Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: New Element Truck coming?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2022, 03:07 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New Element Truck coming?

Just got confirmation that the Ecto body will eventually be available pre-painted in the green variant.

Would definitely make for a good hardliner body to stock up on.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2022, 09:07 PM   #82
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
I'll never get over the lack of simple spray cans of earth-toned Lexan-compatible paints...

The go-fast crowd seems to be forever stuck on neons, candy-metallics, and iridescents from the '80s!

And no, just providing airbrush paints won't cut it - sorry Pro-line.

Couldn't agree more. Especially because the few manufacturers we have making rc paint all seem intent on having a good bit of overlap. I get it, I love graphite and gunmetal and gray and dark gray and dark silver and light gunmetal, but nobody has a less saturated blue? No decent olive greens or tans? I keep trying to invent combinations of colors and tints and backing colors, but that only gets you so far.

Out of frustration, I think I'll start experimenting with krylon and duplicolor and sherwin williams and whatever else might be flexy enough.
mash914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 09:39 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Default New Element Truck coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash914 View Post

Out of frustration, I think I'll start experimenting with krylon and duplicolor and sherwin williams and whatever else might be flexy enough.
The only paint I use is Rustoleum & Krylon for it I need a special color Rustoleum doesn’t have. It definitely doesn’t hold up as much as Tamiya paints, but I only ever see paint chips in the bottom edges/corners of lexan bodies.

I hate painting lexan bodies so much, I’ve only painted 3 in my entire Hobby lifespan due to just hating the painting process of lexan lol. On the other hand I love doing hardbodies.

Old 05-25-2022, 10:21 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
The only paint I use is Rustoleum & Krylon for it I need a special color Rustoleum doesn’t have. It definitely doesn’t hold up as much as Tamiya paints, but I only ever see paint chips in the bottom edges/corners of lexan bodies.

I hate painting lexan bodies so much, I’ve only painted 3 in my entire Hobby lifespan due to just hating the painting process of lexan lol. On the other hand I love doing hardbodies.

I've never tried it but JimInMiami uses Acrylic paint on lexan and he says it works well. Proline FJ40 on 10 III Chassis
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 06:26 AM   #85
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
I'll never get over the lack of simple spray cans of earth-toned Lexan-compatible paints...

The go-fast crowd seems to be forever stuck on neons, candy-metallics, and iridescents from the '80s!

And no, just providing airbrush paints won't cut it - sorry Pro-line.
Yeah, no doubt, I'd love to see some earth-toned colors that I can paint on the inside of the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Just got confirmation that the Ecto body will eventually be available pre-painted in the green variant.

Would definitely make for a good hardliner body to stock up on.
Nice! I'd like to have one in the green color. I'm still hoping that the clear body becomes available soon!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:40 PM   #86
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Yeah, no doubt, I'd love to see some earth-toned colors that I can paint on the inside of the body.

Nice! I'd like to have one in the green color. I'm still hoping that the clear body becomes available soon!
I too wish the clear bodies would come back in stock, feels like I've been waiting forever.
Doom! is offline   Reply With Quote

New Element Truck coming? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2nd Truck Options: Element RC, Gen8 or Deadbolt and Why? Spacefeeak1974 General Crawlers 33 03-29-2020 06:47 PM
Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR - Now In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-24-2019 05:03 PM
Coming Soon - New Parts & Upgrades for Element RC Enduro RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-24-2019 04:19 PM
Pre-Order Now - Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-20-2019 10:11 AM