Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Nosser's Element Xtracab

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2021, 08:14 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Nosser's Element Xtracab

Got a couple things in the mail. Pretty excited about these. I should be able to get them I stalled tomorrow.

I got the HR under drive 3 which should be about 30% and the Bowhouse lcg skid. It should drop the trans 3mm and I’ll have to see if I can shave the trans to get it any lower.

Guess I forgot the pic of the skid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2021, 04:02 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

I was able to install the hr under drive gears and the skid . I hope I’ll be able to take it out to test sometime this week. The first picture is the stock setup. It did drop the trans and motor but there was still space so I cut the bottom of the trans as well. The final picture shows the final placement. Not sure if it’s worth the cost or effort but it does lower the cog and the product quality is great.

I painted my bumper to match the new truck paint as well. I plan to add a fair lead for a servo winch at some point. Or continue to try to create a new bumper.

I like the new look. I decided I wanted some flashy wheels since the paint is so dark. They’re some cheap beadlocks but I replaced the rings and wrapped them in MTRs.

Old 01-25-2021, 04:49 PM   #43
Slow is the new Fast

Nice attention to detail, i.e. lowering COG and increasing OD . Should crawl beautifully.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:40 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Love that dark brown color, great job

How did you strip the chrome on the grille?
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:01 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Hey that looks great. Shout back on the skid after some beta testing- that’s the kind of upgrade I would be interested in as well.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:45 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Nice attention to detail, i.e. lowering COG and increasing OD . Should crawl beautifully.
Thank you! Yeah I hope so! I'm thinking about some new taller shock towers as well to keep the cog down. The stock springs right now droop to about 85% with no preload because of the weight. So I'm thinking lowering it with taller towers and used a little stiffer spring so they droop about 50% or so. Am I right in that thinking? I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Love that dark brown color, great job

How did you strip the chrome on the grille?
Thanks. I used Easy Off overs cleaner. Just threw it in a ziplock bag and soaked it. Came right off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
Hey that looks great. Shout back on the skid after some beta testing- that’s the kind of upgrade I would be interested in as well.
Will do. Hopefully I'll be able to get out this weekend.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:23 AM   #47
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosser View Post
Thank you! Yeah I hope so! I'm thinking about some new taller shock towers as well to keep the cog down. The stock springs right now droop to about 85% with no preload because of the weight. So I'm thinking lowering it with taller towers and used a little stiffer spring so they droop about 50% or so. Am I right in that thinking? I'm not sure.
Higher shock mounting points will definitely allow you to lower the truck. Do you mean softer springs? Perhaps I am confused, but if you want more droop would you not want to use softer springs?
Old 01-26-2021, 01:03 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Higher shock mounting points will definitely allow you to lower the truck. Do you mean softer springs? Perhaps I am confused, but if you want more droop would you not want to use softer springs?

Sorry. I’m running the stock springs and because of the weight of the body they droop to about 15% left of travel. If I add preload then the truck sits higher than I like. So I’m considering higher shock mounting points just to keep the truck where is sits now but still have a little more travel

Old 01-26-2021, 02:55 PM   #49
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosser View Post
Sorry. I’m running the stock springs and because of the weight of the body they droop to about 15% left of travel. If I add preload then the truck sits higher than I like. So I’m considering higher shock mounting points just to keep the truck where is sits now but still have a little more travel

Gotcha! Sounds like a good idea.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:05 PM   #50
Pebble Pounder

I haven’t been able to get out much but did take it out since the few upgrades. I can say the higher underdrive and lower cog is great. Think I’m finally happy with the setup. I did get over ballsy and tried to take some lines that I had no business trying with these little tires. I rolled the guy and it hurt me inside. Haha. You can see the ugly battle scars now.

Old 02-08-2021, 10:23 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Ohhh, that’s makes me cringe lmao. I’d be respraying it and putting loads on clear coat as soon as I got home lol. Looks good, really digging the gold wheels.

Old 02-09-2021, 06:33 AM   #52
Go Buckeyes!

Ouch! First scratches are always the hardest!

Great job on the bumper! Looks and fits great with the body! Measuring and bending the correct angles has been my biggest problem so far. I'm still trying to figure all that out so I can finish one of my long overdue projects that I've been working on.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 11:50 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Default Nosser's Element Xtracab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Ohhh, that’s makes me cringe lmao. I’d be respraying it and putting loads on clear coat as soon as I got home lol. Looks good, really digging the gold wheels.

Yeah I know. I need to respray it. I've been busy and lazy to work on it. There are just so many parts to remove lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Ouch! First scratches are always the hardest!

Great job on the bumper! Looks and fits great with the body! Measuring and bending the correct angles has been my biggest problem so far. I'm still trying to figure all that out so I can finish one of my long overdue projects that I've been working on.

Thanks man! The measuring is tough. I still want to redo it and I think drawing a template and trying to match the template helps, but I have wasted material like crazy!

I recently bought a cheap fixie bike and have been restoring it. I need to lose some of this holiday weight from 2006 so that has taken a bit of my time too.

I did finally receive my Brazen Racing shock towers and included link risers. This should lower the cog a bit. It’ll be a little while to get it up and running again since the body won’t fit with these towers. I’ll probably make som makeshift wheel wells to hide the electronics. I might want to paint them black as well.

I’m kinda wishing I bought the 4Runner body instead for the shorter wheelbase since the tires are so small. I’m considering using this body for a class 2 style rig. We’ll see.

I did have to move my servo to the top though

Hopefully this looks alright. Not too familiar with the geometry I just tried to make them parallel.

Made a little plate with leftover styrene for the esc.

I found an old body in the garage and cut it up just too see. Now, I think I need a 3rd rig.

Last edited by nosser; 02-17-2021 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:52 AM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Great build, I'm looking into a similar setup, at least same body and the Enduro platform. Who makes the side plates? Do you think you could just make your own body mounts, using the stock side plates? Also have you considered IFS? That's what I'd like to do with this build, IFS and rear leaf springs.
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 02:06 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by utieh View Post
Great build, I'm looking into a similar setup, at least same body and the Enduro platform. Who makes the side plates? Do you think you could just make your own body mounts, using the stock side plates? Also have you considered IFS? That's what I'd like to do with this build, IFS and rear leaf springs.

Thanks man. Haven’t been on here for a minute, but getting back into my micros. You might be able to make your own body mounts. Honestly, I don’t even remember how the stock side plates looked. I removed them immediately and took the easy route and got ShrinkRC mounts. They were plug and play. I’ll probably keep this rig like it is. I do want a 4Runner build and probably consider leafs for that.

Old 01-13-2022, 02:30 PM   #56
Slow is the new Fast

The evolution of this rig is great, keep it comin
Old 01-13-2022, 02:43 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
The evolution of this rig is great, keep it comin

Thanks smog!

Nosser's Element Xtracab - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
87 Xtracab, you'd think one mini-me was enough. mk3jetta RC4WD Trail Finder 2 21 12-30-2020 04:52 PM
87’ Toyota Xtracab (me too:) Fishcharger RC4WD Trail Finder 2 4 10-12-2020 06:33 PM
New RC4WD 1987 XtraCab Hilux HumboldtEF Paint and Body 6 08-11-2020 07:47 PM
Nosser's SCX10.2 nosser Axial SCX10 II 27 12-13-2017 06:39 AM