Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: billj's first MOA build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 07:44 AM   #41
Sometimes, I make things.

Don't break that chassis unless you want to see a bunch of grown men cry, including myself (I would also kick and scream like a little kid having a tantrum)!

I have almost burnt down my slashes w/ bad solder joints, I am the worst at soldering, I am always swearing and yelling when I do it, I build myself a solder station though so hopefully that helps me to swear much less while doing it. I need mew tips for my solder gun, the good ones (good shape anyways cheap gun) keep falling apart.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2010, 07:47 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tydl View Post
Boy are you lucky with that solder failure, 10 minutes on the rocks with a brand new rig, it coulda been on fire! How were the rock at Markam?
Yeah a fire would have sucked. I ran it all over my house for two days without a problem? The rocks at Markham are not so great. If we were allowed to reposition them it might be good for a test area. I went there because its about 3 mins from home. But im afraid the park rangers will come kick us out if we do too much there.

Dickyt- i was thinking the same thing between the shocks. I did add a brace for the hood, but im not sure if it will be enough support for the shocks? Thanks for the input
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:52 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by billj View Post
Dickyt- i was thinking the same thing between the shocks. I did add a brace for the hood, but im not sure if it will be enough support for the shocks? Thanks for the input
Brace the shocks, they put direct load on the chassis in an area that was designed to be braced. With how you are setup the same type of brace you ran on you FB will work great.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
Brace the shocks, they put direct load on the chassis in an area that was designed to be braced. With how you are setup the same type of brace you ran on you FB will work great.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:33 AM   #45
No idea what I'm doing

Since you are running the shocks in the same holes designed for the shock mount, you could run the shock mount and thread your shock screws into it. It's tapped for M3's. A Delrin rod like Richard said would be lighter, but the mount would do until you got a rod cut.

Just a thought....truck looks great by the way
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Since you are running the shocks in the same holes designed for the shock mount, you could run the shock mount and thread your shock screws into it. It's tapped for M3's. A Delrin rod like Richard said would be lighter, but the mount would do until you got a rod cut.

If I know Bill like I think I do, he will already have the delrin in place by tonight's practice session If not then I will smack him around since I could have made him the brace last night.

Good idea to use the stock mount though.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:23 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
If I know Bill like I think I do, he will already have the delrin in place by tonight's practice session If not then I will smack him around since I could have made him the brace last night.

Good idea to use the stock mount though.
Its done
Old 12-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post

Thanks Juan, i just used 1/4" delrin.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #49
"HOLLYWOOD"

That was a nice puffed battery I think you can still use it lolololol hahahahaahha
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
That was a nice puffed battery I think you can still use it lolololol hahahahaahha
Ya think? Will you charge it for me Sunday?
Old 12-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

well got the berg out on some real rocks tonight, with DickyT. Its a great start, but still needs tuning. Gonna work on some tire foams, shock positions. And a couple other things. But after a couple of hours of driving , she came home in one piece and still running All in all a good first tuning session. A big thanks to DickyT for all his help

Old 12-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Looks nice Bill.
kennyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #53
"HOLLYWOOD"

looks good Bill
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:46 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyj View Post
Looks nice Bill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
looks good Bill

Thanks guys, its a start. Today i in-boarded the front shocks. Ill go out tomorrow and try it out. Get a little more steering this way. But im not sure if its gonna be as stable while sidehilling? also going to try some tuning on the foams to stiffen them up a little.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

I REALLY like the paint. Except you need to make new side panels without the big cutout. Bolt the side panel on and drill out the holes before you paint it.
kennyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:04 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyj View Post
I REALLY like the paint. Except you need to make new side panels without the big cutout. Bolt the side panel on and drill out the holes before you paint it.
These are just quickie panels. Didnt want to tear it apart to drill all the holes. I forgot to do it before i assembled the chassis/electronics Once i get it dialed in then ill make up some new stuff.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:07 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

What weight shock oil are you guys running?
Old 12-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

well the inboard shock thing didnt work out, too much binding!! so i went to the big bores w/ crazy origin cap mod. these end up being just about 4". I have them limited in and out. Belly clearance is 3 1/4 front- 3 5/8 to rear of skid. We will see how this does tomorrow at the North Palm Beach local comp.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:30 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Well I finally got tocomp the new berg yesterday. It worked well, still have a bunch of tuning to do. Need foams, shock work , need to lose some weight( the truck and me). But all in all it was ok. I got to the final 5, first time out. Then on the finals course at about gate 3, my punk dig went bad! So I still have alot of work ahead this week. Our local winter series starts next saturday. First comp out and i forgot my camera, so no pics.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

While i have the electronics out (bad punk dig) i rebuilt the shocks . Crazy Origin caps, trimmed down revo rod ends, 4mm buttonheads. They come out to 4 1/16 ete. Im really liking the stance now, 3 1/4" front of skid-3 5/8" rear. Also got some new batteries in the mail today, cant wait to try them out!!