Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Dlux Delrin Axle Tubes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Dlux Delrin Axle Tubes

Ive been looking into the Dlux tubes as the first step to getting some better steering. But what do u do for the c-hubs and knuckles? Do you use the axial knuckles and c-hubs?
jdacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Dlux Delrin Axle Tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdacus View Post
Ive been looking into the Dlux tubes as the first step to getting some better steering. But what do u do for the c-hubs and knuckles? Do you use the axial knuckles and c-hubs?
Yes you can... or you can use Vanquish products Knuckles and C's. Some people use Bully stuff too.

Check out my thread. I have the tubes and Vanquish Axial 8 degree knuckles and c-hubs.

Also... check out Erik Dlux's build thread, ax10TN, and DickyT. They are all on this first page I think.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Yep, just about any combination you can think of. If you want XR/Wraith chubs I special make those as they need a touch bigger diameter tube. I could do just about any bolt on chub that you want though if you can tell me the diameter of the tube

Short and sweet answer is to use an AX10 chub and then your choice of knuckle. The knuckle will dictate which axle shaft is used.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I love my dlux tubes, this will be my 2nd season running them. Last year with ax10 chubs and RcBros berg knuckles and super 300's. This year with ax10 chubs and hacked up bully knuckles with 300 shafts and bully stubs modded to fit the 300 shaft.

They are as durable as they come. At ECC 2013 I had a major driver malfunction in gate one of my first course of the day and managed to roll the rig off a 50 foot cliff. After some help on retrieval I drove and completed every course.

Delrin tubes slide like no other over the rocks too!
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #5
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
At ECC 2013 I had a major driver malfunction in gate one of my first course of the day and managed to roll the rig off a 50 foot cliff.
You've driven at ECC 2013 in the future... Damn you have an unfair advantage now... So who's going to win....
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
You've driven at ECC 2013 in the future... Damn you have an unfair advantage now... So who's going to win....
Apparently not him if hes driving off cliffs again
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #7
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post
Ahh yes meant to ask about the cliff falling... I guess he doesn't have an advantage if he's practicing falling of cliffs again
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Yep, just about any combination you can think of. If you want XR/Wraith chubs I special make those as they need a touch bigger diameter tube. I could do just about any bolt on chub that you want though if you can tell me the diameter of the tube

Short and sweet answer is to use an AX10 chub and then your choice of knuckle. The knuckle will dictate which axle shaft is used.
Thanks for the quick answers guys now as for the shafts I'm wanting a CVD or a universal. I'm not really in the spot to spend 120 bucks on some super 300s nor do I need them since I haven't been to a comp in about 4 years. I saw on your website that you have Berg/Bully shafts but then I would need to run bully knuckles, now does that mean I need to run bully c-hubs also?
jdacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #9
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Nope, you can run a Bully knuckle and CVD while using an AX10 chub. You just need to clearance the Bully knuckle for angle and youre all set. Its a pretty cool option since you can swap back and forth from the Bully setup to the 300's or whatever you prefer.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #10
RCC Addict

I just got through building my first berg and I went with Erik's ( D_Lux ) axle tubes and his rear axle shafts also. Erik is a great guy to deal with and all of his products and his products are always top quality . Like Harvo said you can check out those threads I am running the same chubs and knuckles as Harvo. And the one great thing about these tubes is that you can adjust your chubs to whatever clocking you prefer and the same as the shock mounts . There is tons of adjustment with Erik's tubes .
ax10tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I've been running my D-Lux delrin front and rear tubes with rear Aluminum axles for a couple months.
Setup was pretty easy if you have messed with a berg any.
Super adjustable setup.

I am running Axial Non-8* Zero Ackerman knuckles and Axial C-Hubs.

Szczerba's 2012.2 Secret Agent'd 3.5 Bodiless Berg

Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post
Quote:
Ahh yes meant to ask about the cliff falling... I guess he doesn't have an advantage if he's practicing falling of cliffs again
2012.... damn phones.

I'm not sure there is any helping me, but the truck is durable enough to withstand me at least
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote

Dlux Delrin Axle Tubes - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
delrin axle tubes STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER Tamiya Clod Buster 4 10-19-2006 03:16 PM