Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Knightrunner, getting back into scale builds, kinda

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2022, 09:23 AM   #61
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: Knightrunner, getting back into scale builds, kinda

Nice to hear you got them out for a comp. Podiums are never where my rigs land, but just getting them out and having fun is all I need!

I'm shocked to hear that little Warn 9.5 winch did that good without smoking! I've had a couple of them strip their gears out pulling my TRX-4 pig! Went to a winch servo and never looked back!

The sway bar looks good mounted up to that purdy SSD axle! Glad to hear it made a difference. I may add one of them to my Element Enduro Sendero to see how it does.

Oh and nice looking new wheels on the KR too!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2022, 11:26 AM   #62
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Nice to hear you got them out for a comp. Podiums are never where my rigs land, but just getting them out and having fun is all I need!

I'm shocked to hear that little Warn 9.5 winch did that good without smoking! I've had a couple of them strip their gears out pulling my TRX-4 pig! Went to a winch servo and never looked back!

The sway bar looks good mounted up to that purdy SSD axle! Glad to hear it made a difference. I may add one of them to my Element Enduro Sendero to see how it does.

Oh and nice looking new wheels on the KR too!
Thanks. Ya comps are for fun. My goal mainly is to finish the course. Especially with this rig.

Those are the Amazon Method knock offs. They do look good for sure.

Put the new ssd wheels on now to see what I think, 4.5 rockbeasts. The 4.75 are huge looking but with the Knight Customs fender flares doesn't look bad.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 06:27 AM   #63
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
Those are the Amazon Method knock offs. They do look good for sure.

Put the new ssd wheels on now to see what I think, 4.5 rockbeasts. The 4.75 are huge looking but with the Knight Customs fender flares doesn't look bad.

My wink about the new wheels was in regards to the new SSD's! I caught a glimpse of them in the "Pics of your latest purchase" thread!

Them SSD Pro wheels sure do look good! Even better with the OG Rock Beast! Them PB Rock Beast have always been my favorite tires for scale looks. The fit so many bodies perfectly!
Old 06-09-2022, 06:52 AM   #64
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
My wink about the new wheels was in regards to the new SSD's! I caught a glimpse of them in the "Pics of your latest purchase" thread!

Them SSD Pro wheels sure do look good! Even better with the OG Rock Beast! Them PB Rock Beast have always been my favorite tires for scale looks. The fit so many bodies perfectly!
I like rock beast. 0 complaints about performance thus far. They seem to be a really good middle ground for performance and scale. I tried hyrax, which did great but definitely look "RC" which I just couldn't do. My only wish is the smaller ones came a bit wider.

Old 06-09-2022, 11:26 AM   #65
Pebble Pounder

It's nice to see those wheels on there. I've been wondering what they'd look like. I think those tires are sized just right for that wheel.
DirtMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 09:05 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Testing out the new light set up after setting up camp for the weekend.

Old 04-01-2023, 07:36 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

Revival of an old build. Spent all last year beating the crap out of my knightrunner. Now the Orange Taco took over while this one got a totally new makeover.

Designed front bumper system and rear bumper system and printed myself, except ditch light pods and the CLUB5RACING headlights (which are BADA$$) all lighting done by me. Reprinted the KC interior and fender flares, obviously New body with SOR graphics.

Even the license plate is flip up with hidden receiver hole like my 1:1 bumper.

Her "debut" showing was today at a 1:1 Car/truck show at Diode Dynamics with the entire St Louis Toyota offroad crew. Well more like 75% of it but still. Had to take a pic with my close friends "twin" 21 taco.

Didn't find any rocks to let the knightrunner play a little but the little offroad course was a muddy mess thanks to storms yesturday. But 1:1 got to play at least!

Old 04-01-2023, 11:23 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Love it. 1:1 mini me's will always get mad credit. Those headlights are pretty sweet too!
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 08:36 AM   #69
Pebble Pounder

That turned out awesome, Tigris. The 1:1 really is a twin. That flip up plate is a cool idea. Well done.
DirtMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 10:46 AM   #70
Rock Crawler

She won't be a shelf queen, but not going to get beat like before. Instead light trail and hauling the orange taco around. Wife bought me a trailer for an early bday present for recon G6 this weekend.

Trailer I'm going to do my own lights, likely tie into the rig via connector and then a winch added, make it a bit more "scale" gotta sort out different tires as well.

Old 04-13-2023, 06:10 AM   #71
Go Buckeyes!

The mini and big Taco's look great! Nice job on the bumpers!

Knightrunner, getting back into scale builds, kinda - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
c0bra builds a knightrunner c0bra Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 11 10-15-2021 08:54 AM
trying To get back in builds.... Trailink82 1.9 Scale Rigs 1 01-23-2019 01:18 AM
Scale...kinda...? jaydubya2003 Newbie General 24 11-17-2010 12:10 AM
Kinda Scale CR-01 JEFFDUDE Tamiya CR-01 27 10-04-2008 08:47 PM
Robb's Kinda Droop/Kinda Scale TLT Robb Tamiya TLT Crawlers 11 12-06-2007 08:39 PM