RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   EnRoute Berg (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enroute-berg/)
-   -   RcBros Berg Rebuild. Numero Dos! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enroute-berg/264698-rcbros-berg-rebuild-numero-dos.html)

JeremyH 08-30-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RcBro (Post 3256099)
I cannot recall since my last weigh in, should be over 30 grams or so

Cool!"thumbsup"

4xFord 08-30-2011 08:09 PM

Damn that looks awesome! Beveling the cases is really nice :shock:

EvilTwin v2 08-31-2011 06:00 AM

That does look good! "thumbsup"

fa1rch1ld 09-02-2011 10:09 PM

I hope its ok to say another mans Rc is sexy.....your sexy....Im talking to the
Berg.

xrra_tj 09-03-2011 08:48 PM

Those case are freakin sweet William!!

RcBro 09-17-2012 06:53 PM

Re: RcBros Berg Rebuild. Numero Dos!

Well the dust bunnies burnt my car up Saturday night. Went to plug it in for sundays comp after sitting for nearly a year and it went up in smoke :oops: Really can't see why, but what can you do?

Gotta get ready for Best of The West so I've been regretfully and also excitingly shopping.

On the way:
(2) FXR's
(1) BEC
(1) Futaba RX
(1) Hitec servo

While I'm at it we are going to change up the front axle a little bit. I think I can take some more weight off my clover tubes, so hopefully those will see a a lathe soon. I'm hungry for more steering, so I've got some Vanquish C's and Knuckles ready to be put on and while I'm there stuffing in a set of SDS XD axles.

I really wanna get me a set of Delrin SCX10 shocks, wow those are smooth and some CF wheels, but trying to stick to a reasonable budget this time around :mrgreen: We'll c if I can hold to that or consider selling my kidney again "thumbsup"

Gotta drive SDS's rig for sundays comp to stay in the points and can't believe how much I've missed this hobby :afro:

marlboroman 09-17-2012 07:02 PM

Glad to see ya making come back....

DickyT 09-17-2012 09:14 PM

Welcome back William!

krawlfreak 09-18-2012 07:29 AM

"thumbsup"
like riding a bicycle..

RcBro 09-18-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlboroman (Post 3921582)
Glad to see ya making come back....

Quote:

Originally Posted by DickyT (Post 3921894)
Welcome back William!

Thanks guys, been to long!

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawlfreak (Post 3922355)
"thumbsup"
like riding a bicycle..

HAHA indeed. I was lucky enough to place 4th with SDS's truck sunday.

Considering I had never drove the truck or used a 4pk I was happy with that. I tied john on one course and just a reverse below him on another(darn radio rx lost bind, turned it off and on and it went in reverse :lmao:) I'm not sure whether my driving had anything to do with it, or if the truck drove itself, but I'm excited to get mine to handle half as good as his.

RcBro 09-22-2012 12:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Starting to shed weight. Rear axle setup just got lighter with the help of SDS

Attachment 209922

ittybitty 09-22-2012 07:43 AM

What'd you do...drill them out?

RcBro 09-22-2012 08:13 AM

Hard to tell from the picture but we turned the outside down a good amount but enough not to worry about strength. I suppose the hardcore guy could even cut more, but the material taken off past this wouldn't even hit a gram on the scale.

The clearance and overall diameter is night and day compared to what was there. Next we necked the larger section for the lockout past the stock hole and cut the outer down. Then I drilled and tapped new screws to hold it on.

The fronts I don't want to mess with as I'd hate to accodently ruin the tube and be left high and dry.

Trying to take as much weight out of the rear as possible so I can tune the front.

Wait till you see the axle shafts

Harvo 09-22-2012 09:02 AM

I hear ya on the tubes. When I put on the Dlux Delrin tubes I took off the CCD tubes and put them in the safe. Don't want anything to ever happen to those ! It sux they are so rare and hard to come by now :cry: