brite it or scuff sand and shoot it with a solid color easily enough but from my experience in 1:25 modeling the more times you paint a body the more detail you lose, things like door lines start to look weak as they fill in. Since it is a hard body you could scribe them with the back of an exacto blade after prepping it to gain a little depth back and then shoot the new color. I'd do something that complements the base if you are going to do that so it looks neat when it scratches off later.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 02:18 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

I’ve been working on the body to remove the paint and have a few things in the mail.

I have SVT’s lcg skid from Bowhouse coming in, which should lower the trans 3mm. After I get it I’ll see if I can shave the case as well. I ordered I did receive my ds3218 pro. I’ve used the regular ones and they have been great. This is suppose to be a little quicker so we will see.

I’m using purple power to remove the paint but I’m stuck on colors. I also cut the bed to run shocks in the stock position. It’s been easier to set up the suspension with the oil and springs I got. Plus didn’t like the looks of the shocks in the rear. Right now it’s running stock springs with 45wt oil all around.

I have 3 shades of silver, gray, gunmetal gray and a dark doo doo brown. I’m thinking this dark brown but the grill and bumper are already black and it’ll be dark. I’m thinking the light grey silvery color but on 1:1 car I generally don’t like that color.

Here is the brown and the gunmetal.

Old 01-19-2021, 02:24 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

I personally like the brown, and I think the Brown on black will look killer.

fwiw, I really like 80s and 90s trucks in "ugly" colors that would look awful on a 2021 truck. Faded yellow, brown, faded red, etc. Just gives that older truck vibe

just curious, how are you liking that Reedy motor? Is the ESC jumpy in reverse like a lot of people say?

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 01-19-2021 at 02:28 PM.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 02:58 PM   #33
RCC Addict

I really like those DS3218 Pros, for the money they are worth it. I've been following this build and I liked your paint work but I get it, if I'm not happy with something it doesn't matter who else likes it lol. When I'm done with mine it'll be a companion to my Marlin 4RUNNER.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2021, 03:04 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
I really like those DS3218 Pros, for the money they are worth it. I've been following this build and I liked your paint work but I get it, if I'm not happy with something it doesn't matter who else likes it lol. When I'm done with mine it'll be a companion to my Marlin 4RUNNER.

That is awesome! Yeah the dark gray looks great! I was undecided about that body or this one. That body will be my next build for sure! Think I want a ssd trail king for it.

Old 01-19-2021, 03:16 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, that 4runner looks great! I'm not normally a fan of that body style in 1:1, but that looks good

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 01-19-2021 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:25 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosser View Post
That is awesome! Yeah the dark gray looks great! I was undecided about that body or this one. That body will be my next build for sure! Think I want a ssd trail king for it.

Thanks man! That gray is 1988 Ford Ranger gray in Duplicolor laquer. I really need the Trail King for a build one of these days.

Quote:
Yeah, that 4runner looks great! I'm not normally a fan of that body style in 1:1, but that looks good
Thanks man!
Old 01-21-2021, 02:54 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Just outta curiosity, does the body stay on good with the screws put in going out so you can just slide the body on? I know you supposed to screw them in through the body, but that's a lot of extra time to just switch a battery for example.
Old 01-21-2021, 03:11 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Just outta curiosity, does the body stay on good with the screws put in going out so you can just slide the body on? I know you supposed to screw them in through the body, but that's a lot of extra time to just switch a battery for example.
I have grub screws on my Marlin Yota to hold the body, I just spread body out over the grub screws to remove or install, works great.

Old 01-21-2021, 04:26 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

You're in my hood. How have I not run into you out there? Or have I?

Truck's looking great though!
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 06:29 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

Hey yeah, I don’t maybe but it would have been years ago. I have been out of crawling for a while and just started again with this truck. I’m always open to meet and crawl

Nosser's Element Xtracab - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
87 Xtracab, you'd think one mini-me was enough. mk3jetta RC4WD Trail Finder 2 21 12-30-2020 04:52 PM
87’ Toyota Xtracab (me too:) Fishcharger RC4WD Trail Finder 2 4 10-12-2020 06:33 PM
New RC4WD 1987 XtraCab Hilux HumboldtEF Paint and Body 6 08-11-2020 07:47 PM
Nosser's SCX10.2 nosser Axial SCX10 II 27 12-13-2017 06:39 AM