Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: VP Knuckle Bearing Q.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default VP Knuckle Bearing Q.

I love the products I have from VP. I have a question about my newest purchase though. I just got a set of VP berg knuckles for a project, and the bearings will fall out in my hand. I tried 3 sets with the same outcome. My VP axial knuckles were a tight fit. Should I just use some locktite and call it done or will this cause me problems later? This might be normal for those knuckles...I would'nt know.

Thanks-
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I have two sets and mine do the same and in the axial vp knuckles its a snug fit i would like to find out why as well.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

My VP berg knuckles are just like yours as well. I never thought about it being a problem, figured they would get held in by the stub and wheel hex.
456heinbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #4

mine did the same,not much quality control at Vanquish but they sure do have pretty packaging!
1428turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:42 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1428turbo View Post
mine did the same,not much quality control at Vanquish but they sure do have pretty packaging!
I wouldn't say that. Everything I have ever used of theirs has been spot on high quality. These knuckles are clean too... they just don't hold the bearings in.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #6
RcBros Hobbies

I dunno, I did recevie a set of undrilled hexes last week, and 2 days prior I ordered 1 DH hub and got a SLW hub instead, hense why I ordered a pair that showed up undrilled... Fun stuff.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:04 PM   #7
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
I dunno, I did recevie a set of undrilled hexes last week, and 2 days prior I ordered 1 DH hub and got a SLW hub instead, hense why I ordered a pair that showed up undrilled... Fun stuff.
Soory, i just cant believe that.. mind sending me a pic of this ?

thanks

Last edited by tom@vp; 05-25-2010 at 10:10 PM.
tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom@vp View Post
Soory, i just cant believe that.. mind sending me a pic of this ?

thanks
How about the original question? Is it normal and OK for the bearings to be this loose in the berg knuckles?
Thanks
Old 05-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #9
I joined the Band!

im not sure i do not see this problem here with my bearings and knuckles, if anyone is unhappy with what they have please email vanquishproducts@yahoo.com to send them back so we can replace or refund. ok?

Thomas
Old 05-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #10
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
in your email you specifically asked for a 225 hub, which is a slw hub.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

What price do you have on your bearings i would rather order the bearings are they available i looked on the site and must of over looked them very happy with your product
Old 05-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #12
RcBros Hobbies

I drilled the hexes out and called it good, they were drilled in the center but just a starting whole, the tip of the axle wouldn't even fit through it. If you would like to see my uneven oval hole I drilled using a hand drill I'd be happy to send pics, if it was a big deal I would have sent an email but I can handle a drill. I was merely stating what I received. I mentioned this to a local, one whom you guys know and he seemed to know of an issue like this and wasn't surprised.

As for the hub, yes I asked for a 225 but I did mention I needed it for a DH. Mistake on both our parts, which is why I ordered another set.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

mine were a loose fit from the start also...

where they would fall in and out with no effort....
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by roksloski View Post
mine were a loose fit from the start also...

where they would fall in and out with no effort....
So it hasn't caused any problem? That's all I'm looking for. If it doesn't cause premature wear,or binding... then I'm good.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

i do have some binging issues at full steer i hope they have bearings for the berg knuckles for sale.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:17 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
So it hasn't caused any problem? That's all I'm looking for. If it doesn't cause premature wear,or binding... then I'm good.

No problems will occur, there is technically nothing wrong with them. we just choose to keep the tolerance on the high. So people do not have to hammer out their bearings when they work on their cars. We size the whole with deltronics pins. Deltronics are pin sets with .0001 increments.

As for rc bro, What axle did not fit? 300's? Cause this is the first time we have ever heard of axels not fitting through our hexes. But you are stating this is a common occurrence? We do not want people to have to drill out anything. We prefer to warranty anything that is a fault of our workmanship.

Jim
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #17
Ultimate RC Decals

Quote:
you're good to go.. my set is just like you mentioned and i haven't had any issues with them.

i like the fact that i can easily pop them out for maintenance.
BOWTIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vp Monkey View Post
No problems will occur, there is technically nothing wrong with them. we just choose to keep the tolerance on the high. So people do not have to hammer out their bearings when they work on their cars. We size the whole with deltronics pins. Deltronics are pin sets with .0001 increments.

As for rc bro, What axle did not fit? 300's? Cause this is the first time we have ever heard of axels not fitting through our hexes. But you are stating this is a common occurrence? We do not want people to have to drill out anything. We prefer to warranty anything that is a fault of our workmanship.

Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWTIE View Post
you're good to go.. my set is just like you mentioned and i haven't had any issues with them.

i like the fact that i can easily pop them out for maintenance.
Thanks guys... I appreciate you answering
Old 05-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #19
RcBros Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vp Monkey View Post

Jim
it didn't fit a stock berg axle. No I'm not saying this is a common occurrnce. A post was mentioned about quality control and I posted what I did because it did pass inspection, get packaged and sent out. We all make mistakes and I've done similar things, I was posting it more as a joke then anything.

If this was taken in a negative aspect from anyone I apologize! Vanquish does produce great parts, I own there chassis, 3 sets of knuckles and 2 sets of beadlocks along with there dig unit.

Last edited by RcBro; 05-27-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
None that i have noticed....
but sometimes i do notice that after a run the bearring is stickin out a little and not seated all the way down...

i prefer to push the bearring in with my thumb rather than it falling in by itself.......
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote