Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Sendero HD build....lets see where it goes...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2021, 01:38 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Sendero HD build....lets see where it goes...

Your rig is killer and nicely done. Element seems to be quite content
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2021, 05:25 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

yeah its basically done! i just out on some inner fender liners today. Went for a crawl after work as well at my spot. Its a lil too top heavy for crazy side angle stuff, but it still does well as a fully dressed C1 rig. super fun truck. it runs well over an hour...prolly 1.5hrs, including LED light use.

I ordered a gatekeeper from Amain, they were $317 shipped, and i want another one to go a bit nuts with. I dont wanna hack up the Sendero for that. These are great budget tinker toys for the winter months

HaveBlue83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:52 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Default Sendero HD build....lets see where it goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
decided before i did rear lights i should bob the rear a bit...did 1" cut on each, angled out the hole to get the bolt straight, drilled and screwed it in. came out great. i did this to my old scx so this was easy.

also, heres the light bar and low roof rack in position....

Would you happen to have any pics during the process of cutting the tubing, and also the plastic flat-bed. Just trying to get some pointers before I start cutting away. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Chief; 12-04-2021 at 10:57 AM.
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:21 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Would you happen to have any pics during the process of cutting the tubing, and also the plastic flat-bed. Just trying to get some pointers before I start cutting away. Thanks

i took exactly 1" cut off each side, then drilled the old end holes at an angle through the original holes for the screws to allow the old screws to go in straight (as the side frames were now being bowed in, first pic shows screws before the angled hole was made), and drilled the cut ends and sent the screws in.

for the bed cover, i trimmed a bit, and fit and trimmed more and fit, then used old screw locations to secure, drilled holes in the tray close to the old pointds, and opened up till i found the old mount points. i painted it after all that.

Old 12-10-2021, 04:02 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
i took exactly 1" cut off each side, then drilled the old end holes at an angle through the original holes for the screws to allow the old screws to go in straight (as the side frames were now being bowed in, first pic shows screws before the angled hole was made), and drilled the cut ends and sent the screws in.

for the bed cover, i trimmed a bit, and fit and trimmed more and fit, then used old screw locations to secure, drilled holes in the tray close to the old pointds, and opened up till i found the old mount points. i painted it after all that.

Thanks man! Makes sense. Thats little mod makes a huge improvement for me!

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 04:25 PM   #26
Slow is the new Fast

Killer Sendero man! The pinch on the cage looks way better, you nailed it!

That is a great load of crap to crawl on there, every guy needs some of that around!
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:03 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Killer Sendero man! The pinch on the cage looks way better, you nailed it!

That is a great load of crap to crawl on there, every guy needs some of that around!
thx man!!! i did a pinch job before on my old Honcho and it worked just as nicely....kimda figued id do it on this when i bought it.

check ur local municipal buildings back lot! they have another pile i havent even done yet. i have every kind of surface to drive on here.

this buid is about done, just gonna enjoy it and see what else it needs as I go.

Tags
crawler, element, red, scale, sendero

Sendero HD build....lets see where it goes... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enduro24 Sendero Build-Up Vitamin_J Micro Scale Rigs 6 11-28-2021 01:24 PM
Enduro sendero ifs pajero build movt120 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 0 04-20-2021 05:15 PM
Enduro sendero build movt120 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 1 04-12-2021 11:07 PM
OTR sendero build -/ why are the ad ft foams so stiff? OTRocks Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 6 09-11-2019 06:42 PM