Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Bushido Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2023, 01:24 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Bushido Questions

So I'm asking myself why this interest in the Bushido.? I see that Axial dropped their Bronco, and I'm wondering if the deck is stacked against getting these things to crawl like their longer wheelbase companions.

I'm kicking around a build idea for the Bushido, but is the uniqueness of the truck mostly due to the body and looks, or does it crawl with a significantly different feel than the longer wheel base trucks.? I realize it won't be a comp truck, but does it feel seriously handicapped on steep, technical terrain?

s.
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2023, 01:55 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Bushido Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB1 View Post
So I'm asking myself why this interest in the Bushido.? I see that Axial dropped their Bronco, and I'm wondering if the deck is stacked against getting these things to crawl like their longer wheelbase companions.

I'm kicking around a build idea for the Bushido, but is the uniqueness of the truck mostly due to the body and looks, or does it crawl with a significantly different feel than the longer wheel base trucks.? I realize it won't be a comp truck, but does it feel seriously handicapped on steep, technical terrain?

s.

Aren’t both the 10.3 bronco and bushido 12.3” wheel base? That’s one of the reasons I lost interest in the bushido as soon as i found out they just made the body huge to fit the standard 12.3” chassis.

Maybe that is swb to you, idk. Every rig I have at the moment is 12.3 besides my 10.3 gladiator.

Regardless, care to share the build idea you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 02:18 PM   #3
Slow is the new Fast

Wheelbase on Bushido is 11.8

Shorter, but should be shorter yet. I understand the body is large, like the 10.3 early Bronco

Vaterra designed a beautiful early bronco body, the WB was truly short at 10.95

Last edited by smog; 10-23-2023 at 02:20 PM.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 02:23 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Greetings T,

My thoughts were to build it into portal with their new X transmission, and see if it would be a fun rock/boulder crawler. Your comments on the body are spot on and I hadn't been able to put my finger on it what I didn't like about the truck, but that does strike as an odd fit.

Looking over the specs, and I read that it's a 11.8" wheelbase, but I haven't put one in my hands. Here are the specs:

Body Features
  • Bushido 1-piece body thermoformed in high-strength polycarbonate
  • Clear windows
  • Molded grill
  • Replaceable headlight lenses
  • Adjustable front and rear injection-molded bumpers
  • Injection-molded snorkel, wipers, and mirrors
  • Realistic styling
  • Injection-molded rear bed cage
  • Licensed 1.9" x 4.65" General GrabberTM X3 tires
  • 11.8" (300mm) wheelbase

Lemme know your thoughts if we assume it's 11.8".? Maybe a different body?

s
Old 10-23-2023, 03:35 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
... does it crawl with a significantly different feel than the longer wheel base trucks.? I realize it won't be a comp truck, but does it feel seriously handicapped on steep, technical terrain?

s.
My UMG clocks in at an 11.4 WB and it's noticeably more agile. Imagine there'd be a similar feel to an 11.8 if your used to standard WB trucks. Has no problems on incline - in fact, it's one of my best overall performers.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 03:42 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Interesting intel. Many thanks,

s.
Old 10-23-2023, 03:48 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
My UMG clocks in at an 11.4 WB and it's noticeably more agile. Imagine there'd be a similar feel to an 11.8 if your used to standard WB trucks. Has no problems on incline - in fact, it's one of my best overall performers.

I regret not getting a umg10 so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Wheelbase on Bushido is 11.8

Shorter, but should be shorter yet. I understand the body is large, like the 10.3 early Bronco

Vaterra designed a beautiful early bronco body, the WB was truly short at 10.95

Yep, that was my mistake. All I remember for sure is that once I saw it side by side to a Phoenix for reference I lost interest.

Quote:
Greetings T,

My thoughts were to build it into portal with their new X transmission, and see if it would be a fun rock/boulder crawler. Your comments on the body are spot on and I hadn't been able to put my finger on it what I didn't like about the truck, but that does strike as an odd fit.

Looking over the specs, and I read that it's a 11.8" wheelbase, but I haven't put one in my hands. Here are the specs:
[*]11.8" (300mm) wheelbase[/LIST]

Lemme know your thoughts if we assume it's 11.8".? Maybe a different body?

s

Doing the math on the wheelbase it scales out to around 1/6.77

That sounds like a very interesting idea and I’d like to see it. They certainly did a good job on the body styling wise.

I understand the limitations manufacturers have with scaling bodies to fit existing setups, or just wanting certain specs to fit into what’s most common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 04:27 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, I was thinking with portals and slightly smaller tires just to see how it would look. I might just get parts rather than the RTR, knowing I'm gonna replace most bits. I'll kick it around a bit, but I appreciate everyone's input and thoughts. Much appreciated.

s.

Bushido Questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JDM74's Bushido JDM74 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 27 11-29-2023 02:44 PM
HELP! Axle questions/ Diff questions DirtyChevy45 Axial Wraith 17 08-06-2020 09:17 AM
lipo questions with charger questions can you all help champ198 Electronics 16 05-02-2013 01:24 PM
lipo questions with charger questions can you all help champ198 Electronics 0 04-30-2013 05:54 PM
Questions questions questions quest qowirnl RYY Newbie General 11 10-04-2006 08:18 PM