Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: B-MOW's Element GK-Ecto-Knightrunner Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2022, 09:00 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: B-MOW's Element GK-Ecto-Knightrunner Build

That gold really pops. I wouldn't blame you if you added some bit of gold to the body.
Goro Majima is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2022, 10:13 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
That gold really pops. I wouldn't blame you if you added some bit of gold to the body.
Wonder if he can get the shock bodies anodized gold. That would *pop*.

My red GK, his gold...it's a 49ers scale tailgate party...lol

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 06:34 AM   #23
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
Yeah it does! I probably get a set of gold wheels down the road. Still undecided on the body color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Wonder if he can get the shock bodies anodized gold. That would *pop*.

My red GK, his gold...it's a 49ers scale tailgate party...lol

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
That would look good! The bronze shock bodies look cool, but too dark to match the shock towers.
B-MOW71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 06:04 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Yeah, it is! I'm shocked out how cheap the kit is for what is included! With this kit, I honestly see no reason to ever buy the V2 builders kit, ever!!

I see that the IFS is getting harder to find! I can't understand with the popularity of the IFS why Element would discontinue it if they didn't have plans to replace it with a newer/better version. If all else fails, I'll steal the IFS out of my Trailwalker if Element doesn't have a replacement when I'm ready to install one.

And, yes, the Bowhouse IFS steering upgrades are the way to go! I added these to my IFS on my Trailwalker and it corrected the odd bumpsteer and geometry that the stock setup had. Definitely recommend doing this upgrade to the IFS kit.
Hey Brian, I have a new IFS kit that I put together and then sold the rig I was putting it in. I would consider letting it go to Mid Ohio if you want it?
If not, I'm going to list it.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 06:06 AM   #25
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Hey Brian, I have a new IFS kit that I put together and then sold the rig I was putting it in. I would consider letting it go to Mid Ohio if you want it?
If not, I'm going to list it.
Yes sir, I am interested! Let me know the details when you get a sec.

Thanks Ernie!
Old 03-04-2022, 10:04 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yes sir, I am interested! Let me know the details when you get a sec.

Thanks Ernie!
PM sent.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 11:20 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I see that the IFS is getting harder to find! I can't understand with the popularity of the IFS why Element would discontinue it if they didn't have plans to replace it with a newer/better version. If all else fails, I'll steal the IFS out of my Trailwalker if Element doesn't have a replacement when I'm ready to install one.
It's funny, I got the IFS kit when it first came out and put it on my Trailwalker. I liked it, but I was good with just one. At the time, I was more into driving hard lines rather than scale lines.

In 2021 I started focusing more on scale videos and then the Knightrunner came out. It's definitely made me appreciate the IFS setup even more.

Now I'm totally excited to do a couple more "Toyota" based builds and will probably end up with 3 IFS rigs in my fleet. Luckily I had bought an extra kit last year.

I guess if I want to move past 3, I'll have to start buying Trailrunners or Knightrunners as base chassis to build off of LOL!
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 05:44 PM   #28
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
PM sent.
PM sent back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
It's funny, I got the IFS kit when it first came out and put it on my Trailwalker. I liked it, but I was good with just one. At the time, I was more into driving hard lines rather than scale lines.

In 2021 I started focusing more on scale videos and then the Knightrunner came out. It's definitely made me appreciate the IFS setup even more.

Now I'm totally excited to do a couple more "Toyota" based builds and will probably end up with 3 IFS rigs in my fleet. Luckily I had bought an extra kit last year.

I guess if I want to move past 3, I'll have to start buying Trailrunners or Knightrunners as base chassis to build off of LOL!
I hear ya! I too bought the IFS kit when it first came out and added it to my Trailwalker.

I do enjoy the scale side of these rigs and watching the IFS work out on the trail and rocks.

I do have the Trailrunner on my list to buy in the future. If I add the IFS to this Ecto/Gatekeeper build, then that'll make 3 also for me! I really don't think one can have too many!
Old 03-04-2022, 05:59 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

You gotta add the Knight Customs IFS parts. They really give it more clearance.

It's funny I bought the files (original non-Knightrunner version) when they first came out early on, because I could see that it would raise the skid for the IFS and give it more clearance. At the time the IFS prints were only being advertised as raising the IFS up in order to run smaller tires without it looking too lifted. About a year after he first released them.... what do you know... everyone caught on that it would give more clearance for 4" and larger tires and now they're advertised that way.

It also makes the front skid look less vertical (if you use the 3d printed skid replacement for the lifted IFS). That was always one of the things that bothered me about the IFS was how vertical that front skid plate was.
Old 03-04-2022, 06:33 PM   #30
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
You gotta add the Knight Customs IFS parts. They really give it more clearance.

I agree, the skid being so vertical bothers me too! I do plan on doing the Knight Customs IFS conversion. It makes the front end look so much better! And it sure does need the extra clearance.

