Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Dlux Berg Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #1521
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Dlux Berg Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Itīs interesting for 1minute but then i fall asleep.... for breakovers we have in europe some chassis that can do a much better job And not only for breakovers,i think it will change a lot in the future
Snatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2015, 05:33 PM   #1522
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Yeah, that chassis looks like the undisputed break over king.

You guys should really bring one of those chassis to Worlds or send it with a good driver so you can prove its good and not just say its good.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:57 PM   #1523
Pebble Pounder

Youīre absolutely right,the best way to show a good performance is always to comp with it I hope some day this will happen! And i hope some of you guys come to Eurocrawl,another good way to compare different concepts
Old 08-28-2015, 08:23 AM   #1524
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I think it would be awesome to come to a European comp. I have only been to Europe once and I would love to come back.

How confident are you in your cars ability? I would make a deal with you..... how about if you were to come here and beat me, I would pay for your airfare. I would be willing to do the same... come to Eurocrawl and if I beat you, you pay my airfare.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:52 AM   #1525
RCC Addict

Quote:
I think it would be awesome to come to a European comp. I have only been to Europe once and I would love to come back.

How confident are you in your cars ability? I would make a deal with you..... how about if you were to come here and beat me, I would pay for your airfare. I would be willing to do the same... come to Eurocrawl and if I beat you, you pay my airfare.
Sounds like a free trip to worlds come on over.
donzx12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:59 AM   #1526
Rock Crawler

I would not take that bet with a dahu,, he he...
I have only tested the BWD Mantis chassis but I guess it is almost the same thing,, and it is not very good to crawl with,, (And it is kinda ugly too) my toughts at least
FLOKI-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:04 AM   #1527
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

This sounds like a good deal For this year itīs not possible because iīm at Croatia at this time with my family...
I think the cars abilitys are very good,i drive it a very short time but i can do all crazy gates that my Bully-Remedy did,so iīm really confident

@Floki-81
Mantis is not Dahu YOU canīt crawl with a Mantis,but others persons can do it pretty good with a Dahu.The best final course at BIG this year: Klick
Or show me something like this with your crawler
But this discussion should not be in this thread.... sorry for Offtopic
Old 08-28-2015, 04:14 PM   #1528
mbc

Quote:

What a great idea! Erik D get it done son! Haha. Can we get a webcast of this crawl-off?!

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk
mbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:21 PM   #1529
Rock Crawler

Hopefully we can wager bets on this. I know who I'll put my money on!!!! It won't be a Bavarian!! DLUX BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 01:01 AM   #1530
Pebble Pounder

Sorry blandon,like i wrote above,itīs not possible for me,iīm at holiday at the same time with my wife+kids.But if you want to bet: put your money at the guy from switzerland,so you will get a good result
Anyway i hope some of you will come to eurocrawl, a very nice location and lotīs of good drivers from france,finland,norway....
Old 10-07-2015, 12:40 PM   #1531
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Jconcepts made a new tire. Its called the Rupture.

I saw the "rip off Rovers" at Worlds in person and I wanted to run far, far away. They were tall, they were wide! Wide scares me and I want nothing to do with it. Then, something hit me.... I narrow almost all my tires now, what would be the difference? Well,... the difference is that now I would have a taller "Rover".

If there is one thing about the VooDoo that sets them apart and gives a huge advantage, I think its the height they give over the Rover and Sedona. I have not switched from my VooDoo in the rear because of the height and the extra reach that they give me. Truth be told though, I miss a lug tire in the rear in some of my local spots. Give and take, till now...

So, with the new Ruptures in hand, it was time to get to work.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #1532
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Did I mention these tires were tall and wide? Here is some comparison shots next to un mounted ultra narrow VooDoo and mounted ultra narrow Sedonas. The Ruptures are un mounted but full of their foam, which is also HUGE!

Last edited by Erik D_lux; 10-07-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:52 PM   #1533
RCC Addict

It's taller than the voodoo?
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:53 PM   #1534
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Some might call them "rip off Rovers" but there is actually quite a difference. One of the tread blocks resembles a Rover tread block but the Jconcepts lugs all have little sipes in them, which interests me. Thats about all they have in common. The side walls remind me much more of a Sedona, but I wish it had the huge outer lug like Sedonas do.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:54 PM   #1535
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I am liking my tires as narrow as possible these days so I followed suit on these and took out quite a bit.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:55 PM   #1536
Wanna get? Gotta want.

One weird thing I noticed about them is that the bead does not sit far into the rubber. Its only 1mm deep. When your running a 3mm thick face, it looks a bit funky.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:56 PM   #1537
Wanna get? Gotta want.

All said, done and mounted up, here is the line up...

Old 10-07-2015, 01:00 PM   #1538
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I put full size Sedona foams in for now. My intuition is telling me that I need 6.0 CI foams though. I will give the Sedonas a try and see how they work out first.

I am a bit concerned about the tire compound. They seem a bit soft to me. Feel softer than a white Rover, feel exactly like a blue VooDoo. At the least, if the compound turns out to be too soft, that will make for an awesome cold weather tire, which I have been looking for. I would also be interested in testing them in the rear with a firm foam. Lots of testing to do, which I like about this hobby so its nice to have a new product on the market.

Last edited by Erik D_lux; 10-07-2015 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:03 PM   #1539
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
It's taller than the voodoo?
Mounted, with SOFT ass foams they are 5.6" tall. My VooDoo with 6.0 soft outers measure 5.5".

Unmounted out of the package they were actually measuring dead on at 6". I was concerned and thought that if you put too much foam in that you might actually be out of spec Hopefully I can get closer to 6" tall with a stiffer foam. Narrower would be nice too. My Ultra narrow VooDoo measure 1.7" wide, same as these. My Ultra narrow Sedonas and Rovers measure 1.55" and 1.6" respectively.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:21 PM   #1540
Rock Crawler

Those J Concepts are pretty interesting, they look good narrowed. Look forward to hear what you think about them on the rocks..
blandon is offline   Reply With Quote