Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: My "New to me" BJ4/Berg Help Please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #1

Question My "New to me" BJ4/Berg Help Please

First off I am a newbie, this is my first MOA crawler. I bought this used off of Ebay. While trying to program the Futaba 4PL TX that came with it, I could not get the front and rear adjusted to what I wanted. This weekend I changed the motors and noticed a 16 tooth pinion in the front and a 12 tooth in the rear. I was under the impression running duel motors with a duel esc setup combined with the programability of this radio, there would be no need to overdrive the front axle with pinion gears. Am I missing something? Also curious what tooth pinion are most folks with a similar setup running? Would have posted a pic or two, but not enough posts.
JGIBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: My "New to me" BJ4/Berg Help Please

Welcome to the crawler world . I am running 14t in the front and rear of my berg and the same in my axial xr10 with 30t motors ..
ax10tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
RCC Addict

In my opinion that's a little much. I run a 15 front and 14 rear. Some guys I know run a two tooth difference.
Later,
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax10tn View Post
Welcome to the crawler world . I am running 14t in the front and rear of my berg and the same in my axial xr10 with 30t motors ..
14 is what I was thinking, and will split the differance with what I have now. Currently the front seems to bog and the rear dosn't seem to come in soon enough. I am not a total newb, I have bought/built a couple of crawlers a few years ago, a lot has changed since then, MOA is very impressive, even with all "straight out of the box" parts.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:07 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGIBBS View Post
14 is what I was thinking, and will split the differance with what I have now. Currently the front seems to bog and the rear dosn't seem to come in soon enough. I am not a total newb, I have bought/built a couple of crawlers a few years ago, a lot has changed since then, MOA is very impressive, even with all "straight out of the box" parts.
Yes it's very impressive. I just finished my first berg build I also have a xr10 . I run a futaba 4pk as a radio and you can speed up or slow down your motors individualy instead of running different gears . Which there is a lot of radio options to let you do the esc mixing.
ax10tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #6

If i understand correctly the 4PL also lets you mix the Escs, thats why I don't understand the mismatched gears
Old 11-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

One tooth delta works for me. Two would put a lot of twist on the chassis in some cases and spit the rig over (rear end not planted).

J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaldidDog View Post
One tooth delta works for me.
Your gonna confuse people with your nerd math talk...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Depending on the Vector Victor I like to stay inverted.

Actually I am of the camp that a duel esc setup with a futaba means that keep both the same and adjust the proportional when needed. Then again I am not the Pope so take that with the grain of salt.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #10

Thanks for the info guys, I ordered a set of 14 and 15 tooth pinions, I think I will try the 14 both front and rear and go from there. I now have a new question. I have ordered some parts from Mr. Dlux. I have shaved my cases and turned down my tubes, now I need to know how much to clock the axles before drilling to mount the Axial C hubs and Dlux lockouts, I am thinking I want to clock the bottom of the cases up 10* with 0* caster. This would allow me a maximum of 18* of caster with the front case level. Anyone able to give me any advise? I really wish I could post pics to help describe what I am asking!

My "New to me" BJ4/Berg Help Please - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rowdys XR, BJV4, SA, Now Team Y-Town "Double Agent" ROWDY RACING Axial XR10 888 06-14-2014 07:50 PM
"Victim" or "V2" a "Country Boy Customs" class 3 Mighty1 2.2 Scale Rigs 10 05-06-2011 10:56 PM