Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: New to me Berg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New to me Berg

Hey everyone i picked up a new to me enRoute Berg crawler last night..i have owend all the popular crawlers out except for a Berg and i must say i should have jumped on the band wagon sooner...absolutely love this thing..no plastic parts other than the body posts oh yeah ...now i got it from a young kid off the local classifieds and he has it geared all wrong imo...single novak rooster esc,with crappy waterproof servo ,and 2.2 flat iron tires, and a ugly axial ridgecrest body..so what i,m hoping is some of you folks who are familar with these rigs can shed some light as to what i may need to get for parts and such if any? i already scored a set of HB rovers white dot for rubber ..and am planning on running dual tekin speedies with the flysky gt3b radio, or will it not work ..imo i think it will be a cheaper alternative then a futaba 4pk , or equivalent..anywho anyone who has a opinions and advice is greatly appreciated..ive attached a few pics of what i got, i think i did alright for $250

not bad flex i,m thinking for stock setup

Last edited by RcKirb; 11-03-2012 at 11:27 AM.
RcKirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: New to me Berg

Needs a real chassis, and shorter shocks, from what I can tell.

Sounds like you have a good plan of attack, now just follow through!
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

yeah i was thinking shorter shocks wouldnt, hurt..recomend any certain ones?any personal preference and also have any idea where i could get a chaotic crawlers switch chassis..a buddy of mine just got a y-town secret agent for his XR and was sayin something about a chaotic crawlers switch chassis and how it was a toss up between the two ...
Old 11-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Here's a link to information about the Switch chassis.

Chaotic Switch Bodiless Carbon Chassis

I believe it's made for 4" shocks, but I'm unsure. For 4" shocks, there's a lot of options. Traxxas big bores, Losi Comp Crawlers shocks, Axial comp shocks, and many more. Try doing some searches on other peoples setups with the Switch chassis, and see what they are using.

Keep asking questions, and you'll get answers.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

thank you for the info i like that chassis a lot ..my friend that has the y-town used sc10 shocks? looks alright but i was thinking on a set of traxxas big bores ..what would you suggest for speedies? tekins seem to be a shoe in these days ..
Old 11-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Welcome to the Berg club

All of your questions can be answered by checking out all the build threads in the berg section for sure. There are many great builders on this forum with allot of very cool and innovative ideas. Check them all out and if you have questions about the rigs they are building ask them for more details.

Here is my Build thread.

Jeepsohigh's lightweight Sniper from T1E

and here is some of my favorites that are much better

My Berg Rebuild

T1e Carbon Fiber custom SS berg

Szczerba's 2012.2 Secret Agent'd 3.5 Bodiless Berg

Its a Berg THING, You wouldn't understand. By jcboof UPDATE!!!!!
jeepsohigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:06 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Spend time reading the build threads in this section. You'll quickly get a sense of what your upgrade priorities are. Agree that you should start with a chassis, links, shocks - you'll be amazed at the difference.
new2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:18 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsohigh View Post
Welcome to the Berg club

All of your questions can be answered by checking out all the build threads in the berg section for sure. There are many great builders on this forum with allot of very cool and innovative ideas. Check them all out and if you have questions about the rigs they are building ask them for more details.

Here is my Build thread.

Jeepsohigh's lightweight Sniper from T1E

and here is some of my favorites that are much better

My Berg Rebuild

T1e Carbon Fiber custom SS berg

Szczerba's 2012.2 Secret Agent'd 3.5 Bodiless Berg

Its a Berg THING, You wouldn't understand. By jcboof UPDATE!!!!!
I,m liking your build thread a lot dude ..as well the others are sick ..i see lots and lots can be done mine will be a over the winter build for next spring ..i like the sniper chassis as well looks bad ass
Old 11-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2it View Post
Spend time reading the build threads in this section. You'll quickly get a sense of what your upgrade priorities are. Agree that you should start with a chassis, links, shocks - you'll be amazed at the difference.

Hey there ..yeah i spent last night doing some reading on the enRoute threads and looking at the pic archive getting ideas ...i,m thinking after xmas i,m gonna ebay some parts for it that i may need ...are parts really as hard as my buddy told they are to get for these nowadays ?? i see tcscrawlers loks like it has pretty well every axle part that i would need ? opininons ...
Old 11-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Parts aren't that hard to find. Start with the vendors section here. Also keep looking in the classifieds section here - always great stuff there if your patient.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

yeah ive been looking quite a bit lately at the classifieds section and am always seeing great stuff in there ..

just painted this body and chucked on it tonight ..next upgrade on the list is a good set of shocks ...any suggestions?
Old 11-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcKirb View Post
yeah ive been looking quite a bit lately at the classifieds section and am always seeing great stuff in there ..

just painted this body and chucked on it tonight ..next upgrade on the list is a good set of shocks ...any suggestions?
Pick a chassis first, so you can buy the right length shocks for the chassis!
Old 11-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

yeah good point wont be til after xmas before i get a chassis...the one i want is the chaotic switch chassis ..i persume they can be shipped to canada..
Old 11-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Yeah, but from my experience, and I'm sure you already know, it takes forever to get things from US to Canada.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Yeah thats what i,m guessing..just a ballpark figure what would be the ETA for stuff rto come to N.S canada lol...i see lots of stuff in the for sale section id like to get but a lot says they only will ship to CONUS any chance of getting that stuff or no ...like to be able to take advantage of these deals also ..
Old 11-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #16
RCC Addict

If you pay extra shipping cost, I'm sure they'll ship it to you. Lead time from us to Canada, from my experience, is one week to one month to clear customs.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

x2...If you send them a PM and give them your information I'm sure at least 75% of them would be willing to get a quote and sell you the parts. I know I would
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
x2...If you send them a PM and give them your information I'm sure at least 75% of them would be willing to get a quote and sell you the parts. I know I would
I was thinking most would have no problem in shipping something they for sale ..i would have no trouble paying for extra shipping or whatever lol...i,m always on the local classifieds around here, and have been looking on here lots of good stuff sold on here
Old 11-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

another ? i have for you folks is the batteries i have to run in it ...
i picked these up when i had my xr10 bu never ended up using them..i noticed when i got them new the leads on the battery are of thinner wire than most packs i have, wondering if this will cause a problem or not...i know my buddy with the secret agent xr runs pretty well same packs but i think the leads or bigger ..just like some input from others ..pics attached

Old 11-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I have a couple of those same packs. They look fine to me.