Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Dlux Berg Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Awesome work Eric, making me think about a the possibility of a MOA in my future.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #62
RCC Addict

It's the material on the ckrc'sthat sucks. My short side is all sorts of screwed up around the pin hole.

" I thought all of this would be a pretty simple project. LOL."
The way you whip stuff up, this whole project looks easy. Keep up the good work.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #63
Sometimes, I make things.

D-Lux, you can mount your battery in between the lower front links, using either a tray bolted to the gearbox or a motor mounted tray. I made a prototype motor ring with a mounting tab for a plate to bolt to, testing has proved it to be a good mod, BillJ, and DickyT have done a lot of testing for me and they really seem to like it, I don't have enough wheeltime on mine to make a good judgement, but it will get the battery weight on the front axle, and protect your pack during rollovers. I think Jordi has the tray bolted to the gearbox on his truck, you can check em out in their build threads. I came up with the ring mod because it would fit any MOA using 540 cans for powerm so its kind of a universal fit for the MOA's.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #64
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
D-Lux, you can mount your battery in between the lower front links, using either a tray bolted to the gearbox or a motor mounted tray. I made a prototype motor ring with a mounting tab for a plate to bolt to, testing has proved it to be a good mod, BillJ, and DickyT have done a lot of testing for me and they really seem to like it, I don't have enough wheeltime on mine to make a good judgement, but it will get the battery weight on the front axle, and protect your pack during rollovers. I think Jordi has the tray bolted to the gearbox on his truck, you can check em out in their build threads. I came up with the ring mod because it would fit any MOA using 540 cans for powerm so its kind of a universal fit for the MOA's.
I have a similar solution from another vendor and it works great, the battery fits between the links so it out of the way but is very far forward, something like that if you create along with the axle tubes, link/shock mounts etc will be a very compelling package of parts if sold as a 'master kit' type thing.

Just my 2 cents worth
vodka child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

Nice work on the gears and the tubes look killer too. I'm gonna need to try a set of those. Keep up the good work.
CrAwLeR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
I put it all back together with some DLUX chromo gear pins and wheel pins, Mann 2nd and 3rd gears.

When I started dealing with the knuckles/C's I had a hard time believing you guys deal with the amount of slop that these cars have in the king pins so, I had some no slop king pin bushings made.

Edit:
Important note:
The bushings are made to work with the stock stainless steel screws. If you use a different brand stainless screw, aluminum screw, steel screw etc,. you may find some will not even fit or be sloppy. After measuring many brands and different materials I have found the screws to vary greatly. I have not found a steel screw or aluminum screw that will fit.

NO SLOP king pin bushings. AX10, Berg, SCX10

Very nice..... a no slop bushing........

been bitchin about that ever since the vp knuckles came out..

and some nice lookin toobs....

think you will get any flex out the long side delrin toobe?????
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

done yet??? lets go crawling yo!!!
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:27 PM   #68
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
Awesome work Eric, making me think about a the possibility of a MOA in my future.
Thanks John. I am having fun with this build. I think I will like the car too. I just need something more dependable. Something more capable would be a bonus too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjiz View Post
It's the material on the ckrc'sthat sucks. My short side is all sorts of screwed up around the pin hole.

" I thought all of this would be a pretty simple project. LOL."
The way you whip stuff up, this whole project looks easy. Keep up the good work.
Good to know. Sounds too soft.

Thanks for the good words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
D-Lux, you can mount your battery in between the lower front links,............
Yeah, I think I will check out some battery mounts in the future. Right now I think I will just use the chassis as intended to get this thing on the rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodka child View Post
I have a similar solution from another vendor and it works great, the battery fits between the links so it out of the way but is very far forward, something like that if you create along with the axle tubes, link/shock mounts etc will be a very compelling package of parts if sold as a 'master kit' type thing.

Just my 2 cents worth
Unless I can figure out some ground breaking battery mount I wont be selling one since there are already some on the market. I am working the brain thinking about one though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAwLeR13 View Post
Nice work on the gears and the tubes look killer too. I'm gonna need to try a set of those. Keep up the good work.
Thanks for your support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roksloski View Post
Very nice..... a no slop bushing........

been bitchin about that ever since the vp knuckles came out..

and some nice lookin toobs....

think you will get any flex out the long side delrin toobe?????
Cool. Let me know what you think about the bushings.