I’m still running the stock IFS on my Trailwalker. I should do the Knight Customs upgrade on that one as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2022, 06:47 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

I don't know if you remember from my Trailwalker build thread, but I was using 7430 red springs up front because they were softer at around 3.9

I later on removed them after a few times out, because the IFS skid kept bottoming out from it being softer than the stock IFS springs.

I've since put them back on again after using the Knight Customs IFS lift. With the lift and the red springs, it's perfect!
Old 03-04-2022, 07:04 PM   #32
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
I don't know if you remember from my Trailwalker build thread, but I was using 7430 red springs up front because they were softer at around 3.9

I later on removed them after a few times out, because the IFS skid kept bottoming out from it being softer than the stock IFS springs.

I've since put them back on again after using the Knight Customs IFS lift. With the lift and the red springs, it's perfect!

I do remember that you used the softer springs at first and then switched back to stock. I almost followed your lead!

Great to know that the reds work better with the lift. Thanks for the tip! Now I need to go see if I already bought the red springs or if I need to order some.

Getting ready to start printing 2 sets of the Knight Customs lifts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2022, 07:29 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
At the time the IFS prints were only being advertised as raising the IFS up in order to run smaller tires without it looking too lifted. About a year after he first released them.... what do you know... everyone caught on that it would give more clearance for 4" and larger tires and now they're advertised that way.

You can fit tires bigger than 4" depending on the body but the front skid is too wide at the bottom to clear a 4.75" tire. You need to narrow the front skid for it to clear.

This is what I came up with

HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 08:12 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
You can fit tires bigger than 4" depending on the body but the front skid is too wide at the bottom to clear a 4.75" tire. You need to narrow the front skid for it to clear.

Ah that's good to know! I've only run with 4.19, so I haven't come across the issue yet.

Also, regarding the body... Absolutely true. If you noticed, the Knightrunner uses spacer limiters on the shock shaft to limit compression even with 4“/1.55 setup to prevent from rubbing the body.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2022, 11:04 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

I'd LOVE to do the Knight Customs IFS parts...but, sadly, I neither have, nor know anyone locally to me who has, a 3D printer.

Old 03-05-2022, 09:32 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Default B-MOW's Element GK-Ecto-Knightrunner Build

Quote:
I'd LOVE to do the Knight Customs IFS parts...but, sadly, I neither have, nor know anyone locally to me who has, a 3D printer.

He also sells the parts through Shapeways as well. https://www.shapeways.com/product/AB...86859&li=shops

Their MJF Nylon 12 is decently durable for printed material.

Edit: Sorry for the thread hijack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Phyro; 03-05-2022 at 11:00 AM.
Phyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 10:20 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

You could also buy the files at my mini factory and take them to another (less expensive) print on demand shop. I think Jawstec is a nice alternative to shapeways.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 10:33 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyro View Post
He also sells the parts through Shapeways as well. Their MJF Nylon 12 is decently durable for printed material.
You say their Nylon 12 is "decently durable"...anything better? More durable?

Old 03-05-2022, 10:49 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
You say their Nylon 12 is "decently durable"...anything better? More durable?

I have the KC skids and the differential raised mounts on my KR. I printed them in regular PLA and they seem pretty durable to me. As long as you're not bashing it, I think they'd hold up fine.

I don't have a vendor star so I don't think I can say too much, but I'm willing to print parts for you with a proof of purchase (from KC). PM me for details if you're interested.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
smc-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 06:32 AM   #40
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post

That is a good looking skid! I like that it has a fairlead built in.

Quote:
Also, regarding the body... Absolutely true. If you noticed, the Knightrunner uses spacer limiters on the shock shaft to limit compression even with 4“/1.55 setup to prevent from rubbing the body.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
This is exactly what I did to my Trailwalker so that the tires would not rub on the body. By adding the spacers to the shafts it gives it a more scale looking suspension with less travel.

Quote:

PM in route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc-93 View Post
I have the KC skids and the differential raised mounts on my KR. I printed them in regular PLA and they seem pretty durable to me. As long as you're not bashing it, I think they'd hold up fine.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
This is exactly what I plan to do. I'll be trying them out in PLA. I think they will be fine for the light trail driving that I have planned for it when I convert it to a Knightrunner. But we shall see!

Name:  IMG_8237 (2).jpg
Views: 634
Size:  178.0 KB

B-MOW's Element GK-Ecto-Knightrunner Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gatekeeper kit + Knightrunner Tacoma body Build Goro Majima Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 69 11-29-2023 08:20 AM
KnightRunner Build Scale Build Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 11 11-14-2021 11:28 PM
Element enduro knightrunner Rcchris General Crawlers 0 09-16-2021 08:27 PM
Test drive of Element Ecto JMHZ2401 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 10 08-20-2021 05:57 PM
Element Ecto Trail SteveB1 General Crawlers 6 07-11-2021 02:23 PM