RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/element-rc-1-10-enduro-trail-truck-sendero/)
-   -   Project Sumo L (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/element-rc-1-10-enduro-trail-truck-sendero/631716-project-sumo-l.html)

62PYRO 05-03-2023 06:35 PM

Project Sumo L

5 Attachment(s)
For those that remember my original Sumorai build, I've decide to do something bigger.:mrgreen: The main drawback to that build was the short wheelbase. When Pro-Line came out with the Sumo L, I knew it was go big or go home. They call it a 12.3 wb but, it actually comes out at 12.0. That didn't change my mind on using the longer wb. Now that I have a roller, I can start designing my tabs and slider plates. Also, how I want to cut the body this time. I also want to do a custom grill like the original but, change up the design some. Let me know what you think of the grill idea. Here's a few pics to show where I'm at, with more to come as progress is made.
Pat

ferp420 05-03-2023 07:39 PM

Re: Project Sumo L

damb that grill is flipin sweet
the one in the drawing would also be um sweet

durok 05-03-2023 08:34 PM

One reason I like the original grille better, is that 7 vertical bars is traditionally the Jeep signature - well, at least since long ago when they moved on from 9.

"Course it could be a jokin' middle finger to all the Jerpers out there!

:lmao:

I have an untouched Sumo body that I WAS going to mount on my ECX Barrage chassis, but it feels so spindly that I think I might shorten my MST CFX-W down instead.

I'm looking forward to your build, it looks great already!

62PYRO 05-04-2023 06:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ferp420 (Post 6136475)
damb that grill is flipin sweet
the one in the drawing would also be um sweet

Quote:

Originally Posted by durok (Post 6136478)
One reason I like the original grille better, is that 7 vertical bars is traditionally the Jeep signature - well, at least since long ago when they moved on from 9.

"Course it could be a jokin' middle finger to all the Jerpers out there!

:lmao:

I have an untouched Sumo body that I WAS going to mount on my ECX Barrage chassis, but it feels so spindly that I think I might shorten my MST CFX-W down instead.

I'm looking forward to your build, it looks great already!

Thanks for the encouragement. I do really like the original grill so, I may just modify it to fit this build as a throwback to the OG. The second design is actually based off of a 1:1 Samurai grill. Just a less common one I guess.

Anyways, since I haven't bent any tubes since the OG build, played around with one of the bars today. Not positive if I'm gonna use it because part of the top of the fenders rests on it. Then again, it might help support the hood more.

62PYRO 05-06-2023 03:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got a couple more bars bent today. First time being successful with the multiple bends needed for the front of the cab. They're just a HAIR snug so, I'll probably cut and splice them back together. The width of my cutoff wheel should be a sufficient amount to remove. I always leave them a little long so I can cut them to the right length when I'm ready to braze.

62PYRO 05-06-2023 07:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Can you guess what direction this is heading? :)