Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Element Ecto

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2022, 06:55 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Element Ecto

What would be good upgrades or mods for the Ecto? So far I have upgraded the tires to the proline hyrax with dual stage foam, desert lizard 90mm shocks, savox servo, axial ar44 axles, and new transmitter and receiver. I have been looking at the fusion all in one motor. Has anyone removed the trail arms? Also will any of the enduro parts fit the ecto?
Volsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2022, 10:09 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Element Ecto

I have the Gatekeeper Kit, which is "just another" Enduro-family member, but very similar to the Ecto. Additionally, my next door neighbor has the Ecto.

Regarding the HW Fusion, no, be our won't fit...too long. However, the Spektrum version - the Firma 2-in-1, which is made by HW for Spektrum - will fit, as the can is slightly shorter. At the same time, it's also slightly larger in diameter...so, you'd need to Dremel away a small portion of the rear upper link mount (see photo, below). As for the training arms, yes, you can replace them with rear lower links. I don't know the length needed, but my neighbor did it. Finally, as for upgrades, many Enduro upgrades will also work on the Ecto...if I was able to install Enduro upgrades on my GK, I know you'll be able to install on your Ecto.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 11:29 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Element Ecto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
I have the Gatekeeper Kit, which is "just another" Enduro-family member, but very similar to the Ecto. Additionally, my next door neighbor has the Ecto.

Regarding the HW Fusion, no, be our won't fit...too long. However, the Spektrum version - the Firma 2-in-1, which is made by HW for Spektrum - will fit, as the can is slightly shorter. At the same time, it's also slightly larger in diameter...so, you'd need to Dremel away a small portion of the rear upper link mount (see photo, below). As for the training arms, yes, you can replace them with rear lower links. I don't know the length needed, but my neighbor did it. Finally, as for upgrades, many Enduro upgrades will also work on the Ecto...if I was able to install Enduro upgrades on my GK, I know you'll be able to install on your Ecto.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Hey Panther,

The Enduro platform has 2 different transmission configurations. Spur forward like you have pictured, and spur rearward like mine. The Builder’s Kit 1 comes with the optional layshaft which allows for the spur forward config.

The rearward spur configuration allows a Fusion to really nicely. Here’s my Sendero/Ecto hybrid with a Fusion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volsfan25 View Post
What would be good upgrades or mods for the Ecto? So far I have upgraded the tires to the proline hyrax with dual stage foam, desert lizard 90mm shocks, savox servo, axial ar44 axles, and new transmitter and receiver. I have been looking at the fusion all in one motor. Has anyone removed the trail arms? Also will any of the enduro parts fit the ecto?

Hey Volsfan,

The Enduro name is the chassis name, similar to SCX10 or SCX10 2. While Ecto is just a version of that chassis. Most Enduro parts are cross compatible between models.

Take for example, a linked version of the Ecto just requires just 2 parts sets. From the Gatekeeper/Ecto models, ASC42254 (GKS Shock Towers). And from the Knightrunner ASC42018 (12.8” Wheelbase Conversion). Just need to put the front towers from ASC42254 on the rear and use the links from ASC42018.

As for the Hobby Wing Fusion 1800kv, I run it in my Sendero/Ecto hybrid with no problems. I love how smooth it is, and how clean the install is.

Edit: Wrong information about trucks with the optional layshaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Phyro; 03-21-2022 at 02:15 PM.
Phyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 04:17 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the replies. I'm still new to this and still learning parts and everything else.
Old 03-21-2022, 05:01 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Nice clean build Phyro. So did you remove the trailing arms and use the Knightrunner ASC42018 12.8” Wheelbase Conversion?

Last edited by Volsfan25; 03-21-2022 at 05:07 AM.
Old 03-21-2022, 06:09 AM   #6
Go Buckeyes!

Check out Rock Pirates RC. They have some nice aluminum upgrades for Element.

On my current Ecto build, I've added the Rock Pirates RC shock towers, body post holders and battery tray.

Name:  IMG_8199 (2).jpg
Views: 3842
Size:  181.4 KB

Name:  IMG_8277 (2).jpg
Views: 3424
Size:  177.3 KB
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 06:13 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Nice clean build Phyro. So did you remove the trailing arms and use the Knightrunner ASC42018 12.8” Wheelbase Conversion?

Thanks! Mine started as a Sendero Builder’s Kit. So linked front and linked rear. I have been slowly making it more Ecto like.

I have the 12.8 conversion kit for my Trailrunner, as it is becoming a Knightrunner this weekend.

Phyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 10:31 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyro View Post
The Enduro platform has 2 different transmission configurations. Spur forward like you have pictured, and spur rearward like mine. The kit version of the trucks comes with the optional layshaft which allows for the spur forward config.

The rearward spur configuration allows a Fusion to really nicely.
The Gatekeeper kit doesn't include the alternate layshaft...it's a separate/optional purchase. As for spur-rear/motor-forward, I was originally considering that mounting position...but (thanks to some input from a few others, I was 'helped' to realize that such mounting shifted the front-rear weight bias rearward, which I didn't want. By going with the manual's mounting direction, the weight bias remains forward.

Ganted, I didn't actually check (ie. weigh the vehicle with the trans/motor mounted in both positions) to confirm the front-rear weight bias...but, I believe one of those who helped e decide did weight-test both mounting directions, and saw, first-hand, that the 'stock' direction produced the better front-rear weight bias. If course, by installing the IFS kit, along with the Bowhouse upgrade parts, I'm sure I added a lil additional weight up front. Right now, I'm just waiting on the tires.

Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 10:44 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

B-MOW71 those shock towers are sweet. how do you like the hot racing shocks
Old 03-21-2022, 02:56 PM   #10
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
B-MOW71 those shock towers are sweet. how do you like the hot racing shocks
Yeah, the shock towers are nice!

The shocks are actually the stock Enduro bronze shocks that came with the Gatekeeper Builders Kit. The Element Enduro shocks are one of the nicest and smoothest shocks out there. I would highly recommend using the stock Enduro shocks whenever possible.

The shock caps are Hot Racing bleeder caps. Here is what they are:

Name:  IMG_8183.jpg
Views: 3324
Size:  179.6 KB
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 06:45 AM   #11

Thumbs up Re: Element Ecto

This thing is awesome, I set it up a bit lower, put Deep Woods tires on metal beadlocks (Injora basic ones, not heavy brass), 12mm wide hexes to make it the same width as a TRX4, and it performs as well as or better than *all* other 1.9 cars at the local place, save for the some custom ones and that one guy with 1.9 tires on 2.2s.
Now I just need a clear body of some sort because that military green is ugly AF.

edit: why is reverse so violent, if I find my spare Spektrum receiver it's going in too.

Last edited by TK4ever; 10-21-2023 at 08:48 AM.
TK4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 08:01 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK4ever View Post
why is reverse so violent, if I find my spare Spektrum receiver it's going in too.
Unfortunately that’s the nature of the stock esc. If you notice the newer rtr’s have the motor wires reversed so the Jack-rabbit start occurs in reverse rather than forward.

A HW 1080 is a nice upgrade over the stock esc. Or for not a lot more money you can look at the fusion se setups

twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 10:03 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Now I’m going to have to take a look at my EctoKeeper (Gatekeeper builder’s kit/Ecto body). I originally built it with a brushed 540 motor, followed by a OG 1800 Fusion (the long one), and currently has a 2300 Fusion. I didn’t have any issues fitting any of the motors.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 12:22 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
Now I’m going to have to take a look at my EctoKeeper (Gatekeeper builder’s kit/Ecto body). I originally built it with a brushed 540 motor, followed by a OG 1800 Fusion (the long one), and currently has a 2300 Fusion. I didn’t have any issues fitting any of the motors.

I noticed in the photo panther attached it’s a VFD skid… wonder if he was confused when he posted that info.

I didn’t think there were fitment issues with any of the stealth x rigs

twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 12:58 PM   #15

Stock servo (15kg, lol) died after 3 days. Maybe it's completely not water resistant, not sure, but come on, it's a crawler, it shouldn't be that bad.
TK4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 09:50 PM   #16
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
I noticed in the photo panther attached it’s a VFD skid… wonder if he was confused when he posted that info.

I didn’t think there were fitment issues with any of the stealth x rigs

I have a HW fusion in mine. Clears the battery tray just fine so...
smog is offline   Reply With Quote

Element Ecto - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-MOW's Element GK-Ecto-Knightrunner Build B-MOW71 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 210 11-24-2023 04:40 PM
VS-410 Pro vs Element ecto trailing and crawling opinions jump_it General Crawlers 14 03-06-2022 03:23 PM
Test drive of Element Ecto JMHZ2401 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 10 08-20-2021 05:57 PM
Element Ecto Trail SteveB1 General Crawlers 6 07-11-2021 02:23 PM
Ecto-1 mmatthews 1.5 Scale Rigs 133 01-02-2014 07:29 PM