Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Gatekeeper kit + Knightrunner Tacoma body Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2022, 11:26 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Gatekeeper kit + Knightrunner Tacoma body Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
Nice to see her progressing! Coming out pretty darn sweet!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Thanks! I can count this build as pretty complete. Amazon 35kg servo still holding up but otherwise that'll be the only thing to change out when the time comes. Super happy the way it turned out anyway.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2022, 07:45 AM   #62
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
Thanks! I can count this build as pretty complete.

Those trailing arms are sick! Truck looks great and I’m sure is a blast to run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 11:50 AM   #63
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post

Those trailing arms are sick! Truck looks great and I’m sure is a blast to run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brooo haha there's always something!
Old 01-30-2023, 09:14 AM   #64
Go Buckeyes!

Nice details! The interior looks great!

I like the looks of them there trailing arms! And the hood scoop turned out perfect! Great job!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 04:13 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

This rig was doing a pose when someone ran into it on accident and it took a tumble so it received some real scratches. Passenger mirror came off and hood scoop had paint damage but both are repaired. Check it out in it's dirty self.

Few shots from Mt Diablo few weekends ago.

And here we are today. Although the extreme flex is cool and tucks the rear wheels into the bed, it's time to make the rig perform slightly better in the crawl category. I moved the shocks to their conventional position but still left the trailing arms on. This raised the ride height a tad so I adjusted the coilovers to the lowest setting and was fine with how it sat so also adjusted the front accordingly. The rear is definitely more supportive when climbing (as expected).

Scored these polished versions of my black wheels. I think they would match having the manual hubs on better and give the whole truck some contrast but I also like having the black wheels. Let me know what y'all think.

Old 05-21-2023, 09:27 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

I brought this (and 4 other rigs) to the recent Amain Trail Run out in Paradise, CA. I figured it'd be fun to run this thing in 2wd on the trails. I even threw in my 3800kv Castle motor with a 22t pinion, along with the Mamba X robbed from the #11 Slash Trailrunner. Thing is a blast to drive! Throws the steady crawling out the window and quietness, but definitely a change of pace. Well, I didn't get to enjoy it much because I forgot my hub tool to unlock the front...

The ESC is adhesive taped on a piece of ABS I glued to the front bumper mount. I drilled two holes for it to sit flush with the bumper mount screws that stick up a bit.

This setup seems right at home with how this build is. The Fusion Pro gave it the scale crawling vibe, but since I have 10+ different Toyota builds, this combo makes it stand out from the pack. It is the only one with trailing arms and 2wd capability so it's perfect. Now I need an ESC for the Slash...
Old 11-28-2023, 11:47 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

Nothing too much has changed on this rig but here's an update after half a year. I will start by saying this Castle setup has been an absolute BLAST with the combination of the SSD manual hubs. 2WD is so much fun with the 3800kv and then when you still want to crawl there's still enough torque there to do basic crawling.

A shot with a parked rig when I attended a Deer Creek meet in Roseville CA.

Drove this thing on the drift track at the Amain shop. So much fun trying to get a perfect drift in without any gyro. Eventually, I ended up just racing the course. Then lap after lap after lap, maybe not 10 laps later, the fun ended. What I thought was maybe the plastic gearing overheated in the transmission, ended up being just a rear driveshaft joint. Threw in some Injora silver driveshafts. And no track footage unfortunately. I need to fix a phone mount on the RC8X.

And last update, I didn't think I was going to get a set of printed inserts for this rig but with these vented tires the foams have gotten quite dirty. Gave 3BRC more money. They're a bit too soft for this rig, which is ok because I wanted them to stay in these tires as this rig will be getting a set of 1.55s! I might have to grind down the front scale rotors a bit but I'll know more once I receive them.

To be continued...
Old 11-29-2023, 05:30 AM   #68

Nice looking Yota!

Who makes those polished wheels? They look great!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 06:13 AM   #69
Go Buckeyes!

So, don't drift with plastic driveshafts and a 3800kv motor! Got it!

Sucks that that happened. Good to see you had a fix for it. What are your thoughts on the Injora driveshafts?
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 08:20 AM   #70
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Nice looking Yota!

Who makes those polished wheels? They look great!
Thanks! Injora makes them. I will do a test fit and snap a few pics once I get the new set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
So, don't drift with plastic driveshafts and a 3800kv motor! Got it!

Sucks that that happened. Good to see you had a fix for it. What are your thoughts on the Injora driveshafts?

Yeah I already had these driveshafts on hand as they were for future builds but sometimes we have to make some adjustments haha.

As for the driveshafts themselves, they just seem like they're the silver versions of Incisions but also don't cost as much. No shimming needed, and no run time yet of course but Injora has been making a name for themselves a bit. They came out with a set of turbo style beadlocks that look ProBuild-ish.

Gatekeeper kit + Knightrunner Tacoma body Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gatekeeper to Knightrunner question gus6464 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 1 12-13-2021 04:38 PM
KnightRunner Build Scale Build Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 11 11-14-2021 11:28 PM
Gatekeeper kit build with aftermarket parts autorista Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 28 04-18-2021 01:20 AM