Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Dlux Berg Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #121
Rock Crawler

its pretty large... a delrin base with a aluminum arm would be nice. almost like a losi shock arm. but smaller. maybe even carbon fiber?
TANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 11:16 PM   #122
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANK View Post
its pretty large... a delrin base with a aluminum arm would be nice. almost like a losi shock arm. but smaller. maybe even carbon fiber?
No matter what, the base will have to be thick in order to have everything centered.

Its as wide as a stock mount and its going to look much bigger too since its almost 2x as tall and had to be thicker in order to get that driver side link in the right spot.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:01 AM   #123
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Edit:

Why is it important to have the links closer together?
It affects the roll axis and the stability of the rig in off camber situations. It also affects the arc in which the rear axle travels throughout the suspension cycle. The most basic effect it has is that it helps to keep the axle centered in the vehicle.

Of course is is much more difficult than I can explain, but those are the basic ideas if I remember correctly. If you built it with a thin riser you can always use spacers or standoffs to adjust the mounting point, but if you build it with a wide riser you are stuck with adjusting outwards from there.
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #124
RCC Addict

I like it. I'm not sure on how much axle side separation is needed but that's a big step in the right direction.

If you ever need a cold weather tester lmk what I can do.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:27 AM   #125
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I ended up making some new panels. I am liking these much better. The rear of the cab was getting pretty beat up from rolling.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:29 AM   #126
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I ended up taking Hulksta's advice and I turned down the O.D. of the big bores. Looks like a loss of 2g per shock. I didnt have any AL screws when I did the cap mod so I have some 4mm stainless screws in there that I would like to get out also.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:38 AM   #127
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I think I finally settled on a rear link mount. Thanks to Tank for the great idea of making it adjustable from the outside

I have been running this mount for the last couple of days and have some pretty abusive hours on it so far with zero issues. It is really nice to be able to adjust your motor up and down to get it exactly like you want and the mount has been very nice to adjust and do some tuning. I was running the top hole on some really sick/dusty rock. With that much anti squat it was really nice to try and grab some extra traction. When I went out and drove where the traction was really high, I had to take it down to the lowest hole or there was too much anti squat and I would get some hopping. After I figured that out, I adjusted my chassis for the least amount of anti squat possible so I can tune it all on the axle mount. It has been really nice and will be awesome to be able to adjust it depending on the terrain. Another nice feature that I have not tried yet is that the mount will allow you to run longer links without sacrificing the over all height.

The way the mount ended up working is that I left the 3 adjustments in the inside of the case and then I did another 3 on the outside. If my thinking is right that means you can have 4 additional adjustments over stock. Course tune it on the inside of the case and then fine tune on the outside.

Picture with the mount adjusted all the way back:

Picture with the mount adjusted all the way forward:

Old 06-18-2011, 07:07 AM   #128
I wanna be Dave

Very nice Erik! Now when can I send you some money?
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:54 AM   #129
Rock Crawler

Looks great Erik. I can't wait to get mine. How are the delrin tubes holding up to abuse. Those would be great to try also. Keep the superb parts coming.
CrAwLeR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #130
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
Very nice Erik! Now when can I send you some money?
The smaller/accessory stuff will be ready in a week or so. I need to work out the final detail on the axles and then it will be shortly after that.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #131
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAwLeR13 View Post
Looks great Erik. I can't wait to get mine. How are the delrin tubes holding up to abuse. Those would be great to try also. Keep the superb parts coming.
Thanks!

The tubes are holding up great! So good that its tempting to cut them down some more. I think there is little gain in that though so I am going to leave it as is. I wish I had a long laundry list of broken parts to show that I am being rough on this thing. The only issues I have had are screws coming loose, on every part of this car. I am putting loc tite on them as they come loose.

After cartwheeling 15 feet or so down a brutal rock, 53 Willys said something to the effect of: "Man, atleast youre putting that thing through its course". I think thats code for "Man, learn how to drive".
Old 06-18-2011, 08:58 PM   #132
Rock Crawler

can you offer the tubes in black?
willipmartinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #133
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The rear of the cab was getting pretty beat up from rolling.
Stop rolling.

Looking good man!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #134
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks!

The tubes are holding up great! So good that its tempting to cut them down some more. I think there is little gain in that though so I am going to leave it as is. I wish I had a long laundry list of broken parts to show that I am being rough on this thing. The only issues I have had are screws coming loose, on every part of this car. I am putting loc tite on them as they come loose.

After cartwheeling 15 feet or so down a brutal rock, 53 Willys said something to the effect of: "Man, atleast youre putting that thing through its course". I think thats code for "Man, learn how to drive".
haha yeah I can tell you erik is beating on this rig pretty bad...he does not seem worried about parts breaking at all....we fun crawled this week and I was calling him the long distance driver...we kept trying these nasty lines...I would be hovering over my car like a hawk waiting to catch it before it goes tumbling..he would stand back cool as can be and if the rig went tumbleing well...no big deal
he is putting a beating on these parts forsure!!

for the record you are a great driver....this berg seems to have made you an even better driver
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #135
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willipmartinni View Post
can you offer the tubes in black?
Yeah, all parts will have white or black options.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #136
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Stop rolling.

Looking good man!
I am working on it. LOL.

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2011, 11:59 PM   #137
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
haha yeah I can tell you erik is beating on this rig pretty bad...he does not seem worried about parts breaking at all....we fun crawled this week and I was calling him the long distance driver...we kept trying these nasty lines...I would be hovering over my car like a hawk waiting to catch it before it goes tumbling..he would stand back cool as can be and if the rig went tumbleing well...no big deal
he is putting a beating on these parts forsure!!

for the record you are a great driver....this berg seems to have made you an even better driver
Seems like everytime I go out there the options of the lines gets bigger and bigger. I am excited to go out there again. Hopefully next week.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:14 AM   #138
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yeah, all parts will have white or black options.
Great news!! Couple of weeks and hopefully i'll be able to order up tubes etc in black.
Great work Erik

Last edited by vodka child; 06-19-2011 at 01:13 PM.
vodka child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #139
RCC Addict

Glad to hear everything is testing well. I've really like your products.

Any guestate on tube cost? I'm only looking at doing the rear for now and a pm reply is fine.

Thanks for doing what you do!
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #140
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodka child View Post
Great news!! Couple of weeks and hopefully i'll be able to order up tubes etc in black.
Great work Erik
I am working hard. I just have a couple things to get out of my way and then I can put 100% into them. I should have the last detail figured out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjiz View Post
Glad to hear everything is testing well. I've really like your products.

Any guestate on tube cost? I'm only looking at doing the rear for now and a pm reply is fine.

Thanks for doing what you do!
Thanks!

I sent a PM on tubes. I actually gave a guess on the front/rear though so you can cut that in half.