Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Canadian Berger Build Time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Canadian Berger Build Time

(this is a modified copy off our local LHS forum at http://forums.rcpitstop.com/index.php#1)

first, I start with 2 Canadian all beef patties and...........

no no no - stupid, stupid......... wrong build, sorry,.... heh, heh

here's the actual build..........
First package to arrive was the rims, RCP could sell 'em to me but they were out of stock (at that time) + I wanted individual slug weights which they do not list on their site so I went to Thomas at Vanquish direct, they could not Pay Pal ship direct across the line but I pestered 'em enough and they gave 'em over to Corey at RCP to ship out as a special favor to Thomas - both Vendors went above my expectations

I'm sure we all know who is shown on the front of the box the rims came packaged in...

these are far better in person than a simple pic off the interweb ..

Loaded revolvers after off sets installed (full fronts, 1/2 loaded in rears for trial testing) 2 screws are now left out of rear bead lock ring with holes drilled for breather holes - nothing visible once rubber mounted - the only way to fly when breathing aluminum rims .....

full sets of panther or flat irons (with memory foams), possibly some moabs kicking 'round I have in supply - not sure which tires I will mount yet (I'd prefer the panthers
your opinion on which tires ?

- I went with the panthers !!!!!

TCS Crawlers Berg Chassis - pic shows a couple of the Losi 4" crawler shocks mounted that will be supporting this chassis - this shot was a mock up test while waiting on the axles, i still need to fill the shocks and spring 'em up; a solid (no bottom holes) delrin skid will be mounted once i rip it off my SW2 chassis and slice 'er down to size

few needed/extra parts.... servo mounts/ upper and lower clamps as well as a set of Fubar Crawlers Rear Lock Outs

front and rear dig assembly - the cost - priceless & far less than mechanical shaft dig set ups - money out of pocket for electronic dig - less than 30-35 bucks for the micro servo and micro lever switches ( i picked up the lever and the roller lever switches to see which one I prefer to install ) I have heard and know from my own mechanical dig set ups that they are unpredictable and my old set ups required a good kick in reverse to re-engage the rear axle - not this set up !! It does not take a strong servo to engage these switches and the digs will be 100 % predictable
simple dig, simple pic, heh heh

I almost forgot the most important parts, these just came in today....

not a 100% on which motors, esc, battery yet - but for trial testing it will receive the Novak crawler esc, Novak 55 motors and a flight power EVO 2cel 2500 mah lipo - looks like it will end up with 35's and 3 cell lipo @ min 2100 mah in the end run (esc to be determined) the 2 cell and novak will just not cut it for what i have in mind. CC bec on hand if needed. Steering servo over kill - 5955 !

will post pics of build progress another day when any progress is made, thanks for checking it out !!

bottom line on this build - an empty chassis, not guaranteed but that is the goal !

Cheers !!!!!!

updated pics... more to come - the more i work on this the more i know it will be far superior to my other rigs

sorry bout the green links, had to use 'em for this test as much as i can't stand this green...

more pics (and hopefully nearer completion) another day

by the way, special thanks to TCS, Fubar, RCP, Vanquish, Panther (and radio shack, heh heh)

Last edited by 3.3 Over; 09-16-2008 at 06:09 PM.
3.3 Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

nice looking parts list! those wheels are soooo nice!!

only thing that i dont like is that your links go up then down to the chassis, this will be a spot that always gets hung up. i would run the links straight off the bottom of the chassis then angle them to the axle, not up from chassis then down.

Last edited by rockbound; 09-16-2008 at 06:04 PM.
rockbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbound View Post
nice looking parts list! those wheels are soooo nice!!

only thing that i dont like is that your links go up then down to the chassis, this will be a spot that always gets hung up. i would run the links straight off the bottom of the chassis then angle them to the axle, not up from chassis then down.
Thanks,

i have seen em both ways and mocked this up the way it shows for trial although i run all my other trucks linked the opposite way; shoulda known to stick with the gut instinct - good advice
Old 11-15-2008, 06:33 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Default build update

Double dipping on threads here again, i have posted this in our local forums out here but it deserves to be in this one as without rccrawler I would not have even done this build the way i did

holy crap its been awhile....

not much changed, bull crap

I have clocked the front axle, in doing so i had to modify the steer servo plate and upper link mount plate - worked out pretty good and I learned a good lesson when clocking the axles - it no worky very well with a hand held drill, heh heh - i now own a drill press, heres a shot of how much i clocked the front

I replaced the Fubar rear lockouts with a set of JP Customs lockouts, both lockouts are great, i just liked the looks of the JP's a bit more - i had already cut the knuckles off for the Fubars but I just plan on trading them to someone else who already has some bergs..

rough pic of new lockouts, shoulda took a pic with tires off but got lazy

rear end sporting a kamikaze elec tray to hold up the 3 cel 2200 mha lipo, its well out of the way of impact (i bashed it hard to see if it would hit)

front end with another kamikaze part - delrin high clearance steer rod, note the knuckles are flat with the newly clocked axle, only the 5955 servo up front for this ride

down shot, quick fab plate for the DUD elec dig (and yeah, the dig is 100 % reliable front and back, thanks to the various threads from rccrawler members), i went with the tekin fxr; dig servo is the hitec HS65MG

on its side.....

misc pic

and i finally have a lid !!

more kamikaze parts on the way - zero d chass, delrin bent lower links, skid plate, dig tray + more from other suppliers - looks like i am ordering another set of axels !! heh heh

big thanks to Kamikaze, TCS, Vanquish and all the other suppliers used on this build - not too mention the great advice and tips from this forum !!

now its time to scratch up these rims !!!