RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   EnRoute Berg (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enroute-berg/)
-   -   Dual AE2's on my dx3c (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enroute-berg/411312-dual-ae2s-my-dx3c.html)

RcKirb 11-04-2012 05:44 PM

Dual AE2's on my dx3c

ok guys i have two axial ae2 speedies sitting around ..I just picked up a Berg the other day and am wondering if i can throw my two ae2's in it and run them with my dx3c..now i,m not looking for proportional or anything like that just wondering if i can run them in it ..i,m new to this whole dual esc , or one esc with dig , and wannamix(or wantmix) whatever lol..ive been reading and looking but figured id start my own thread ..any help is greatly appreciated..

RcBro 11-04-2012 05:58 PM

Re: Dual AE2's on my dx3c

You will either need the punk dig or novak dig , wantamix to run the dx3c radio. I would suggest trying to sell that radio and picking up a Futaba 4PL

RcKirb 11-04-2012 06:06 PM

I,m actually leaning towards the flysky gt3b with the hack ..seems to be the cheapest alternative to anything with good results ..but as i should have mentioned i,m on a budget and i,m unable to put my intial choice into play..so for now i,m just looking to ditch the single novak rooster if ya know what i mean "thumbsup"

RcBro 11-04-2012 06:34 PM

Sounds like a punk dig would be your cheapest bet.

RcKirb 11-04-2012 06:51 PM

I see you have a lot more posts then me haha..i,ve been looking in the vendor section and cant find the punk digs ..can you maybe steer me in the direction of a link:ror:

roksloski 11-04-2012 06:52 PM

with 2 AE2's, you can go with The Dig Switch from Novak..
they are made to work with 2 esc's..

and the cost is way cheaper than a punk dig..

punk dig about 65.00

novak dig switch about 19.99 last i checked...

roksloski 11-04-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RcKirb (Post 3999839)
I see you have a lot more posts then me haha..i,ve been looking in the vendor section and cant find the punk digs ..can you maybe steer me in the direction of a link:ror:

you most likely have to get one of those from punkRC web site..
or a used one in the forsale section

their customer service is poor to say the least.........

and i went through 4 of them......:shock:
would not ever use one again.........

RcKirb 11-04-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roksloski (Post 3999849)
you most likely have to get one of those from punkRC web site..
or a used one in the forsale section

their customer service is poor to say the least.........

and i went through 4 of them......:shock:
would not ever use one again.........

Thanks muchly for the advice dude ..ill look into the novak dig switch ..:ror:

RcBro 11-04-2012 07:35 PM

I did not realize the novak dig was so cheap. I apologize! I too didn't have great customer service with punk which is why I finally bit the bullet for dual esc's and a 4pl.

Looks like you can pick up the Novak Dig from TCS for $35
Novak The Dig: Electonic Dig Unit for Dual System Crawlers #5450*-*Miscellaneous*-*-Electronics*-*The Crawlers Store LLC

Hopefully that helps

RickM 11-04-2012 08:13 PM

Seams to me the idea of the hacked gt3b is the way to get what you want out of all this. I realize it ain't 19 bucks but it would work. I also used a wantasummit and it worked really well. Pretty cheap and gives you propo. I would by far do that way before looking at the novak or punk.

roksloski 11-04-2012 10:25 PM

Last i knew, Jakes Performance Hobbies had the Novak Dig for 19.99

and if you run 2 esc's that are programable, then you can set the F/r differently..

i run two FXR's with a novak dig, F/R are set with different throttle profiles and works great........"thumbsup"

RcKirb 11-05-2012 04:40 AM

thanks for all the info guys appreciate it greatly..i,m thinking i,m going to order the fs gt3b from losikid and pick up a couple a tekin fxr speedies...if not to much trouble could someone locate me a half decent pick or a wiring diagram for how to wire the esc's ? thanks