Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: LCG Gatekeeper cheater thing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2021, 08:39 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Talking LCG Gatekeeper cheater thing

Loved the Sendero enough that I got a gatekeeper last week, for $317 shipped, in the hopes of crash-coursing into a LCG build. and with that, i started tearing into a new Gatekeeper, to get it low low, flexy and balanced nicely.

Step 1: ditch the torsen bar setup, leave the arms, get it low, get it on the rocks. moved servo to front using a thinkercad design, got me more room. prolly 12 hrs of tinkering before it ever set foot outside on rocks.

Last edited by HaveBlue83; 12-13-2021 at 09:00 PM.
HaveBlue83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2021, 08:43 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: LCG Gatekeeper cheater thing

Step 2: leaking from the box shocks were working well, but I see a lot of Lizard shocks, and I wanted to try them....my lord, huge learning curve with these....slightly longer body length, but thinner and droop/not flopping the body over is good. tons of time setting up, slight binding issue with the tq arm....gotta go 4-link up front to stop that. another 10+ hrs trimming fitting massaging parts....very close on the rear shocks to shock tower mounts. still using the gatekeeper setup for now.....

mess of parts so far, all kinds of junk i pulled and modified.....

Last edited by HaveBlue83; 12-13-2021 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-13-2021, 08:52 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Step 3: Body. well, I have a powerwagon body on order, but everyone has them. I wanted to try a narrow body that i could get to work, that was different...J concepts has a clodbuster setup F150 and i said heck, ill try it. its not the same scale, but this isnt a scaler, its a cheater. lets cheat.....

used thinkercad to make a trans cover and back brace/bed setup. decided to chop it and lower it down. its very thin and light.

did the 2-tone setup like my brothers truck. the had the right colors at the store and this kind of...... snowballed into a way too detailed clone lol. i have to spray the silver around the grille and tint the windows yet.

starting to look cool. Toolbox is clean, few decals, just like my bros new Matco box he just got.

Last edited by HaveBlue83; 12-13-2021 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-15-2021, 03:16 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

ok, it def works great. the slider angle i cut into the printed rear is great. im prolly gonna make some extensions up the side for the body

it did very very well tho!

Old 01-15-2022, 02:06 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

new body for beating up, and 4-link front end. love it.

Old 08-04-2022, 01:00 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Just wanted to update.....

-body clip mounts
-put a small hole in the wheels to vent out air
-trim the foams
-brass wheel weight spacers
-strc front diff cover
-put in a 46kg servo. The new rock spot i found is incredible and i needed more servi power for them. It goes ANYwhere and i love it!

Last edited by HaveBlue83; 08-04-2022 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-04-2022, 03:57 PM   #7
Go Buckeyes!

Nice rig! Looks like you've got it dialed in!

Great outdoor pics in the last post! Looks like crawling fun for as far as the eye can see! Nice spot!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 10:04 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Nice rig! Looks like you've got it dialed in!

Great outdoor pics in the last post! Looks like crawling fun for as far as the eye can see! Nice spot!

Its amazing. I heard about it afew weeks ago and im there a few times a week now. It never gets old.
Old 08-04-2022, 11:17 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Looks good with the PW body.

Also you’re brother has a beautiful obs. Is it a 5.0?
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 04:17 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Yeah old skool, winsdor iirc. Its at Carlisle truck nationals this weekend. Super clean!
Old 08-05-2022, 08:14 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Ah, I remember Carlisle Truck nationals... Good times. We were banned from there years ago, we camped for the weekend and got caught doing a burnout with a stick Dakota in the showtruck area (the show truck guys talked us into it, they didn't think it could be done) and then later at night we were cruising and boozing around the sites, and my buddy fell out the back of the truck, landed head first, and we spent a while in the ER getting some staples. We got back and they told us to get GTFO... packed up out campsite (under guard) in the middle of the night and drove home. Good times. You're only young and dumb once.

Oh, and the RC looks great as well!
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:19 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Ah, I remember Carlisle Truck nationals... Good times. We were banned from there years ago, we camped for the weekend and got caught doing a burnout with a stick Dakota in the showtruck area (the show truck guys talked us into it, they didn't think it could be done) and then later at night we were cruising and boozing around the sites, and my buddy fell out the back of the truck, landed head first, and we spent a while in the ER getting some staples. We got back and they told us to get GTFO... packed up out campsite (under guard) in the middle of the night and drove home. Good times. You're only young and dumb once.

Oh, and the RC looks great as well!
Some guy hit another giys truck with his as he left, trued to run, and was pulled out of his truck and dropped like a sack of potatoes LOL. PD came with tear gas and bean bag shotties and had to calm the back hill area down LOL. good old truck show!

I went with the fam and the crawlers, and Kitbashed a cool lil popsicle stick bed onto the PW rig. I added some pod rock lights and headlights as well, just in time!

LCG Gatekeeper cheater thing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"The Gatekeeper" A AMW Built AR60 Axle'd,Gatekeeper Chassis , Activated Outlaw Gavin Ayala Axial AX10 2nd-gen 40 09-24-2020 09:25 AM
FJ Cheater Etype R 2.2 Scale Rigs 11 09-25-2013 08:34 AM
Cheater rig! willipmartinni Axial Wraith 19 02-15-2013 07:25 PM
The CHEATER miniwheeler EnRoute Berg 63 01-28-2011 12:33 AM