If I try to bend the tubes with my hands I can bend the long side Delrin tube and I cannot bend either the short Delrin or AL front tube. For refernce,... if I do the same to my Losi axle I get more of a bend out of it and its shorter even. The Losi tube measures approx .090 wall and the Berg ones I made measure approx .125 wall in the thinnest spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
done yet??? lets go crawling yo!!!
Man, I wish. I was really, really hoping for a chassis shipment notice today. Hopefully tomorrow. I would really like it by this weekend.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:38 PM   #69
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.VERTICAL View Post
You could shave a little more off the tran case for a few more g's
Thanks again for sharing this. I get pretty pumped over free mods.

I did the mod myself and it ended up taking off 4g of un needed AL

Take note that I pulled the ole Jenny Craig trick and I took the frowning/bad clothing etc,. before when it was fat and then the nicer/smiling picture after. I think it makes the case look skinnier and happier

Old 05-31-2011, 11:43 PM   #70
Wanna get? Gotta want.

This brought the entire case down to 45g.

I have been spending the days waiting for parts by trying to perfect all the different parts of this build. I decided that it could be nice to take some more weight out of the case by making a poly carb inspection plate for it. This knocked approx 3/4g more off the case to bring the entire case down to 41g. Thats 17g or close to .6oz taken off just the case itself, no gears etc,. I will be offering this inspection case SUPER CHEAP. I just need to replace the end mill that I broke and get some more material.

AL inspection cover 4g

Poly carb inspection cover less than 1g

Old 06-01-2011, 12:44 AM   #71
Rock Crawler

Its going to be like driving air Awsome build thread.
obebaldone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #72
RCC Addict

Alright. This is getting a little out of Hand. Probably the coolest build I have seen to day simply as a result of taking stock stuff and adding some serious style points.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

this thing gonna be ready by sat???
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

^^^
yeah! What he said!!!
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

Dude this thing looks sick!!! Are you concerned about the long tube flexing at all?
darkmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #76
Pebble Pounder

What they said...? Hope you get it done for saturday, look forward to seeing it!
HTRDDZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:17 AM   #77
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Sorry guys. I was not trying to ignore.

I checked my tracking number for my chassis on Wed and it said it was out for delivery. This was great news because I was expecting it Thursday with less than 24 hours to build the entire car.

The sun was shining, I was feeling good because I was going to have the chassis that I have been waiting so long for. It was a good day. As I was waiting for my mailman who comes late in the day, it got cloudy, windy and the weather was looking like crap (as you locals know). Right when the weather turns to crap my mailman shows up with nothing. I was totally bummed! But, a couple hours later, a different mailman came. There was some mix up at the post office so I had two different deliveries in one day, weird. The second mailman brought the chassis! I was/am stoaked that I had another 24hrs to try and get it done. So, thats what I have been doing in the last 26 or so hours.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:19 AM   #78
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmanx View Post
Dude this thing looks sick!!! Are you concerned about the long tube flexing at all?
Yeah, I am a bit concerned with it along with some other things. There is no way to find the edge if you do not fall off, in this hobby. You may be able to take the tubes thinner or a smaller O.D. I dont know and thats what I am about to find out.

If somebody is looking for a car to pass down to their grand children they will probably want to stick with the stock axles. Carbon fiber chassis concern me too but they are all about performance. I would run one knowing I would probably break it.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:21 AM   #79
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Yeah, I am a bit concerned with it along with some other things. There is no way to find the edge if you do not fall off, in this hobby. You may be able to take the tubes thinner or a smaller O.D. I dont know and thats what I am about to find out.

If somebody is looking for a car to pass down to their grand children they will probably want to stick with the stock axles. Carbon fiber chassis concern me too but they are all about performance. I would run one knowing I would probably break it.
I got the chassis and the first order of business was to replace all the stainless screws with AL screws.

T1E with stainless 3.7oz

T1E with AL 3.2oz

Old 06-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #80
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I was doing some looking around and knew some were running AL rod end/shock balls. I was skeptical but in this thread (Weights Thread) I saw some results. I am not 100% sure they are the best bang for the buck but it is what it is.

I weighed 16 stock balls vs. 16 AL balls. This is just for the links. I ended up doing another 8 for all my shocks too so, approx 10g weight lost.

Stock balls 10g

AL balls 3g