Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Dlux Berg Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2015, 11:14 AM   #1481
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Dlux Berg Build

I've seen this trickery and strategery!
Post #1477 and video.. The whole :15-:30 second range.. Front wheels are spinning forward, rear in reverse..
You stick guys! Mr. Fest didn't like when I called a reverse on a situation like that.. Most ppl miss good stuff like this! ;)
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2015, 11:20 AM   #1482
Rock Crawler

I mean when you run the rear axle in reverse there shall be 1 point,, does not matter if you still going forward with the front axle....
FLOKI-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:38 AM   #1483
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
I've seen this trickery and strategery!
Post #1477 and video.. The whole :15-:30 second range.. Front wheels are spinning forward, rear in reverse..
You stick guys! Mr. Fest didn't like when I called a reverse on a situation like that.. Most ppl miss good stuff like this! ;)
A reverse penalty is the RIGHT call.
Krawler Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:22 PM   #1484
I wanna be Dave

I do see that being the biggest side of stick. Dual motor rotation.
I would like to see the difference in the bounty lines with a MT-4 tho.. It can, with the user's ability, do the rest of the stuff. (Atleast in the situations mentioned)
Maybe not the same as a stick, but a whole lot better of a shot then button pushing..
Old 03-13-2015, 01:38 PM   #1485
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Yeah, the MT-4 interests me. I may order one for the "Kids build" to check it out.

Edit: $200 for the MT4? F that.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:54 PM   #1486
RCC Addict

That must be mt 4s. The new model. It think there is an older one
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 04:44 PM   #1487
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Yeah, the MT-4 interests me. I may order one for the "Kids build" to check it out.

Edit: $200 for the MT4? F that.
Worth Every penny and then some! IMO... (can be found for 150$)
Specially considering the higher prices of Lesser radios.

The MT-4s is 300$.. (When it came out)
Old 03-16-2015, 09:10 AM   #1488
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Getting pretty stoked about the BOTW. I decided to make a trip out this last weekend to do some event planning and also to do some driving.

https://youtu.be/PMY-FMFJDU0

https://youtu.be/LDJrP2IAUR8

Old 03-16-2015, 10:23 AM   #1489
Rock Crawler

damn I envy you that location to crawl on...
here in Norway the best places is by the sea,,
and we have some pretty great spots along oure shoreline..
specially here in the far north off norway,,67* North.. over the polar circle..
FLOKI-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:12 PM   #1490
RCC Addict

Hey! question.....

I had one of my king pins come loose and lost the hollow ball that goes in the bearing for your knuckles. I replaced it with a filed down traxxas hollow ball but now there is a little bit of slop. What hollow balls are you using?
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:48 PM   #1491
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
No, its not even close to the same.

My right stick can control the rear motor 100% while the left stick controls the front motor 100%. This means instant changes where your radio takes much longer. Imagine that you want to go from 30% rear to 100%. I can do that as fast as my thumb moves. You not only have to count from 50% down to 30% but then wait till your radio moves to 100%. That can be a lifetime of waiting.

Imagine I want to go in 4wd but I need the rear to give an instant burp or push. I can do that. Its not even possible with yours.

A lot of the time on climbs, I like to stall my rear for just a split second and then go back to 4wd, all it takes is pulling back on my right stick as long as I want, let go and I am good. You would have to do dig and then back to 4wd. It does not seem like much, but its a big deal.

Another one is that when I am in dig, I can move the front motor forward and the back motor in reverse. This is crazy helpful when I am on a really technical climb and I need to go backwards just a hair but if you do, you will fall off the climb. I can keep my fronts going forward to keep my car biting on the rocks but my rear can go backwards to move my car where it needs to be. I dont know if this all makes sense until you use a stick radio. Here is a video of a bounty climb where I have to use the motors in both directions. I think it would be possible to use a pistol type radio but I dont know because nobody else has ever made it.

At about the 2min mark its hard to tell but there is forward motion on the front motor and rearward motion on the rear motor

https://youtu.be/8zzTASxyMHg

Lastly, the thing I hated most about my pistol style radios was when I was on a super technical climb and I needed 4wd and I could not let off dig or I would fall off. Going back into 4wd almost always made me lose my line. The only "fix" was to guess where to proportion down to (usually too far) and then go into 4wd and proportion back up. It was just awkward and not smooth at all.

