Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Furadi's LCG Enduro Kit build | Creep

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2021, 06:14 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Furadi's LCG Enduro Kit build | Creep

Hey folks! This is only my 2nd ever trail truck / crawler that I build for my kids or as a backup. My current rig is a TRX4 Sport so I wanted to try something different and it was between this and the SCX10 II kit. I decided on the Enduro as the SCX comes with plastic shocks.

I knew I was going to be heavily upgrading based on what I've learned over the years from my TRX4 but I'm impatient so I started building the night I bought it.

I already had the Creep body ordered so as I was building I went ahead and cut the running boards. I also cut the bottom out of the battery tray to use as the mount to reduce and excess plastic adding weight.

I finished the kit the next day.

I was still waiting for the creep body so I threw my old TRX4 body on so my son and I could take it out with our group of rc bros.

Initial impressions were that it's nice and light and has tons of steering. But the kit suffered from being very top heavy due to the all metal gear transmission being mounted above the frame rails and being the highest point on the chassis so it was time to break out the credit card.
furadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2021, 06:31 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Furadi's LCG Enduro Kit build | Creep

Next step was transferring my old Hyrax onto some new proline denali wheels. I like the plastic proiline wheels because they're channeled to hold the dual stage foam centered.

The body showed up so I started getting it fit to the chassis. Good combo!

Then all of my upgrades to bring the CG way down showed up.

SSD knuckles and rear axle weights

A smaller HH 540 motor and softer springs

Just adding the SSD parts made a huge difference. The Enduro could barely sidehill my easiest runs that first weekend. I did a ton of indoor testing due to the snow and once I added the brass I was very impressed.

Old 02-20-2021, 06:35 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Final pieces showed up which were the IE RC comp bumper and shock keys and the club 5 +3 brass wheel hexes.

For paint I went with Tamiya bright gun metal gray. (one of my sons favorites)

and after all the upgrades it can match my TRX4 Sport in sidehilling so far.

Old 02-20-2021, 06:37 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Some things I forgot to mention. It has the full samix high clearance link kit and yes those are rubber bands on the axles. They're looped up around the shock towers to keep the axles pulled in. Without them climbing and side hilling is greatly reduced.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:35 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Looks good. Mine will be getting high clearance links and the lcg skid this week. I started with an rtr but will be swapping to factory team shocks and gatekeeper panhard bracket as well. It already has SSD axles/knuckles/c hubs/lockouts.

That creep body looks good, I really like the color. I may be running a JP1 body if I can talk my girl into letting me have it. If not I have a backup plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:42 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
Looks good. Mine will be getting high clearance links and the lcg skid this week. I started with an rtr but will be swapping to factory team shocks and gatekeeper panhard bracket as well. It already has SSD axles/knuckles/c hubs/lockouts.

That creep body looks good, I really like the color. I may be running a JP1 body if I can talk my girl into letting me have it. If not I have a backup plan.

Thanks! Yeah so far the Creep is my favorite. Have you seen the new proline cliffhanger? I'm kinda iffy on it so far.
Old 02-21-2021, 06:27 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by furadi View Post
Thanks! Yeah so far the Creep is my favorite. Have you seen the new proline cliffhanger? I'm kinda iffy on it so far.

The cliffhanger is cool but something I’d rather see modified versus out of the box. Kinda like when Harley decided to make 100 different flavors of ‘pre customized’ sportsters...iron 88s were cool when you had to do it with a grinder in you garage, not so much when bought at the Harley mall.

Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:23 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

i have a chep $300 gatekeeper coming that is gonna go LCG with either a creep, powerwagon or something thin. might try and cut a creep body and make a lexan cover for the rear, as i dont need a bed. i dunno if ill keep the traiing arms or not. looks simple enough to make it a 4-link again!

I'll be doing a similar route tho! subscribed to see where this went!
HaveBlue83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Furadi's LCG Enduro Kit build | Creep - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX4 Sport Creep Build | The dremel has been busy ~ furadi Traxxas TRX-4 14 02-17-2021 06:11 PM
Elements: An Enduro kit build by SVT svt923 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 66 01-26-2021 08:02 AM
Zulu Romeo 2 IFS Element Enduro Kit Build AKayl Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 18 05-03-2020 11:40 AM
Element RC Enduro Sendero Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon kit build Jim85IROC Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 9 02-16-2020 10:06 AM