Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero
Loading

Notices

Thread: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2021, 12:43 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 356
Default Ecto body on Gatekeeper

As most of your know, pretty simple install. Swapping between the cage and body only take a few minutes.





s

Last edited by SteveB1; 08-07-2021 at 06:58 PM.
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2021, 06:20 AM   #2
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Barrington IL
Posts: 63
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

Great looking truck the color is beautiful. Looks so much better than the yellow.
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 09:47 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 356
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

Many thanks!


SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: central VT
Posts: 2,300
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

What's the weight difference between the cage and the body? How noticeable is it on the trail?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:57 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 356
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

MM,

There is a considerable difference:

Gatekeeper Cage with interior: 460 grams

Ecto body as you see it in my photos: 140 grams

Note that I did not add all the scale features that come with the body. I do feel it's a bit more settled when side-hilling, and overall I feel it drives slightly better with less weight so high up.



s
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:23 PM   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Grand Junction
Posts: 41
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

Looks good! I haven't been too sure about the new Ecto body (maybe it was just the yellow) but you made it look sweet

You'll have to make another trip up to our neck of the woods and get some scratches from our rocks on it
RLB454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 12:01 PM   #7
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 1,619
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB1 View Post
MM,

There is a considerable difference:

Gatekeeper Cage with interior: 460 grams

Ecto body as you see it in my photos: 140 grams

Note that I did not add all the scale features that come with the body. I do feel it's a bit more settled when side-hilling, and overall I feel it drives slightly better with less weight so high up.



s
So the Gatekeeper body and cage are over a pound? That's a lot more than I would have thought.

Also, that color looks awesome. I think I am going to get this as I've never been able to get my power wagon body to fit well on my Enduro.

Last edited by TexasSP; 07-28-2021 at 01:17 PM.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 02:18 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 356
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLB454 View Post
Looks good! I haven't been too sure about the new Ecto body (maybe it was just the yellow) but you made it look sweet

You'll have to make another trip up to our neck of the woods and get some scratches from our rocks on it



You bet! That was a great spot and good times.



s
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 02:20 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 356
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
So the Gatekeeper body and cage are over a pound? That's a lot more than I would have thought.

Also, that color looks awesome. I think I am going to get this as I've never been able to get my power wagon body to fit well on my Enduro.

I was surprised at the weight difference as well, and the Gatekeeper cage is quite heavy. I'll only run the cage when my son is driving; it does protect the truck very well. But for me, I will only run the Ecto body.



s
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 02:59 PM   #10
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Barrington IL
Posts: 63
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

Are you running hex extension on yours the stance looks wider?
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 04:50 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 356
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

Yeah,



I have Vanquish 600's for my hubs and the Samix 8mm brass hex installed. Thar said, I think I prefer the 475 hubs. Front wheels also have Vanquish wheel weights.

Last edited by SteveB1; 08-01-2021 at 05:58 PM.
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 12:45 PM   #12
Slow is the new Fast
 
smog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Winterpeg
Posts: 2,906
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

Do love the color, nice choice. It looks like root beer? I suspect I will end up making the same body swap on my Gatekeeper at some point, the weight difference is just too attractive.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 06:58 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 356
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

The main color is root beer with a bit of rose gold and gold pearl.






SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:02 PM   #14
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Wiliamsport
Posts: 99
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

this is awesome! I found a gatekeeper for cheap and a ecto body kit is pretty cheap...what about body mounts? do you need much else or is it pull off the gatekeeper and put the ecto on? Im planning on offloading the gatekeeper if i do this swap.....
HaveBlue83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:49 PM   #15
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Erie
Posts: 547
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
this is awesome! I found a gatekeeper for cheap and a ecto body kit is pretty cheap...what about body mounts? do you need much else or is it pull off the gatekeeper and put the ecto on? Im planning on offloading the gatekeeper if i do this swap.....
That body isnít easy to find in stock. Mine just shipped end of last week after being on backorder for 2 months. I also requested email notification when in stock from several other dealers at the same time I backordered it at Amain, which was the first to get it. If you want one you should definitely backorder it and/or get on a notification list.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 09:08 PM   #16
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Wiliamsport
Posts: 99
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
That body isn’t easy to find in stock. Mine just shipped end of last week after being on backorder for 2 months. I also requested email notification when in stock from several other dealers at the same time I backordered it at Amain, which was the first to get it. If you want one you should definitely backorder it and/or get on a notification list.
well, i actually just ordered a gatekeeper RTR from Amain today...$317 delivered! been looking at that as a ready to go starting place all week.

and yes, i have seen that the ecto body kit is hard to get right now. I am looking at the proline Powerwagon instead (id do just a cab and that comes seperate = easier start point). I am prolly gonna sell the gatekeeper body in new shape. Part of me wants to remove as much of the extra unneeded cage parts as possible to get the weight down, but i dont think id be able to pull a few hundred grams out of it to make it worthwhile. a lexan body, wheel spacers and some weight down low is def the best option.
HaveBlue83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 04:51 AM   #17
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: iron range
Posts: 28
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

Does the gatekeeper come with the body posts needed for the ecto body? If not does anyone know what part number I need.
letrbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 05:38 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 300
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by letrbuk View Post
Does the gatekeeper come with the body posts needed for the ecto body? If not does anyone know what part number I need.
The ecto body set comes with the tiny rear body posts that key into the rear bumper brace. You will probably need posts for the front if the gatekeeper doesn't include these!

EDIT: Ok so because of the front hinged body mounting of the gatekeeper you do not get (well according to the instructions) any body post mounts in the kit so you you will need part 42009 - Element RC Enduro Body Posts!

Last edited by mr lee; 12-16-2021 at 05:48 AM.
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 05:58 AM   #19
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: iron range
Posts: 28
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

Ok. I looked at the manual for the ecto and it doesnít list anywhere the numbers for the front body post. So thanks for posting it.
letrbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 06:08 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 300
Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by letrbuk View Post
Ok. I looked at the manual for the ecto and it doesnít list anywhere the numbers for the front body post. So thanks for posting it.
No sweat
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Ecto body on Gatekeeper - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Element Ecto Trail SteveB1 General Crawlers 6 07-11-2021 02:23 PM
No ecto news ? crazee horse Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 0 05-30-2021 03:37 PM
Ecto-1 mmatthews 1.5 Scale Rigs 133 01-02-2014 07:29 PM
Body mounts on a gatekeeper chassis usedandabused Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1 12-18-2011 04:39 PM
Body for Gatekeeper WAM Axial AX-10 Scorpion 21 06-18-2011 05:29 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com