The situation that made the 4pk much better than the 4pl was the dig. You could go from front dig to 4wd as fast as you could hit the momentary button which was much faster than the 4pl where you had to hit the toggle from 4wd to dig to 4wd. Some situations the 4pl was just not fast enough.
This sounds like a bunch of futaba non sense. Flyskys (with the new firmware) can do everything you just mentioned except the forwards/backwards at the same time. I was told fwd/backwards at the same time was illegal back when I used to twin stick and rocked this guy (I really miss my thumb lever, it gives you full stick radio capabilities for throttle)

The little red lever on the handle controlled proportional mixing while the push button wasn't pressed. When the push button was pressed the trigger had full control of the front and the red lever had full control of the rear. It was amazing.

Anyways, if forwards/backwards at the same time is legal, I am so totally going to make a stick mod for the flyskys'

As for your other pistol grip radio issues. It sounds like my normal MOA setup would satisfy all the other issues you had

There are two rockers and a push buttons on the grip

On one of the rockers, I had it setup for momentary dig. Just bump it one way or the other and it goes to full dig. Let off of the switch and it goes back to center. You can do this at any current mix settings, and it'll return to the previous mix.

Then on the other rocker I had 10% steps setup. and a long click set to bring my mix to full dig for the corresponding direction. (I had my long click length set to like 1/5 of a second). So I had quick access to the low propo values and the high propo values.

Then on my push button. It would bring me back to even mix

One feature i've wanted to add was to be able to adjust my "previous value" using my propo switch while I had dig engaged using my momentary so I could revert back to a different mix setting after returning from a momentary dig.

Edit: Also, something you can't do with a stick...(this may not work if you're running drag brake, I had a lcc moa ) But I could rapidly press my dig button (many times per second), and it would give me better bite while climbing. The front would get a hard dig bite but then lose it and get pushed a little by the rear. This kept the suspension pretty relaxed and help get up the stuff where the tires just slipped....I mainly used it on spots where if the rear had propo it would throw you off the line but if it was dead it would just be an anchor.

Last edited by losikid; 04-21-2015 at 07:01 PM.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:06 PM   #1492
I wanna be Dave

Fwd/backwards, at the same time, isn't "illegal".. It's just a reverse penalty..
But from what I've seen Turbofest do, the line he saved or took, from taking a 1 point reverse.. Saving him from falling off a rock, completely lose the line, roll over, gate, etc..

Well worth the 1 point.. IMO..

That tq3 looks like a electronic switch porcupine! Lol..
How does 1 thumb do all that stuff? ;)

I'm SO glad for the MT-4. All but the independent rear option, is all on 1 lever..

If you can figure that out for the MT-4, you sir, will have a new customer!
Old 04-21-2015, 08:39 PM   #1493
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Fwd/backwards, at the same time, isn't "illegal".. It's just a reverse penalty..
But from what I've seen Turbofest do, the line he saved or took, from taking a 1 point reverse.. Saving him from falling off a rock, completely lose the line, roll over, gate, etc..

Well worth the 1 point.. IMO..

That tq3 looks like a electronic switch porcupine! Lol..
How does 1 thumb do all that stuff? ;)

I'm SO glad for the MT-4. All but the independent rear option, is all on 1 lever..

If you can figure that out for the MT-4, you sir, will have a new customer!
Hey thats what I said...but was then told i couldn't do it. This was at local comps though.

I've always wanted to buy a mt4 and tinker. But never enough to fork over the cash to buy one. Maybe someday...

I don't want to stuff up eriks thread too much. But this is a porcupine radio...two dx3e's stuffed into each one.

losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:26 PM   #1494
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
This sounds like a bunch of futaba non sense. Flyskys (with the new firmware) can do everything you just mentioned except the forwards/backwards at the same time. I was told fwd/backwards at the same time was illegal back when I used to twin stick and rocked this guy (I really miss my thumb lever, it gives you full stick radio capabilities for throttle)

The little red lever on the handle controlled proportional mixing while the push button wasn't pressed. When the push button was pressed the trigger had full control of the front and the red lever had full control of the rear. It was amazing.

Anyways, if forwards/backwards at the same time is legal, I am so totally going to make a stick mod for the flyskys'

As for your other pistol grip radio issues. It sounds like my normal MOA setup would satisfy all the other issues you had

There are two rockers and a push buttons on the grip

On one of the rockers, I had it setup for momentary dig. Just bump it one way or the other and it goes to full dig. Let off of the switch and it goes back to center. You can do this at any current mix settings, and it'll return to the previous mix.

Then on the other rocker I had 10% steps setup. and a long click set to bring my mix to full dig for the corresponding direction. (I had my long click length set to like 1/5 of a second). So I had quick access to the low propo values and the high propo values.

Then on my push button. It would bring me back to even mix

One feature i've wanted to add was to be able to adjust my "previous value" using my propo switch while I had dig engaged using my momentary so I could revert back to a different mix setting after returning from a momentary dig.

Edit: Also, something you can't do with a stick...(this may not work if you're running drag brake, I had a lcc moa ) But I could rapidly press my dig button (many times per second), and it would give me better bite while climbing. The front would get a hard dig bite but then lose it and get pushed a little by the rear. This kept the suspension pretty relaxed and help get up the stuff where the tires just slipped....I mainly used it on spots where if the rear had propo it would throw you off the line but if it was dead it would just be an anchor.

Dude, if this radio was less complicated than the stick radio you were using, IDK. That is some craziness.

The only mod i have to my 6EX is the self centering sticks and i can think of two ways to accomplish your scenario. 1, because the right and left sticks can control the axles independently, i could give power to the front axle with the left stick and bump the right stick the intermittently turn the rear tires. 2, while in dig i could just use the right stick to give power and use my right index finger to flick the dig switch back and forth really fast and accomplish the exact same thing you are talking about. Personally, if i needed to use one of these i would opt for the first one because i would then be able to control the amount of power being fed to each axle. But i find i have much better results if i give the front axle more power and slowly feed in the rear motor smoothly.
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:00 PM   #1495
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik d_lux View Post
getting pretty stoked about the botw. I decided to make a trip out this last weekend to do some event planning and also to do some driving.

https://youtu.be/pmy-fmfjdu0

https://youtu.be/ldjrp2iaur8

Time !
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:35 AM   #1496
Wanna get? Gotta want.

4:20?
Old 04-29-2015, 08:52 AM   #1497
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Got me some new tires, finally.

I have always been interested in the narrow tires. Problem was that I dont like cutting them and when I am known to go through tires so quickly (I have gone through a set of Sedonas in less than 1 month) I didnt want the cost nor the inconvenience of custom tires. Well... Wheels7 has been beating me up pretty good in our local comps, enough to see the benefit of a narrow tire, so I had no choice.

Big thanks to Wheels7 for cutting up the rovers and Voodoo. After he showed me some tricks, I did the Sedonas myself. No where near perfect but good enough for me.

I think I have finally whittled down my tire choices too. I dont think the bluedoos will come off the rear, ever and for the fronts, it pretty much depends on the weather. Silver/gold Voodoo for under 50*, ridiculous narrow Sedona for under 80* and blue Rover for anything over 80*. Been sticking with this and been super happy so far.

Shot of the narrow Rovers and bluedoos

Ridiculous narrow Sedonas and bluedoos. Not the best shot. I can get a closer pic if anybody is interested.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:10 AM   #1498
RCC Addict

Wow, your running Rovers? haha
Old 04-29-2015, 09:13 AM   #1499
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Been running Rovers for almost a year now. After discovering the blue compound, I have a hard time going back to a Sedona.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:21 AM   #1500
RCC Addict

I've never ran a blue Rover. What do you like about them over a White? I couldn't imagine why you would need to narrow a rover, they are so skinny already, especially once you shave the sidewalls. I have never heard anything good about the Blue's, just that new people bought them by accident not knowing there was a difference.