Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: SLN's C1 Enduro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2021, 03:51 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default SLN's C1 Enduro

I present to you the C1 Senduro…

https://postimg.cc/9zqv3BV6

I’ve been wanting to build this XtraCab body from RC4WD ever since it came out, and now I have the chance.

Yes, I am starting this kind of late, but I don’t think pictures of the painting/building process would be entertaining, so I skipped it. Plus, we all have come to know what the Enduro looks like.

So, let’s get to the nitty gritty, shall we?

For starters, the chassis. I went through quite a few different mounting options, everything from a custom hinged mount to using the factory body posts off the TF2. The body posts worked okay, but they weren’t sturdy enough for my liking. Plus, I wouldn't be able to fit the interior without major trimming(If I wasn’t entering this into C1 I would just not run the interior, but we gotta get all the scale points we can, right?) Long story short, I ordered some ShrinkRC mounts because I wasn’t happy with my redneck engineered ones. I also relocated the battery tray and RX box, but their location is undecided as of now. I'm also playing with different shocks/springs to get the right height, but again they're undecided as well.

Next, the body. I was very torn on how I wanted to paint it. I went from black on black, to tan on tan, tan on black, blue on black, you get the point. I knew I wanted to stick with a factory color, but easily ruled out tan because a lot of people do tan and pull it off great. I also didn’t want to do black because it’s kind of boring and I didn't want to do McFly’s truck. So that left blue, which is what I ended up doing. In my mind I wanted ‘Pavement Princess’ paint, but I knew I wouldn’t drive it like that, so I did a sorta-weathered paint. It’s more of a Project style truck. And if I’m honest, when I started building I planned for it to be a pretty boy paint. Then some mess ups happened, which then messed with the paint which gave me the idea to do a project truck. So, long story short, the paint is an accident. I think it came out okay. In a perfect world, I would've liked to detail the interior out, but I'm running short on time. That can be done later if I want

https://postimg.cc/G437pPwh
https://postimg.cc/t1w2DL1Y

So now I wait for the mounts, and she’ll be up and running ready for C1 on Sept. 4th. I also think I'll have to get a longer driveshaft, but I'm going to play with it a little to see if i can make it work.

And for anyone who cares, I am sitting at 37 for scale points, I'd like to try to get in the mid 40's

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 04-16-2022 at 01:53 AM. Reason: picture problems
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2021, 03:56 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: SLN's C1 Enduro

Looks good can’t wait to see more
twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 07:41 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Looks good can’t wait to see more
Thanks man!🤙🏼

Well, I got the SHRINKRC mounts in and mounted onto the chassis. I ended up using the rear bracket as a hinge kit and used two screws up front. I did have to do a body lift to get the battery to fit without chopping up the body.

First run went awesome, no complaints and it's performance surprised me. It's super fun to drive even with tiny 3.6" tires. Gives a little challenge.

The only problem is my driveshaft pops out every once in a while, so I have a longer one on the way along with a Crawlmaster 10T.

Pictures: https://postimg.cc/gallery/V6Ff6tq
Video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XhzD1AcIhd4
Old 08-31-2021, 02:20 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Got my new driveshafts installed and tried to install the Crawlmaster, but the fawking pinion gear set screw is stripped So now I have to wait on a new pinion or run an 11T. Ill test the 11T, but I think It's going to be way too small. I've found a lot of stripped screws on this chassis, that's the only problem I've had with it though.

I may look to see if I have any odd sized allen wrenches, but until the, any ideas on getting a stripped set screw out?

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 08-31-2021 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:41 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Here is mine. It is my first hardbdy, My interior is a cut up lexan proline one, looks like crap. I had the bed cut in front and back so I wouldn't have ot change my wheel base.

I had somebody fab my bumpers and mounts. The body mounts to the sliders with pins. I have recessed the winch into to the body since these pics where taken.

MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 01:18 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Nice! I like what you did with the battery up front, easy access. I wanted to get a winch, but with only having 2 days left I don't think I have time lol.

I was debating bobbing the bed just like you did to keep the WB the same, but I'm glad I didn't because I like longer wheelbases. I have my front wheel around 1/2" offset towards the front. So I sit right around 12.9" wheelbase

How's she preform? I'm pretty impressed how mine does, and has a pretty good tipping point too.
Old 09-02-2021, 01:26 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Nice! I like what you did with the battery up front, easy access. I wanted to get a winch, but with only having 2 days left I don't think I have time lol.

I was debating bobbing the bed just like you did to keep the WB the same, but I'm glad I didn't because I like longer wheelbases. I have my front wheel around 1/2" offset towards the front. So I sit right around 12.9" wheelbase

How's she preform? I'm pretty impressed how mine does, and has a pretty good tipping point too.
Suppressing well. Mine is a C1 build. I had a lexan body on it before. I do have to drive smarter. The last comp I did only allowed hardbody so that kind of levels the field.

I did change the axles to AR44s and that helped allot and the shocks to TRX4s which helped allot.
Old 09-02-2021, 02:50 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
Suppressing well. Mine is a C1 build. I had a lexan body on it before. I do have to drive smarter. The last comp I did only allowed hardbody so that kind of levels the field.

I did change the axles to AR44s and that helped allot and the shocks to TRX4s which helped allot.
Same here lol. I did set mine up for C2 at first, but didn't feel it was as competitive as it was then as now. It pulls better lines now than it did stock. could be the 80mm shocks, could be the smaller tires, could be the different chassis layout, etc. Hell, it could even be the 48 scale points All I know is I like it better now than set up for C2.

That's the only real gripe I have about the Enduro is the huge pumpkins. A set of AR44 or Ar45 axles would help a lot I think.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:48 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Same here lol. I did set mine up for C2 at first, but didn't feel it was as competitive as it was then as now. It pulls better lines now than it did stock. could be the 80mm shocks, could be the smaller tires, could be the different chassis layout, etc. Hell, it could even be the 48 scale points All I know is I like it better now than set up for C2.

That's the only real gripe I have about the Enduro is the huge pumpkins. A set of AR44 or Ar45 axles would help a lot I think.
I have the Enduro Axles on my C2. It is a Brazin chassis with a TGH 2low. It has 30% OD and my C1 (Enudro with the AR44s) has about 21%. Even then the Enduro, with less OD and the AR44s, will out climb my C2 with Enduro axles, a comp chassis and 30% OD.

The AR44s just dig in and go. The torque twist is so much less. The Enduro axles keep on top of things as opposed to digging in, sucks for climbing but for going down hill and moving quicker (over smaller obstacles) the Enduro axles may have the advantage I suppose.

For trailing I think the Enduro axles are fine but for more technical crawling I really think they suck compared to the AR44s.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:13 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I have the Enduro Axles on my C2. It is a Brazin chassis with a TGH 2low. It has 30% OD and my C1 (Enudro with the AR44s) has about 21%. Even then the Enduro, with less OD and the AR44s, will out climb my C2 with Enduro axles, a comp chassis and 30% OD.

The AR44s just dig in and go. The torque twist is so much less. The Enduro axles keep on top of things as opposed to digging in, sucks for climbing but for going down hill and moving quicker (over smaller obstacles) the Enduro axles may have the advantage I suppose.

For trailing I think the Enduro axles are fine but for more technical crawling I really think they suck compared to the AR44s.
I definitely agree with that. I've noticed these axles hang up a lot more than my 10ii did, but I kind of like it, it adds a little challenge. when I had my 10ii, I could crawl right down the middle of my crawler course, but with this I have to pick my lines more-which again I do like.

Hopefully I pick my lines good tomorrow, because I don't have a winch Probably a stupid decision.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:43 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Little Update:

I got dead last in the comp lol. I pointed-out on both courses, but still had a hell of a time! I learned a few things and met some new people, so can't complain. The top 3 in both classes (1&2) won a brand new Redcat Gen 8

This truck will definitely be getting some updates, so stay tuned
Old 09-07-2021, 06:41 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Little Update:

I got dead last in the comp lol. I pointed-out on both courses, but still had a hell of a time! I learned a few things and met some new people, so can't complain. The top 3 in both classes (1&2) won a brand new Redcat Gen 8

This truck will definitely be getting some updates, so stay tuned
I had all sort of issues comping my Enduro. I tossed in on the shelf and said F it to the Enudro. One day I just decided to try the AR44s and it made a massive difference and then the TRX shocks.

I am doing pretty good with mine. There were allot of team drivers at my last and I don't beat them though. But I was in at least the top half (or better) They are straight up comp builds some with their own printed "hard bodies" or some how created and they are so thin and light. Some don't even look like an actual existing vehicle. Scaleness means nothing to some of them.

Last edited by MOguy; 09-07-2021 at 06:48 AM.
Old 09-10-2021, 02:23 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I had all sort of issues comping my Enduro. I tossed in on the shelf and said F it to the Enudro. One day I just decided to try the AR44s and it made a massive difference and then the TRX shocks.

I am doing pretty good with mine. There were allot of team drivers at my last and I don't beat them though. But I was in at least the top half (or better) They are straight up comp builds some with their own printed "hard bodies" or some how created and they are so thin and light. Some don't even look like an actual existing vehicle. Scaleness means nothing to some of them.
Same here. I definitely learned a lot about the Enduro and how I dislike pretty much everything about it lol. Guess the only real way to base an opinion on something is to have first hand experience. I might end up doing something with it. I still don't know why so many swear by them. My favorite rig so far was my 10ii. looking to top that with my next build coming up very soon..
Old 09-10-2021, 04:47 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Same here. I definitely learned a lot about the Enduro and how I dislike pretty much everything about it lol. Guess the only real way to base an opinion on something is to have first hand experience. I might end up doing something with it. I still don't know why so many swear by them. My favorite rig so far was my 10ii. looking to top that with my next build coming up very soon..
Take the axles and shocks off your 10.2 and but them on the Enduro. It will change your about the Enduro, trust me.

For trailing the Enduro is fine but the torque twist is bad. Even if you don't see it the front gets light when you accelerate hard or climb something steep. The Enduro axles just don't dig in and pull

Last edited by MOguy; 09-10-2021 at 04:52 AM.
Old 09-10-2021, 01:17 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Take the axles and shocks off your 10.2 and but them on the Enduro. It will change your about the Enduro, trust me.

For trailing the Enduro is fine but the torque twist is bad. Even if you don't see it the front gets light when you accelerate hard or climb something steep. The Enduro axles just don't dig in and pull
i would but I don't have it anymore lol. I buy and sell a lot

I have noticed the torque twist also-probably the worst I've ever experienced crawler-wise.

SLN's C1 Enduro - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enduro 24 RLB454 Micro Scale Rigs 21 05-24-2021 06:34 PM
Another Enduro mk3jetta Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 63 04-16-2021 08:15 PM
Another enduro Scaleginger Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 5 01-01-2020 03:29 PM
Just another Enduro Satan6907 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 2 12-10-2019 05:32 AM
Next Enduro? Topher Builds Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 52 09-12-2019 03:57 AM