Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Old Rig – New Driver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Old Rig – New Driver

I am sure you guys will recognize this rig and know who I purchased it from. There obviously wasn’t any need to change anything. I just added the electronics, got some new skins from Freq-E-Dezigns, installed Clover Custom Design’s rear axle tubes with RC Axle Master’s rear axles and called it good. With respect to the electronics I am using dual FXRs with my DX3R. This was made possible by using the wantAmix that is now produced by the losikid (great product the saved me from having to purchase a 4PL or a MT-4). For motors I am using JPH 37 turns that I have had sitting around for a while. So this is what it looks like now:

jlsandkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Nice to see the rig again! It always ran great for Jeremy here in AZ
jeepman128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I don’t anticipate being able to drive this thing as well as he did. I just wanted to have a rig I knew would perform from the start. That way when I get a chance to try out some comps this summer, I will know it’s not the rig that sucks.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Yep, his truck worked well....you just gotta practice with it!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Ok, I did take this rig out today to get some practice and it does almost everything incredibly well. I also had an XR10 that I have been messing around with to see how they compared. The only area that I would say the XR10 had an advantage in was steering. The XR10 turned a good foot and half inside the berg. Can a berg turn as sharp as a XR10 and if so what do I need to do to get more steering out of mine? Is the answer as simple as moving the steering linkage to the front of the axle (turning the knuckles around)? Note the rig has SDS CVDs.

Last edited by jlsandkes; 04-27-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsandkes View Post
Ok, I did take this rig out today to get some practice and it does almost everything incredibly well. I also had an XR10 that I have been messing around with to see how they compared. The only area that I would say the XR10 had an advantage in was steering. The XR10 turned a good foot and half inside the berg. Can a berg turn as sharp as a XR10 and if so what do I need to do to get more steering out of mine? Is the answer as simple as moving the steering linkage to the front of the axle (turning the knuckles around)? Note the rig has SDS CVDs.

Are you maxing out the cvd on the tire that turns more?
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

You might be a moron if your servo arm is too short. Yes, I am a moron. Anyway I put a longer servo arm on it and the turning radius is within a couple inches of my XR10 now. I would still be interested if anyone has any suggestion as to how I might be able to improve the turning radius, but it’s not really an issue anymore. I do like the fact that I feel I can beat the crap out of the berg and not have to worry about it breaking.

Last edited by jlsandkes; 05-06-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I have been having a great time running this thing and my driving has really improved. I am not sure there is anything that I should change on the rig, but I have notices that everyone seems to my making the move to knuckle weights. For those of you who originally ran weighted wheels, have you noticed a significant difference in changing to knuckle weights? Is so, what have the advantages been?

Old 05-07-2011, 06:26 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsandkes View Post
I have been having a great time running this thing and my driving has really improved. I am not sure there is anything that I should change on the rig, but I have notices that everyone seems to my making the move to knuckle weights. For those of you who originally ran weighted wheels, have you noticed a significant difference in changing to knuckle weights? Is so, what have the advantages been?

Very nice rig

As for the knuckle weights, I have been using them for almost 2 months and have NOT really noticed any change. I find I still run 2 slugs in my DH2's to have the same "feel" as I did before. (I ran 4 slugs before the weights) I am going to add a .300 weight ring to the knuckles and try some SLW's in the front instead of the DH's to see if I get a little more wheel "pop" when I do my berg re-build in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by jeepsohigh; 05-07-2011 at 08:19 AM.
jeepsohigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:58 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Old Rig – New Driver

Three years later:

Last edited by jlsandkes; 05-11-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

OOh My...

That's a Nicely built berg....

Well Done...

you still using the wantamix?

the Novak switch unit works flawless with 2 FXR's....
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Looks great. Needs some scuffs on it though. There will be some fun comps this summer hope to see it out there.
donzx12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:08 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by roksloski View Post
OOh My...

That's a Nicely built berg....

Well Done...

you still using the wantamix?

the Novak switch unit works flawless with 2 FXR's....

Thanks and I am still using the wantamix, and it hasn't let me down yet, but it is good to know there is another option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzx12 View Post
Looks great. Needs some scuffs on it though. There will be some fun comps this summer hope to see it out there.
Thanks. You are right after the last rebuild where I added the gear cases, the wheels/tires, and the body I haven't had a chance to take it out. I am going to make some time this weekend and see how it does.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Awesome cases BTW....
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote